SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think that Trump will likely survive the Republican primary and be the R nominee. However if he does not get the nomination, there is no chance that he will stand on a stage, raise the hand of the winning nominee, and say that he supports the winner (whoever that is.) None. The only question if he doesn't win is whether he just quietly walks away or if he actively seeks to do as much damage as he can to the winning nominee. In my opinion its the latter. He will go the trash and burn route.

What's my opinion worth - nothing.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Fed161- I think you need to dust your crystal ball.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Fed161- I think you need to dust your crystal ball.

Like I said with all sincerity, what's my opinion worth? Nothing.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I guess I’m not sure why 2024 will be any different than 2020 without a major overhaul of election integrity laws in basically every state? Biden hardly campaigned and when he did make an appearance he had tens of people in the crowd. Seemingly not a lot of voter enthusiasm. Trump’s rallies were attended by tens of thousands of people at each event. Seemingly a ton of voter enthusiasm. Yet when the dust settled and the votes were counted, Biden won with a larger vote tally than Obama. I don’t see Trump overcoming those headwinds in 2024.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that Trump will likely survive the Republican primary and be the R nominee.

As JALLEN was fond of saying: "It's a long way up the greasy pole."
And who knows what the primary may bring?
We shall see... let it play out.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just love an establishment Republican telling me that the guy who kept Hillary Clinton out of the White House is yesterday's news.

And, uh, hey Mike? Yeah, whoever is going to be the next president, it sure as shit ain't gonna be you, so save everybody the trouble- yourself included- with this fucking fertilizer you're spreading.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yep, no chance in hell it's gonna be Mike Pence.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It should be no surprise to anyone paying attention that Donald Trump was bound to be the scapegoat in the face of a red wave which never appeared, and it's no surprise at all that with the election behind us the establishment Republicans are scrambling to quell Trump's momentum.

But, oh, they're speaking out due to their concern for this nation, as if they haven't had countless chances to listen to the people instead of their corporate masters. Oh, now they want to help us, by once again trying to turn voters away from a populist president. Sure. Phonies

I'm not listening to their bullshit and we'll just see what happens over the next two years. He who laughs last...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Donald J. Trump has proven time and time again, that he has an irascibility and persistence that dominates when it comes to throwing down, rolling up your sleeves and going out at it hammer and tong.

I was surprised several times during 2016 by his ability to battle back every single time.

Now I’m gonna sit back, and enjoy the fight. I cannot think of any candidate at the moment who can defeat him in the primaries.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
And these weasels label themselves a news org.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and fuck you too, NPR. You'll be pissing about this for the next 10 years.

Do you see what they're doing?

DeSantis responds to question about 'GOP civil war'

They're trying to divide us and this is only the beginning. You'd better buckle up.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
If he isn't nominated, Trump may start his own party, with a predictable outcome. The swamp would jump for joy.

Posts: 2715 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Excellent video.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The RNC just sent me a letter.
It went in the trash unopened, as usual.

Maybe it would have been funny to read. I'll open the next one.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^The RNC keeps calling me for donations, I don't answer the phone and have voicemail switched off. The RNC tried to distance themselves from DJT some time ago, but yet would use his name or Melania's for fundraising. Am reading that McConnell sent RNC (or perhaps another source) funds to Dems running against DJT endorsed candidates like Laxalt in Nevada.

Screw them and the donkeys that they keep riding into town on.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The thing is- this time, both Donald Trump and the American people know what to expect from these slithering reptiles from the swamp.

The RNC asking for money? HA!! If a buncha whores like that want cash, they should get out on the street corner.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
^^The RNC keeps calling me for donations, I don't answer the phone and have voicemail switched off. The RNC tried to distance themselves from DJT some time ago, but yet would use his name or Melania's for fundraising. Am reading that McConnell sent RNC (or perhaps another source) funds to Dems running against DJT endorsed candidates like Laxalt in Nevada.

Screw them and the donkeys that they keep riding into town on.

That is the pervasive situation in nearly all quarters. I think voters would support Trump if he is the candidate, I know I would, otherwise their not going to go out of their way. Many are just tired of his baggage.

Posts: 2715 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
AG Garland has named a special counsel to investigate President Trump

Garland named John L. Smith as special counsel Friday afternoon in a televised press statement.

Smith is the Deputy Assistant Attorney General of the Civil Rights Division at U.S. Department of Justice — one of the most highly politicized, left-wing departments within the agency.

The special counsel will assess whether criminal charges are merited in connection with the handling of classified documents at Mr. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida and oversee key aspects of the sprawling Justice Department investigation into efforts by Mr. Trump and his allies to overturn his 2020 election loss, according to a senior Justice Department official.

A formal announcement, which is expected by Friday afternoon, would come three days after Mr. Trump announced another bid for the presidency and would mark the naming of the third independent prosecutor in five years to examine issues involving Mr. Trump.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Well, that'll lock up all inquiry/information into all things Trump, because "ongoing investigation", and junk. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post