SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 980 981 982 983 984 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This says at all. No matter what people say publicly, when they step into the voting booth, they vote for themselves. This election is about many things, but mainly and in the day to day, it's about the economy:

https://x.com/TheStevenCheung/.../1807407385335500943

Posts: 108291 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since there is no statute of limitations on murder, I guess Merrick Garland should bring charges against Obama for murder now, since he doesn't agree with the Supreme Court decision either.

To the best of my understanding, it is legal to waive your rights so long as you understand what your doing.

As such, anybody who doesn't feel they need to be protected by that immunity can voluntarily give it up. Who's willing to sign some waivers?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15783 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
“It’s the economy, stupid”

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29808 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
“It’s the economy, stupid”

More like “It’s the stupid, stupid.”

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31614 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
AFAIK, this is the first time in history we have two presidential candidates each with experience in the White House, and consecutive terms at that. So the voter can directly compare the two presidents. And the question is "was your quality of life better off with one over the other?"

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ and everyone knows the answer. They can change the candidate, but they can't ditch the record. Nor do they want to change the stupid policies.
Which is why the Dems are grasping at straws.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
AFAIK, this is the first time in history we have two presidential candidates each with experience in the White House, and consecutive terms at that. So the voter can directly compare the two presidents. And the question is "was your quality of life better off with one over the other?"

It happened once before, in the election of 1892, when former President Grover Cleveland defeated incumbent Benjamin Harrison. That, like now with Kennedy, featured a somewhat popular third candidate (Weaver), but unlike Kennedy, Weaver had a party's backing and he actually won a few states in the electoral college. Similar to this time, the economic condition was one of the most important factors and the result wasn't really close.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2138 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is an awesome story about President Trump threatening the Taliban leader with death if he hurt an American during our withdrawal that I’ve heard before and likely others have, but it’s worth hearing from Congressman Wesley Hunt who was on Sage Steele’s show.

https://redstate.com/brandon_m...-their-face-n2176275

Posts: 5198 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Yup, we all heard it on the previous page of this thread. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9133 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^Gangster. Wink

Q

Posts: 26898 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, should have gone back a page.

Posts: 5198 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Slightly scary scenario - dump Joe, get Kamala in office for a few months of media suckuppery. I'd hope that a necessary debate would sink her but the dems can exploit her victim credentials during and after a debate.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8424 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the history lesson StarTraveler, didn't think of Grover Cleveland.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Slightly scary scenario - dump Joe, get Kamala in office for a few months of media suckuppery. I'd hope that a necessary debate would sink her but the dems can exploit her victim credentials during and after a debate.

You MIGHT get Joe to resign, but not likely. There is no way the democrats will throw him out because the bad vibes that would cause would definitely sink their presidential candidate.

Posts: 1651 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southern Rebel:

You MIGHT get Joe to resign, but not likely.

Jill isn't resigning, period.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4926 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
What surprises me a bit is how many folks out there (some of whom I once considered to be intelligent, high functioning folks) just take on face value whatever comes out of the station they watch on the boob tube or whatever websites they frequent on the web.
<<snip>>

My in-laws are highly intelligent, well educated folks (FIL is a retired college professor with a Masters in Mathematics from the University of Alabama), and they get ALL of their news from one of the big 3 networks. I have had sooo many "discussions" with them trying to correct the erroneous info they get from the MSM that I have simply given up trying. It is frustrating beyond words...

Posts: 4675 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I think we all know too many people, well educated and not, who have been clueless as to FJB's debilities.

These same people "know" that their political opposition are nazis, stupid and hateful, and need to be eradicated. Uncle Timmy and Aunt June won't be on the front lines but they fully support those doing the dirty work.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8424 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
We will deal w whatever happens and whoever is on the DEM ballot

I hope it is Joe Biden. DEMs are terribly demoralized right now. A new face may give them hope and energy.

but the new face would have a huge amount of ground to cover

it is unclear what games the DEMs could play to get someone besides Harris to have access to the $240 million in Biden "cash on hand"

and note that Kamala Harris would not have access to the funds because she is VP candidate. On the FEC the "office sought" is described as "President", but the "name of the candidate" is both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. So if Biden drops out, and Harris gets moves to the DEM presidential candidate, the paperwork is set up for her to assume control of the money contributed so far.

It is misleading to think the election is 4 months away.

In person early voting starts 20 September 2024 (2.5 mos Away)

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
We will deal w whatever happens and whoever is on the DEM ballot

I hope it is Joe Biden. DEMs are terribly demoralized right now. A new face may give them hope and energy.

but the new face would have a huge amount of ground to cover

it is unclear what games the DEMs could play to get someone besides Harris to have access to the $240 million in Biden "cash on hand"

and note that Kamala Harris would not have access to the funds because she is VP candidate. On the FEC the "office sought" is described as "President", but the "name of the candidate" is both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. So if Biden drops out, and Harris gets moves to the DEM presidential candidate, the paperwork is set up for her to assume control of the money contributed so far.

It is misleading to think the election is 4 months away.

In person early voting starts 20 September 2024 (2.5 mos Away)

and absentee before that

Posts: 2931 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
RCP provides betting odds on who will win the presidency

Harris just moved ahead of biden
Harris 17.5%, biden 9.7%, newsom 5%

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post