SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Trump lies, preparation overload, a cold, whatever. They're desperately spinning it, despite the elephant sitting in the room, FJB's dementia. Which is great actually. Keep him on the ticket, so we can enjoy the giant drubbing he'll receive in November.

Q

Posts: 26881 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Trump lies, preparation overload, a cold, whatever. They're desperately spinning it, despite the elephant sitting in the room, FJB's dementia. Which is great actually. Keep him on the ticket, so we can enjoy the giant drubbing he'll receive in November.

Amen.

Posts: 8687 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I read something in an ABC news article where the headline was something like fact checking the candidates' responses in the debate. The first one showed that Trump was right about the inflation rate when he left office. All the fact checks were on Trump and except for that one, they claimed the responses were either false or needed context. Do you know how many of Biden's responses were fact checked? Take a guess... You're right...zero.

Posts: 6685 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Every single time the average person goes to the grocery store, they can see what Bidet's economy has done for them.

Here is something to consider: an informed pollster said that probably about 10-20% of those saying they will vote for Biden, aren't going to vote for Biden. They say they will because they don't want to end up on some cancel list.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 4011 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, everyone who buys their own groceries knows the score.

Posts: 108265 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Donald Trump just sent out an email:

"After crashing and burning at the debate, BIDEN’S REPLACEMENT WAS JUST ANNOUNCED…

It’s me. DONALD J. TRUMP!"

I like this one!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9190 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19415 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
I read something in an ABC news article where the headline was something like fact checking the candidates' responses in the debate. The first one showed that Trump was right about the inflation rate when he left office. All the fact checks were on Trump and except for that one, they claimed the responses were either false or needed context. Do you know how many of Biden's responses were fact checked? Take a guess... You're right...zero.
I specifically did NOT watch the debate on CNN, but I did swap over to them for the post debate "analysis"/melt down. About 25 minutes after it was over they had one of their "fact checkers" on live to review both candidates "factual errors".

In total he listed off 9 "errors" by Biden, although I know he missed several.
He listed off 30 errors by Trump, of which I can tell you for sure several he named were dead wrong.

Even I counted a few things both candidates missed on, it happens, but CNN's guy... the bias was unmistakable.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6264 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I used DuckDuckGo to search for "fact check presidential debate", and got ONLY leftist sources.
Changed the search to "conservative media fact check presidential debate" and got ONLY leftist sources.
How can they complain "Trump lies" when Biden's lies were monstrous, deeply harmful to the democratic process, and reflective of his administration's weaponization of justice?

I don't usually hang out with TDS sufferers, but a hike with retired physician colleagues (mentioned elsewhere) was deeply upsetting to me. They fall for every one of the MSM/Dem lies about Trump. Every one. Hard to reconcile with any respect for their medical expertise.

Posts: 18203 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every single time the average person goes to the grocery store, they can see what Bidet's economy has done for them.

ONE line I wish Trump would have used at the debate is:
“Wouldn’t people like to not have to worry about buying gas and groceries in the same week?”
It would have stung!

Another stinger would have been: “Since FJB shut down oil & gas, fertilizer has doubled. Hundreds of thousands of square miles of farmland pay more to grow the same amount of food as when I was in office…or they grow less. Your food prices and the cost to deliver them are what you see every day.”

Hindsight 20/20 and all that, YMMV.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3787 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, everyone who buys their own groceries knows the score.

That should be the litmus test for voting.

Posts: 11212 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I used DuckDuckGo to search for "fact check presidential debate", and got ONLY leftist sources.
Changed the search to "conservative media fact check presidential debate" and got ONLY leftist sources.
How can they complain "Trump lies" when Biden's lies were monstrous, deeply harmful to the democratic process, and reflective of his administration's weaponization of justice?

I don't usually hang out with TDS sufferers, but a hike with retired physician colleagues (mentioned elsewhere) was deeply upsetting to me. They fall for every one of the MSM/Dem lies about Trump. Every one. Hard to reconcile with any respect for their medical expertise.

This is a huge problem.
I also know many good people who have been brainwashed by their news source.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24323 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Matt, I have had an attorney acquaintance say the same thing about his colleagues--and his conclusion regarding their professional competence was like mine.

This seems to be The Great Unmasking: for antisemites, haters of America and especially of PoP (People of Pallor), anti-capitalists, anti-working class, etc. It seemed to start with COVID lockdowns and the callous indifference to the forced bankruptcy of hundreds of thousands of small businesses; and has accelerated to the shameful tolerance of antisemitic riots on our "prestigious" college campuses.
It's a bit like Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Posts: 18203 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19700 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

Shouldn't be hard to reconcile at all if you think about it. One only needs to consider what happened during COVID, especially regarding treatment 'protocols', and the blind advocacy for the COVID vaccine by the Medical Profession/Industry, the latter of which still continues for MANY to this day! I lost respect for the VAST Majority of those with 'medical expertise' (as well as MANY 'once trusted' institutions of our society!) once they were revealed and shown for who they are.

'Just because you're educated, doesn't mean you're smart' is a refrain I often use, as it seems that all too often, logic and common sense, and at times even 8th grade level science is ignored by the most educated in our society! It would seem they just blindly, or purposefully go along without question, or ANY critical thinking! Sometimes, on certain matters, it seems that one has to wonder whether they are ignorant, blissfully ignorant, or complicit in the evil put forth by those in charge.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9120 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The court holds that a former president has absolute immunity for his core constitutional powers.
Former presidents are also entitled to at least a presumption of immunity for their official acts.
There is no immunity, the court holds, for unofficial acts.

Justice Thomas writes a concurring opinion in which he questions the validity of Jack Smith's appointment as special counsel. "If this unprecedented prosecution is to proceed, it must be conducted by someone authorized to do so by the American people."

https://www.supremecourt.gov/o...3pdf/23-939_e2pg.pdf

https://www.scotusblog.com/202...s-for-monday-july-1/

As Bloomberg notes, the decision 'all but ensures' that a trial won't happen in Trump's classified documents case before the November election.

The justices, voting 6-3 along ideological lines, said a federal appeals court was too categorical in rejecting Trump’s immunity arguments, ruling for the first time that former presidents are shielded from prosecution for some official acts taken while in office. The majority ordered the lower courts to revisit the case to decide the extent of the allegations that are off limits to prosecution.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ges-official-actions

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24323 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
I think it has a lot to do with being inculcated to trust the institutions. Doctors have to trust the system that brings them new and better treatments. They have to trust the information in the medical journals. Likewise, attorneys have to trust in their sources.

The mainstream media would be one of those institutions which in the past was generally reliable. Same with the FBI, CDC, etc.

Thus there is a strong mental bias to accept what they've been seeing in the media about Trump since 2015 as true. If all they see is a daily news show in the MSM, they are going to be confident in their very misinformed opinion.

Posts: 9593 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26881 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That the President has immunity for official acts in Office just seems obvious to me. But of course, 6-3.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30652 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
From SCOTUS Blog:
quote:
Justice Thomas writes a concurring opinion in which he questions the validity of Jack Smith's appointment as special counsel. "If this unprecedented prosecution is to proceed, it must be conducted by someone authorized to do so by the American people."

This seems significant... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9120 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post