SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 ... 917
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
11/14/22

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^^^

You don't seem to grasp that were not talkin' about pure hard data, we're talking about polls.

Polls.

So statistical surveys are not data but your opinion is? OK. The good news is that you can vote however you want just like the rest of us.

Posts: 21 | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Trump needs to STFU about DeSantis.He's doing neither us nor himself any favors.

If he's running and looking ahead to a primary is one thing, but this constant sniping is just stupid if he's not.

Trump is running and looking ahead to a primary... but we will see tonight when he makes his announcement.

Interesting article from Ted Noel who has been on both sides of the Trump / DeSantis question.

Viewing DeSantis Versus Trump Through The 2022 Election Filter
By Ted Noel

Readers of this page will recall that I firmly promoted the idea (here and here) that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis should be the Republican 2024 Presidential nominee, not Former President Donald Trump. After the Mar-a-Lago raid, I changed my view and said that the raid had made him the essential nominee. If nothing more, his election would be an “in your face” repudiation of the lawless Democrat machine.

https://www.americanthinker.co...election_filter.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24054 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pursuit0226:
So statistical surveys are not data but your opinion is?

My opinion is obviously not data Roll Eyes.

But neither are "statistical surveys" featured in Axios, Politico, or Forbes, and in politics, they are still polls, no matter how impressive sounding the name is. Kind of like "settled science" Roll Eyes

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Former V.P. Mike Pence had something to say tonight before Trump's announcement Roll Eyes

quote:
Former Vice President Mike Pence said Tuesday that Republicans "have better choices" for president in 2024 than former President Donald Trump.

And it ain't you, Judas.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...r-options-than-trump

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump files FEC paperwork to run for President of the United States in 2024

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I am pumped! Trump looks as energetic as ever.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Streaming right now. He's runnin' Smile

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It's Official

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Trump: “In order to make America great and glorious again, I am tonight announcing my candidacy for President of the United States."

"Nancy Pelosi has been fired. Isn't that nice?"

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I am pumped! Trump looks as energetic as ever.

Unlike other POTUS in the past, Trump hasn't aged in his term and beyond. He looks and sounds great.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Maybe Para will kick off another new year topic for President Trump. 47 in 2024!

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
What a kick ass speech!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Yes it was - no need for rally type theatrics - just calm resolve from a savvy businessman. If anyone can pull this off it's Trump. He has his Truth Social to get his message out and a hugely underestimated number of supporters. Cautiously optimistic.

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/15...mp-lawsuit-dismissed

Judge throws out Mary Trump’s lawsuit against Donald Trump, saying her claim was barred by prior agreements

By Kara Scannell, CNN
Published 3:11 PM EST, Tue November 15, 2022

A New York judge threw out Mary Trump’s lawsuit against former President Donald Trump, saying her claims are barred by an earlier settlement she reached more than 20 years ago.

Mary Trump, the former president’s niece, had alleged in the lawsuit that she was defrauded of millions of dollars in a 2001 family settlement.

In 2020, Mary Trump sued Donald Trump; his sister Maryanne Trump Barry, a retired judge; and the executor of her late uncle Robert Trump’s estate, alleging “they designed and carried out a complex scheme to siphon funds away from her interests, conceal their grift, and deceive her about the true value of what she had inherited.”

Mary Trump alleged the full nature of the alleged fraud only came to light after The New York Times in 2018 published an article titled “Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Scheme as He Reaped Riches From His Father,” which was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for explanatory reporting. Mary Trump provided the reporters with 19 boxes of records that she obtained through the 2001 settlement.

A lawyer for Mary Trump said they planned to seek an expedited appeal.

“Yesterday’s decision is both incorrect and disappointing, especially since it took more than two years for us to get here. In our view, the court overlooked applicable case law and the well-pleaded allegations in Mary Trump’s complaint,” Roberta Kaplan said in a statement Tuesday. Citing the defendants’ ages and the prospect of Donald Trump launching a third bid for the White House, Kaplan said, “We intend to seek an expedited appeal to the appellate division.”

During a hearing in January, lawyers for both Mary Trump and Donald Trump sparred over whether her lawsuit could move forward.

The lawsuit’s dismissal is the second legal victory for the former president this week, after a retaliation lawsuit by Michael Cohen was dismissed by a federal judge on Monday. Cohen, a former personal attorney for Donald Trump, had alleged that Donald Trump, former Attorney General William Barr and others put him back in jail to prevent him from promoting his upcoming book while under home confinement.

Q

Posts: 26337 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Rampant splody heads tonight, good deal. Big Grin

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Year V ?

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Pence on Fox says there will be better choices for 2024.

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Pence on Fox says there will be better choices for 2024.
Yeah, that's not vague. Roll Eyes

Let's hear some names

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, that's not vague. Roll Eyes

Let's hear some names