SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 ... 916
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Trump needs to STFU about DeSantis.He's doing neither us nor himself any favors.

If he's running and looking ahead to a primary is one thing, but this constant sniping is just stupid if he's not.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Trump needs to STFU about DeSantis.He's doing neither us nor himself any favors.

Why? How is SeSantis any different than McCain, Romney, Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, etc? Just because you like DeSantis?

quote:
If he's running and looking ahead to a primary is one thing, but this constant sniping is just stupid if he's not.

In case you haven't figured it out, Trump is looking ahead to a primary.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16660 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Well I guess my dream of a Trump/Desantis ticket is dead.

Not for me, I'm hoping they will reconcile if need be. This ticket would be unstoppable.

I agree, it would be a dream ticket. However Trump might be hard to work with.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Why? How is SeSantis any different than McCain, Romney, Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, etc? Just because you like DeSantis?

Did I say otherwise? It achieves nothing, except making him look stupid and suffering from a strong case of sour grapes. Like it or not, DeSantis is a winner at the moment, and Trump isn't. I want to win in 2024, and this incessant carping at a strong Republican candidate by someone who should know better (or at least, his advisors should) helps no one but the Democrats.

quote:

In case you haven't figured it out, Trump is looking ahead to a primary.

You don't know that for a fact, and neither does anyone else, except Trump himself.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
What's interesting (and amusing) about this whole Trump/DeSantis business, the recent ill-feelings and emotions about Trump, is that long before the midterm election, long before Trump's recent comments, the leftist mainstream media has been pushing along the same exact narrative that is being embraced by some ex-MAGA folks now; that DeSantis is smarter, nicer, more disciplined than Trump, that Trump is entirely unelectable., etc. And these same media entities have been painting DeSantis with a much kinder brush than Trump ever got since 2016.

CNN:

THE WASHINGTON POST:

POLITICO:

MSNBC:

And from a few days ago:

The Swamp, including Paul Ryan, The Bushes, Meghan McCain, The Lincoln Project, etc.- have been pushing the same narrative for months also, pushing the idea of DeSantis replacing Trump.

The media and the Swamp for years could not beat Trump and sway his voters, so they came up with another strategy- to divide and splinter MAGA with another similar guy, maybe Trump-Lite. One who may be more pliable down the road. Divide and Conquer MAGA.

It is funny; the media and the Swamp must be in heaven right now, because their strategy seems to be working now. Some ex-MAGA voters, the media, and the Swamp, all finally in lock-step heading to 2024.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16660 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The media aren't calling the shots in this; Donald Tump is. DeSantis has already said he's not going to run if Trump runs, and boys and girls, I'm here to tell you- Trump is running.

DeSantis will have four more years as governor, Trump will have his shot, and even if he loses, he'll never again run, and then Ron can have his turn at bat.

But, that's a long time from now and many things can happen in the interim.

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oddball is correct.

Mainstream media IS mental brainwashing. It is relentless, and weak minds are succumbing more and more as it is reaching a fever pitch.

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm here to tell you- Trump is running

This warms my heart.

quote:
Mainstream media IS mental brainwashing

It's pretty clear that if the media is for you, you are another store-bought R

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted for Trump twice in general elections because he was the best option. Since those votes, he has completely lost me. His actions (or inactions) in GA during the 2020 run offs lost the Senate, as 400K fewer Republicans came out to vote. His lack of action during the Capital riot again showed his pettiness. The final straw was his rally in GA where he said Stacey Abrams would be a better governor than Brian Kemp. We need a leader who can rally the entire party. At this point he may have a plurality of die hard followers but no where near a majority. He will gladly burn down the party and the country if it suits his ego. Time to look forward, not back.

Posts: 21 | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pursuit0226:
At this point he may have a plurality of die hard followers but no where near a majority.

So where did you get this really important piece of "information". Fox? CNN? CBS? The NYT? ABC polls?

Did YOU go out and ask millions of people? Or your arm hairs standing up give you that conclusion? A gut feeling?

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I really don’t give a shit what he says about DeSantis. My concern isn’t what he says, but when he said it. There was zero reason to attack DeSantis twice the week before the midterms.

I’m not brainwashed by the media. Trump really did it. I still like Trump and I want him to run in 2024. But it’s okay to admit that he isn’t always perfect.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
At this point he may have a plurality of die hard followers but no where near a majority.

So where did you get this really important piece of "information". Fox? CNN? CBS? The NYT? ABC polls?

Did YOU go out and ask millions of people? Or your arm hairs standing up give you that conclusion? A gut feeling?

Data: https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...nds/?sh=37b2d6bd7a0f

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

Your Forbes link tells me nothing.

But I guess Forbes has their finger on the pulse of the majority of Republicans and their factual dislike of Trump.

posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^

But I guess Forbes has their finger on the pulse of the majority of Republicans and their factual dislike of Trump.

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/...-desantis-trump-2024

posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^

Sorry about the link not working. This one should. Also, check the Axios link posted above. Another poll showing Republicans are moving on. https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...nds/?sh=4f82a5b93dc4

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Axios? LOL

They're all a bunch of Politico leftovers, you know the site that fellated Barack Obama on a daily basis for 8 years straight.

I'd take anything from that site with a car sized grain of salt.

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry about the link not working. This one should. Also, check the Axios link posted above. Another poll showing Republicans are moving on. https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...nds/?sh=4f82a5b93dc4

A sample of 1500 people

Sorry, I thought someone said poles, and not polls.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A sample of 1500 people

Sorry, I thought someone said poles, and not polls.

Read the data from the Republican sample.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

You don't seem to grasp that were not talkin' about pure hard data, we're talking about polls.

Polls.