SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And then that candidate can choose their VP, and that gets the disgustingly stupid, useless and annoying Kamala Harris out of the picture.

Posts: 108259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't think they will seek to remove him via the 25th Amendment. I think he will declare that he will not seek reelection, and then serve out his term, thus avoiding the laughably incompetent Kamala Harris.

And that's another thing I find satisfying about all of this- Harris' humiliation that no one, and I do mean no one, has considered or will consider her for POTUS. She Goddamn well has earned the humiliation, with her aloofness, idiocy and lack of seriousness about her position.

Whether or not Biden drops out, I'm fine either way. If President Two Scoops stays in, he'll get stomped. If the Dems nominate someone else, they can take the stomping. Whatever happens in the next few days, both Biden and Harris are done.

Spot on summary Para.

What a lot of folks don't realize is that invoking the 25th Amend installs Harris as President. No one, not even the Dems, want to see her in the Oval Office. So, the 25th looks to be a non-starter. Plus, I would trust that the Republicans would vote "No", just kick back and say "Nah. We're good."

Another aspect that makes the Democrats misery all the more enjoyable is that they need Harris to cooperate in getting Biden to step down. But, I've read that she's already furious that she's not even being mentioned next to Newsom or Whitmer as a Biden replacement. So, getting her cooperation doesn't seem likely.

Posts: 6476 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I hope biden stays in. Just my preference.

Let that debate get played over and over.

Early voting starts 20 Sep 2024

Posts: 19700 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's lookin' pretty grim for Joe and the bim.

Posts: 108259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Interesting discussion, and you guys are way ahead of the political talking heads... who appear to honestly have just realized Biden has dementia. Biden will not step aside... I do not see that happening. Biden has a very basic, predictable personality and I can almost guarantee that if the decision is truly his own, he'll stay in the race. Regardless, Trump is poised to pull off the greatest political comeback in the history of the Republic. Truly amazing what Trump is doing against all odds and really a testament to the good sense and fairness of the American voters. A last-minute abandonment of Biden does kind of expose the men behind the curtain... very risky move for the cabal.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Somebody 'splained the debate to me:
quote:
Trump was lying, lying, lying. Biden is a nice guy and was trying to figure out how to respond to Trump's lies without getting down in the mud with him, which caused Biden to lose his train of thought. It happens to all of us at times.
Now I understand. Roll Eyes

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30992 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Somebody 'splained the debate to me:
quote:
Trump was lying, lying, lying. Biden is a nice guy and was trying to figure out how to respond to Trump's lies without getting down in the mud with him, which caused Biden to lose his train of thought. It happens to all of us at times.
Now I understand. Roll Eyes

One of my music friends 'splained it to me this way: " Just a thought... Maybe it's a plan. Maybe good guy Biden will be re elected and then he will step down and Kamala will step up? Cuz no way will they elect a black woman for President. I can dream cant I?"

Her previous comment about the debate was she'd vote candidate who speaks the truth with difficulty over the one who clearly enunciates his lies.

TDS is real and lives on.

Posts: 9592 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'd rather Biden stay in, but I take the greatest pleasure- indescribable pleasure- at the downfall of that OBNOXIOUS BASTARD, who has NEVER given the first shit about the American people.
<<snip>>

Totally agree! I couldn't be happier at the way things are going right now for President Depends and the Dems. And the fact that they currently only have Kackling Kunty Kamala to fall back on is beyond hilarious to me!

Posts: 4674 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This is amazing.

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1807421644820070628

NEW: Nancy Pelosi claims ‘healthcare professionals’ say Trump is actually the candidate with dementia before having a senior moment of her own.

This gaslighting is crazy.

During an interview with CNN, Pelosi gaslit the American people before she was seen seizing up, appearing to forget how to talk.

“There are healthcare professionals who think that Trump has dementia. That his connection, his thoughts do not go together.”

“So in any case, it was a bad night. Let's not…” *mental breakdown* “…sugar coat that. It was a bad night. It was a great presidency.”

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30649 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This is amazing.

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1807421644820070628

NEW: Nancy Pelosi claims ‘healthcare professionals’ say Trump is actually the candidate with dementia before having a senior moment of her own.

This gaslighting is crazy.

During an interview with CNN, Pelosi gaslit the American people before she was seen seizing up, appearing to forget how to talk.

“There are healthcare professionals who think that Trump has dementia. That his connection, his thoughts do not go together.”

“So in any case, it was a bad night. Let's not…” *mental breakdown* “…sugar coat that. It was a bad night. It was a great presidency.”

She’s blotto.

If you put a lit wick in her mouth, she’d burn for three days.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31594 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

She’s blotto.

Bwahahahahahahahaha Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15344 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
We are watching corruption devour itself.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11137 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Depends and the Dems

Bought their record when I was young, had a lousy beat, couldn't dance to it, same old tired hook.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44108 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pelosi is drunk isn’t she? I don’t drink and don’t hang with many people who do so I’m not good picking up the signs.

P229

Posts: 3897 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Not familiar with Bill Ackman, but he sounds like he's got the right perspective.

https://x.com/BillAckman/status/1806535000206221817

.@realDonaldTrump is going to win in a landslide. The country should rally around Trump and help him succeed.

Trump didn’t expect to win the first time he was elected. As a result, he was totally unprepared. The lack of preparation, the Russia investigation and the ensuing chaos interfered with his ability to execute.

Now Trump knows he is going to win. So does everyone else. One of my biggest concerns was whether Trump could build a first class team. The good news is that very capable people that I know are excited to work in the new Trump administration. Trump will be able to start recruiting top talent immediately.

Trump will now have time to assemble a first class team. He will be a much better president with the benefit of experience, by surrounding himself with a better team, and without the distractions that interfered with his presidency.

The best thing we can do as citizens is support our next president. We need to align the country around our nation’s leader. We have grave global threats we need to deal with and challenging economic times fast approaching.

The abortion issue has been a critical one for many Americans. Trump’s message tonight on abortion should be comforting to many of these voters.

Trump made clear that he would not challenge the abortion pill and would leave the issue to the states. He also said he approved of abortion in the instance of rape, incest and risk to the mother’s life.

Trump came across as strong and reasonable on the important issues. He didn’t respond to Biden’s attacks.

Let’s bring the country together. Our divisiveness is killing us.

And yes, someone needs to take the Democratic leadership behind the woodshed.

Posts: 6476 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Don’t walk on the sidewalk outside the FBI office building. Lots of people will soon be jumping out of upper story windows.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9189 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

She’s blotto.

Dayum! That is an image I just can’t get out of my mind. I’m not saying that I’d pay to watch that livestream, but . . .

Posts: 6968 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^^
Don’t walk on the sidewalk outside the FBI office building. Lots of people will soon be jumping out of upper story windows.
We should be so lucky.

Posts: 6968 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Bill Ackman was the hedge fund manager that when one of his Harvard buddies told him he should invest in MBIA, a municipal bond insurance company, researched it, decided no way, and shorted the ever loving snot out of it. At one point around the 2007-2008 financial meltdown, he had over $1 billion in shorts against MBIA. He runs Pershing Square and does pretty well with it.

He is also one of the folks who came out very loudly against Harvard’s antisemitism, said no more donations until they cleaned their house up, and encouraged other to follow suit.