SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
7/18/22

Description

Joe diGenova, legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia, joined WMAL's "O'Connor and Company" radio program on Monday about the latest Hunter Biden meetings, Uvalde's disastrous response and Newsom's targeting of Florida meanwhile he has an out of control LA DA Gascon allowing crime run wild.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Trump or DeSantis: Who Is the Man for the Times?

Elon Musk recently declaring that we need to move on from President Donald Trump is the latest example of chatter I have noticed lately on the news and conservative blogs about why we need to do an about-face to Governor Ron DeSantis as our presidential nominee in 2024.

The question is whether this conversation is from the people or manufactured by Deep State operatives.

As of the writing of this piece, Trump has not officially declared whether he's even going to seek the nomination in 2024, but you wouldn't know that from all the hand-wringing. So, for now this is just a hypothetical comparison.

First, I am a big Governor DeSantis fan. He is showing what strong state leadership looks like and how it is possible to constitutionally resist a tyrannical federal government. DeSantis has been a profile in courage, toughness, sensibility, and even love as he stands for the citizens of Florida. He is the living embodiment of a patriotic executive.

Governor DeSantis has what it takes to be president and would likely be an effective leader of the free world...but not in 2024. DeSantis needs to stay in Florida for now, build on the gains he has made for that state, and instill the habit in the minds of Floridians of what normal governance looks like. This, so they don't screw up and elect another politician in the vein of Charlie Christ or Andrew Gillum (Florida really dodged a bullet with that clown).

DeSantis is not just governing as a conservative; he is leading as a competent, law-abiding, and measured executive, which is what a governor should be. He is governing from the standpoint of the rule of law and not an agenda. DeSantis is building that foundation in his first term, and he needs to stay to ensure that his example instructs citizens of other states in what qualities to look for in a governor.

DeSantis will be a perfect wingman during a second Trump term, because Trump will need strong governors to help turn America from the nightmare that has been the disastrous Joe Biden administration. MAGA (Make America Great Again) is a movement that cannot rely solely on Trump. In addition to the people, we will need MAGA senators, representatives, state attorneys general, secretaries of state, sheriffs, mayors, and governors.

If Trump had slunk away after the 2020 presidential election, I could see going for DeSantis. But Trump did not, and as a result, he is even more powerful than before, as indicated by the strength and successes of his candidate endorsements and of his stinging criticisms. Literally every day, Trump sounds off about election fraud, Biden's inflation, soaring fuel prices, the failure at the southern border, our shameful exit from Afghanistan, Critical Race Theory, men in women's sports, Biden's disastrous foreign policy, and Biden's mental decline.

Yes, Trump keeps hammering the Corrupticrats (Pelosi, Schumer Schiff, AOC, etc.), but what's really registering are his rhetorical shots against the RINO cadre: Mitch McConnell, Lisa Murkowski, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, Adam Kinzinger, and Liz Cheney, who detest the patriots in their own party and hate anything that puts America first. America will not be great again with backstabbing RINOs undermining the effort at every turn. Trump is opening the eyes of patriotic Republican voters to this reality.

Trump also continues to shine the spotlight on the corrupt corporate media and their dereliction of duty to objectively inform the public. His tactics are working, judging by most Americans no longer trusting the mainstream news for information.

Despite these advances, it seems that some Republicans are fed up with Trump's political pugilism.

I'm just going by what I read in the comments sections of various conservative websites, but appearances indicate a lot of nervous Nellies who think life will be better for us Republicans if we thank Trump for his service but throw our support to less polarizing candidate. Where have I heard this before?

Oh, yes — it's RINO speak.

Now, it's highly probable many of these comments are subversion efforts by the Deep State to divide conservatives. This cannot be discounted. But it's annoying to hear conservative friends mouthing these bromides. Whenever I hear this sentiment of moving on, I must ask, "Do you think the media would treat Governor DeSantis at all differently once he became president?"

Uh...no.

Maybe the media pile-on wouldn't begin as quickly as with Trump, but it would happen. And trust me: they have scandalous stories ready to go the moment DeSantis takes office. My point is, no matter whom the Republicans elect, the candidate will be a "threat to democracy" (although we are a representative republic). Remember when George W. Bush, now pals with Bill Clinton and Barack Obama and a big-time RINO, was labeled as evil incarnate by the Dems and the media? The media onslaught was so thorough that it got W's poll numbers into the gutter during his last term, paving the way for the election of Obama.

So if you think ditching Trump will stop the drama, you are deceiving yourself. The most important advantage of Trump is that everything the swamp and the establishment have thrown at him has not stuck. If they, the corporate media or his political enemies, had anything that could hurt him, it would be the lead story every day until the 2022 midterms and beyond.

From his policies and accomplishments, Trump is probably the most transformative America- first president since Ronald Reagan. A robust economy? Check. Energy independence? Check. A conservative majority on the Supreme Court? Check. A stronger, revitalized military? Check. Secure southern border? Check. Getting NATO to pay their fair share? Check. Pulling us out of the Paris Climate Accord? Check. Keeping us away from never-ending wars? Check. Lowest employment numbers for blacks and Hispanics? Check. I could go on.

Now, is Trump infallible? Hardly. My biggest point of contention was his touting of the vaccines. I get why he did so. The vaccines were the beginning of the end of the lockdowns and began the return to some form of normalcy. If not for Operation Warp Speed, we would have been locked down much, much longer. So expediting the vaccines was a good thing. However, a tyrannical health bureaucracy intimidating Americans into getting the vaccines under threat of job loss, or their kids not being able to attend regular school, was not a good thing. Neither was the threat of vaccine passports, nor encouraging people to rat out those who gathered in large groups.

I had a problem with Trump urging everyone to get vaxxed amid this tyranny. While I cringed, I still never thought about dumping him. I figured, optics-wise, he couldn't condemn his rapid mobilization of the federal bureaucracy and Big Pharma without giving the leftists an advantage. I understand that this is politics, after all.

But Trump is a smart man who knows his base. He figured out that many Americans weren't sharing his praise for the vaccines. As a result, Trump eventually came around and began mentioning in his rallies that people should have a choice of whether to take or refuse the vaccines. I was glad for that.

If you are one of those conservatives, and you are reading this column, I would ask you to please consider that if the media, the Dems, and RINOs (the Uniparty) hate Trump, then that is a good thing. They always telegraph whom they fear. And trust me: they're scared of this guy.

We should weather whatever they throw at this man. Let's not repeat the RINO tactics of throwing someone overboard the moment the media decide they hate our candidate. Remember: the Uniparty does not care about you or the country — only its own enrichment and power. These people want Trump out because they fear him. They fear him because he has the people behind him. As Trump has said, the swamp really fears you and me as informed, patriotic Americans.

I don't think Governor DeSantis is falling for the recent adulation, nor should you. I believe he sees this as a ploy to split and weaken MAGA.

One thing for certain is that Trump is the leader for these times. His example has encouraged Americans to take a stand and assert their God-given power. We understand that it is we, the people who will reclaim America. Trump is a force only because of us. Awakened patriots are a danger to the globalists and their sycophants on both sides of the aisle.

To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, we cannot spare this man; he fights.

https://www.americanthinker.co...n_for_the_times.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Imagine most FL residents would prefer Desantis stay in FL, obviously, living here and putting another 4 years into the state would benefit FL, after that, not POTUS but Senator for FL, replace little Marco would be the obvious choice, hispanic based voters in South FL.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think Trump is too polarizing and will turn voters away. DeSantis is more personable and like it or not in someway the presidential election is as much a personality pageant as it is a leadership vote.

I like Trump as the ultimate disruptor and he is good at it. He can whip up support by the train loads but I believe it will do others a lot more good than it will for him.

We need a decisive kill shot on democrats. They need to be utterly destroyed as a political entity. I don’t think Trump can do that.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a lighter note,

Barron Trump is now 15. At 6'7", he towers over his father (6'3") and mother (5'11")

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Want to see examples of current, up-to-date Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Just go to www.imgur.com and see how much of each page is progressives/GDC/pinko/Useful Idiots© posting anti-Trump stuff. Its amazing.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
a lighter note,

Barron Trump is now 15. At 6'7", he towers over his father (6'3") and mother (5'11")

Wow. And he's certainly a Trump. No doubt about it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a long report at CTH

https://theconservativetreehou...-common/#more-235665

worth a read

“It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones.”

The theme is that there were legions of national and international forces trying to bring down Donald Trump.

"From day one to day one-thousand-four-hundred-sixty-one, no opposition was too much opposition by anyone, in every institution and every branch – including both wings of the UniParty congress, upper and lower chambers.

The threat that Trump represented needed to be managed, attacked and ultimately removed. There were/are trillions at stake, and keep in mind, DC is the epicenter of the global financial universe. As a result, the financial foot-soldiers of almost every western nation were aligned to assist the DC system in removing the threat.

Sometimes I laugh at the hindsight of people who say Donald Trump had terrible judgement in his appointments. I snicker because these are the same people who said General James “Mad Dog” Mattis was the greatest military leader since George Washington. How did that role as defense secretary work out?

No wait, Trump could have done a better job against the 147,000 people in the United States Dept of State, extending like metastatic cancer around the globe from their primary origination point in foggy bottom DC."

more at link

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
nhtagmember
Political Cynic

posted July 21, 2022 08:16 PM Hide Post
I think Trump is too polarizing and will turn voters away. DeSantis is more personable and like it or not in someway the presidential election is as much a personality pageant as it is a leadership vote.

I like Trump as the ultimate disruptor and he is good at it. He can whip up support by the train loads but I believe it will do others a lot more good than it will for him.

We need a decisive kill shot on democrats. They need to be utterly destroyed as a political entity. I don’t think Trump can do that.

I agree. I think Trump succeeded in his most important mission: to expose the Deep State, the widespread corruption at all levels of government in DC, a main stream media that is nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Democrat Party, and the Democrat politicisation of the most powerful agencies of government, including CIA, FBI, IRS, ATF. I can't think of another politician who would have had the guts and the fighter instincts of Trump throughout his term.

I also agree that what we want now, above all, are the political victories in '22 and '24 that will vanquish the corrupt/communist Democrat Party and leave Pelosi, Biden, Schumer shit stains on the history of American politics. Those of us who supported Trump in both elections, and who appreciate all his achievements, cannot fathom the width and depth of hatred for the man. If Trump is the candidate in '24, there is a good chance-- I would even say likelihood-- that he will lose.

DeSantis has the strengths of Trump without the weaknesses. Yes, of course the propaganda arm of the Democrats will attack and try to vilify him, but he won't play their game-- as Trump unfailingly did. How many times did you, as a committed supporter, find yourself muttering "Donald! STFU!"

DeSantis will win. And there is no way to exaggerate the crucial importance of a Republican victory.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, of course the propaganda arm of the Democrats will attack and try to vilify him, but he won't play their game-- as Trump unfailingly did. How many times did you, as a committed supporter, find yourself muttering "Donald! STFU!"

Actually, I wanted to see for myself all of the ridiculous things Trump was accused of saying. I learned pretty quickly that he said virtually none of them and the press had decided to manufacture outrage by "paraphrasing" him. I would expect nothing less from them when attacking whoever the next candidate is. It is possible that DeSantis can play the game successfully, but make no mistake, once the game begins the next candidate will be just as hated and reviled by the left.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
And the RINOs.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
I agree that DeSantis should be the nominee. Trump has too many negatives and a massive number of voters who hate him, fair or not. Nominating Trump again would be a mistake a la the Dems nominating Clinton in 2016.

DeSantis is a fighter and I see him as being highly effective.

I liked a recent quote by a local Dem personality, ambulance chaser lawyer John Morgan who stated, "DeSantis is a brawler with brass knuckles in one hand and a switchblade in the other."

Damn straight.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
7/25/22

Description
In the third hour of the morning show, Larry O'Connor and Julie Gunlock talked to legal analyst Joe diGenova and Dave Kallman.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EXCLUSIVE: Video Used to Charge Jan. 6 Defendant Exonerates Him on Charge of Assaulting Police, Attorney Says
After nearly a year in jail, court motion seeks his release

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...1bFLkp%2FWgqf%2BeqlJ

Maybe it was the death threat delivered by a fellow law-enforcement officer while he stood shackled in belly chains.

Perhaps it was being described as a “terrorist” by a federal judge who will preside over his trial.

It could have been being released on bail by a U.S. magistrate judge in Tennessee, only to be ordered held until trial by a U.S. district judge in Washington D.C.

Former sheriff’s deputy Ronald Colton McAbee, 28, of Tennessee, has faced a difficult road since being indicted for alleged criminal actions at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Arguably the most trying situation for McAbee was being denied bail for nearly a year based on video evidence that his attorney now says exonerates him.

“What makes the government’s case weak is the fact that the videos actually exonerate Mr. McAbee of the very allegations made against him, and Mr. McAbee is motivated to appear for trial, take the stand and narrate those videos for [the] jury,” wrote attorney William Shipley in a May 2022 motion to have his client released from jail.

McAbee, a former sheriff’s deputy in Tennessee and Georgia with more than seven years of law-enforcement experience as a deputy and correctional officer, was charged by federal prosecutors with seven alleged crimes.

Charges included assaulting, resisting, or impeding a federal officer, two counts of civil disorder, entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon, engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon, and committing an act of physical violence in the Capitol grounds or buildings.

McAbee was outside the Lower West Terrace tunnel during some of the worst violence on January 6. Several times he tried to render lifesaving aid to a dying Rosanne Boyland, 34, of Kennesaw, Georgia. His interactions with Metropolitan Police Department officers resulted in most of the charges and served as justification for a D.C. judge to jail him until trial.

McAbee was arrested on Aug. 17, 2021, in Tennessee. At a detention hearing on Aug. 26, prosecutors argued that McAbee assaulted Metropolitan Police Department Officer Andrew Wyatt. They said after Wyatt fell at the tunnel entrance, McAbee—who had a broken shoulder from a car accident nine days earlier—pulled him down the concrete stairs into a hostile crowd.

The prosecutor played a video for the court, but there was no sound, according to Sarah McAbee, Ronald McAbee’s wife. The lack of audio would later prove to be a crucial element of the story.

After the detention hearing was continued on Sept. 8, 2021, Magistrate Judge Jeffery Frensley ruled against the U.S. Department of Justice and ordered McAbee released pending trial.

No Danger to Community

“I do not believe that Mr. McAbee poses a future danger to the community if he were to be released between now and the time that he resolves this case,” Judge Frensley said. “And the government, despite my request that they provide me any evidence that he’s presented any sort of a danger to the community, have been able to point to absolutely nothing beyond the events around and during January the 6th.”

Judge Frensley said what he saw on the video was open to interpretation. McAbee’s guilt or innocence could not be part of the consideration for bond, he said.

“We have a system that presumes innocence, and for me to make a decision where I become judge, jury, and executioner all in the same role without affording him the rights he’s entitled to under the constitution is inappropriate,” Frensley said. “And that’s the important distinction between the bond decision and the decision on guilt that will follow at a trial.”

That victory for McAbee was short-lived. Prosecutors filed an emergency appeal the same day in U.S. District Court in Washington D.C. Senior District Judge Emmet Sullivan stayed Frensley’s order and scheduled hearings on the government’s motion to keep McAbee behind bars until trial.

During a hearing on Sept. 22, 2021, Sullivan seemed to telegraph his eventual decision to hold McAbee without bond.

When being shown a video with McAbee wearing body armor with a patch that read “Sheriff,” Judge Sullivan said, “That’s pretty outrageous,” according to the official hearing transcript. A short time later, Sullivan said, “These videos are very disturbing.” He made several statements agreeing with the prosecutor’s assessment of the evidence.

Sullivan then suggested McAbee is a terrorist.

“So it appears clearly to this court that the defendant is pulling the officer back into the crowd of other terrorists,” Sullivan said, according to the transcript.

After another hearing on Oct. 13, 2021, Sullivan reversed Frensely’s order and ruled that McAbee should not be released pending trial. Sullivan said he would issue a written ruling, which was released more than two months later on Dec. 21, 2021.

While Frensley told prosecutors they did not show evidence that McAbee had done anything to prove he was a danger during the eight months between January 6 and his August arrest, Sullivan ruled that the only way to protect the community is to keep McAbee in jail.

“The court concludes that clear and convincing evidence supports a finding that no condition or combination of conditions will reasonably assure the safety of the community,” Judge Sullivan wrote (pdf) in his 41-page ruling.

Sarah McAbee was stunned.

“It’s just the craziest situation, them saying he’s a danger to the community when he’s been a law enforcement officer and never has had stripes on his record, let alone a speeding ticket,” Sarah McAbee told The Epoch Times.

A break in McAbee’s case came when video investigator Gary McBride of Decatur, Texas, studied the bodycam footage shown in court, except with the audio track turned on. It painted a vastly different picture of what took place, McBride told The Epoch Times.

“The prosecutors did not play the audio of AW [Andrew Wyatt] and McAbee talking during this point,” McBride said in a video he made about the evidence. “McAbee is trying to save AW. Prosecutors didn’t play that in court.”

McBride said his analysis showed McAbee did not pull the officer down the stairs, but was swept backward and lost his balance, due to two protesters pulling on the officer’s legs. McAbee was standing over Wyatt at the time. As a result, McAbee fell on top of Wyatt and was over him for about 25 seconds.

While McAbee was on top of Wyatt, bystanders called him a traitor, ostensibly for helping the officer. When someone in the crowd tried to grab at Wyatt, McAbee shouted, “No!” and “Quit!”

“At that point, my husband just saw an officer down and an officer needing help, because the first thing he says, when he pops in around the tunnel before he gets around the rail is, ‘Hey, you guys have a man down,’” Sarah McAbee said. “They literally did nothing to help that guy. So he’s the one who jumped into action.”

Sarah said she was relieved when she learned the audio track from the evidence videos backs up what her husband told her that day.

Story is Consistent
“My husband’s story has not changed from January 6. There’s actually a picture of him that they have on the FBI website of him on the phone,” she said. “I know that’s a phone call with me about everything that just went down.

“His story has not changed from that day to today. He’s just not a liar. That’s just not who he is and even the little details have always remained the same.”

McBride and Sarah McAbee said the audio track should have been disclosed to the defense as exculpatory evidence.

If you listen to the audio, he says, ‘Hey, I’m one of you. Let me know when you’re ready to get up. I’m going to help you up.’ And they get up together,” Sarah McAbee said. “That’s not him assaulting anybody. It’s the same videos, they just wouldn’t play the audio in court, because the audio is so detrimental to their case.” If you listen to the audio, he says, ‘Hey, I’m one of you. Let me know when you’re ready to get up. I’m going to help you up.’ And they get up together,” Sarah McAbee said. “That’s not him assaulting anybody. It’s the same videos, they just wouldn’t play the audio in court, because the audio is so detrimental to their case.”

According to the transcript developed by McAbee’s legal team, after someone in the crowd shouted, “[expletive] traitor!” McAbee asked Officer Wyatt, “You ready?” and then added, “I’m one of you. I’m one of you.”

Wyatt replied, “Let go of me, man!” McAbee then told him, “I’m helping you.” Wyatt replied, “I know. I know. Help me up.”

William Miller, public information officer for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, declined to comment. “We typically do not comment on cases beyond our public filings and statements to the Court and have no comment,” Miller said in an email statement to The Epoch Times.

A Difficult Journey
The road since January 6 has been a rough one for the McAbees. Ronald McAbee was in a serious automobile accident on Dec. 27, 2020, and suffered a broken shoulder. His decision to attend President Donald Trump’s speech wasn’t necessarily a popular one in the McAbee home.

McAbee asked a friend to order him a pair of motorcycle gloves that have carbon-fiber reinforcements in the knuckles and fingers. The gloves are designed to protect the hands from flying debris while riding, or from injury in the event of a crash. Prosecutors classified the gloves as a “deadly weapon” in the charges against McAbee.

According to McAbee’s filings in the case, he wanted to have the gloves because there had been attacks on Trump supporters by Antifa at other events in Washington. There is no evidence he used the gloves in any attack or offensive manner, his attorney said.

The ordeal has been a trying one for Sara McAbee. She married her high school sweetheart in 2016 and had recently moved back to Tennessee from Georgia to be closer to family. Then came January 6.

When her husband was initially arrested and jailed, she drove five hours to a detention center in Kentucky to see him. She said she spoke to someone at the jail the night before to make sure it was okay to visit. After a more than five-hour drive, she showed up, only to be told McAbee had just left on a bus for another facility.

Ronald McAbee was flown from Lexington to Atlanta and then to Oklahoma. While waiting to board the flight in Atlanta, a law enforcement officer guarding McAbee asked about his charges for allegedly assaulting a police officer, Sarah McAbee said.

“He’s trying to explain it to him. [The officer] looked at him and said, ‘You touch one of my officers, you’re dead,’” she said. “My husband is like, ‘You can’t threaten me like that. … I’m bound by waist chains. What do you think I’m going to do?’”

McAbee eventually was transferred to the District of Columbia’s Central Detention Facility, dubbed by January 6 defendants as the “DC Gulag.”

New Efforts to Secure Freedom
The motion (pdf) seeking reconsideration of McAbee’s pretrial detention is pointed in its criticisms of Judge Sullivan, and accuses prosecutors of “misrepresentation of the video evidence.”

“There is no evidence—it did not happen as admitted by the government—that Mr. McAbee assaulted Officer AW while Officer AW was in that vulnerable position,” attorney Shipley wrote.

Shipley noted that McAbee was thanked by Metropolitan Police Department Officer Steven Sajumon for helping Officer Wyatt get back to the police line. “That exchange is captured on the audio of the video submitted with this motion,” Shipley wrote. McAbee’s previous attorney in Tennessee, Isaiah Gant, said the officer told McAbee: “Hey, man, thank you. We appreciate you.”

Makhetha Watson, a spokeswoman with the Metropolitan Police Department Office of Communications, declined to comment on McAbee’s assertions.

Judge Sullivan made repeated statements that he accepted prosecution evidence and believed McAbee guilty, Shipley wrote.

Sullivan said McAbee allowed his personal beliefs “to override his sworn duty to uphold the rule of law as a law enforcement officer and even [fought] against officers with whom one would expect he held a mutual respect or kinship,” the motion said.

“That is another pronouncement of Mr. McAbee’s factual guilt by this court,” Shipley wrote.

Sullivan has yet to rule on the motion.

Sarah McAbee said she is left with many questions after a nearly year-long ordeal. How did her husband survive a potentially deadly vehicle crash, only to end up in jail from a protest?

“You just have to believe this is bigger than any of us could ever fathom,” she said. “And that hopefully, because he does have such a unique perspective of being in law enforcement and being inside the jail, and now he’s on the other side of the wall, maybe reform will come from this if enough good men stand.”

She said she is especially proud of her husband for the aid he rendered to Boyland. Video shows McAbee assisting another bystander as they gave CPR to Boyland after she was pulled away from the police line where she was beaten. He helped carry her in front of the police line, then tried starting CPR on her again.

“I would expect nothing less of him. It makes me proud to be his wife to know that he, at the expense of himself, tried to save somebody else,” Sarah McAbee said. “You know, he just runs into action. … He just was in life-saving mode.”

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Judge Emmet Sullivan

same political hack POS that ruined Michael Flynn's life

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looking at what is going on now with the Biden administration, I feel strongly that Donald Trump will announce he is running in 2024. I expect the announcement to be put off for quite a while, as the DNC and the insane news media are waiting to hear his decision, and Trump delights in torturing them. They're so easy to fuck with and he loves it.

Donald Trump is not going to sit on the sideline and watch someone else get the Republican nomination. He's looking for payback and frankly, I don't blame him.

The Dems are floating people like J.B. Pritzger. This is the guy who had the toilets removed from a multi-million dollar mansion so that he could write it off as uninhabitable. Go ahead and put somebody like that up against Donald Trump. He'll get his guts ripped out. The mockery would be incessant. He'd end up getting a nickname like "Toilet Boy" or "The Lavatory Attendant". Maybe "The Flushmaster"

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I truly believe that Trump wants another shot at being President, and when he makes it, boy are some heads going to roll. Trump learned a LOT during his 4 years as to how things function and who are some of the backstabbers. I think he will hit the ground running and really piss-off a ton of folks.....including a lot of GOP!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...rruption-of-the-doj/

The Department of Justice (DOJ) was reported this week to have begun a criminal investigation of former President Donald Trump in connection with his effort to contest the 2020 election.

Also this week, the DOJ was accused of having spiked its own investigation of President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, based on false clams that reports of his misconduct were just “disinformation.” And last week, the DOJ convinced a D.C. jury to convict Stephen K. Bannon, a Trump associate and former Breitbart News executive chairman, for contempt of Congress.

Notably, the DOJ declined to prosecute past left-wing offenders for the same crime — such as Lois Lerner, the former IRS official who targeted conservative groups; and former Attorney General Eric Holder, who refused to provide Congress with information about Operation Fast & Furious, a gunrunning fiasco that led to the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

And few at DOJ were punished for the “Russia collusion” hoax, a partisan operation that involved lying to the FISA court.

We are witnessing the transformation of the DOJ into an arm of the Democratic Party

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Transition" was completed years ago

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^ Transformation? It transformed years ago under the libtard messiah, Obama, and under the Direction of Holder. The DOJ has been corrupt for some time now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post