SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 ... 979
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I don't think we'll have to worry about Fani coming into court a year from now and trying to use cell phone ping data against a defendant because I expect she won't be a lawyer anymore. Maybe if she's lucky she'll be a manager at White Castle.

If she is friendly enough to get tips she can add to her cash stash. Big Grin

Posts: 12853 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I truly believe that the judge in this case knows exactly how he is going to rule, but wants to cross all of the "Ts" and dot the "i".

Posts: 6648 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
https://www.americanthinker.co...acle_developing.html by Andrea Widburg

In a depressing world, Wayne Allyn Root sees a Trumpian miracle developing

The news is depressing: Our economy is stagnant or failing, our border is broken, our ostensible president is a hard-left, dementia-riddled puppet, the Middle East is aflame, Ukraine sucks up our wealth and military matériels, China is rising, racial schisms fracture our nation, our children are targets of institutionalized sexual predators, and Donald Trump is facing unprecedented civil and criminal lawfare. However, sometimes, things must get really bad for people to react, and this reaction has Wayne Allyn Root seeing something miraculous happening: The nation is consolidating behind Donald Trump.

Root, a former Vegas oddsmaker, is famous for making money off of smart predictions and being a relentless but still pragmatic optimist. In other words, he’s not a mindless Candide who perpetually insists that we’re living in the “best of all possible worlds,” even as everything collapses around us. Instead, he looks at the evidence and, when possible, sees positive outcomes.

And when it comes to Trump’s status as the inevitable Republican candidate, Root is seeing a very positive outcome. After detailing how every powerful institution in America is actively working against Trump, Root argues that Trump is not falling under the pressure of those onslaughts. Instead, he is triumphing:

Yet after all of that, President Trump holds the lead over Joe Biden in virtually every national poll; leads in every battleground state that determines the election; leads among Generation Z (the youngest voters); and in some polls leads among Latino and black males. A recent poll showed Trump leading among Jewish voters in New York state.

Root then closes with two anecdotes (and I know they’re not evidence, but they are compelling) that should cheer you immensely. I urge you to read the essay to put a smile on your face. https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...ething-supernatural/

And now my two cents. What Root is seeing is a trend line. If you ever listen to the brilliant, eclectic Scott Adams, one of the things he says is that one should always watch for trends. If you don’t get hooked on specific data points or statistics but watch the way the wind is consistently blowing, you’ll get a sense of who are the winners and the losers.

It’s not just that blacks and Jews are beginning to turn on Biden. What we’re also witnessing are judges starting to stamp out extremism, whether from the parties before them or, in the case of appellate courts, from activist judges. Judges are political animals (especially leftist judges) and, whether we like it or not, they will respond to political trends. If they see that the nation is consolidating behind Trump, they will not want to put their imprimatur on dubious (at best) court rulings that seek to deny the majority of American people the ability to vote for the presidential candidate of their choice.

Exhibit A may be that the Supreme Court, on Wednesday, said that it would take up Trump’s claim that he is immune from prosecution, throwing a serious wrench in the Democrats’ efforts to take Trump out before the election. Jonathan Turley, a serious legal analyst, explains how helpful this is for Trump:

“The real victory here for Trump deals with the calendar,” Turley told “Special Report” host Bret Baier. “You know, the overriding push of Smith, the special counsel, has been to get a trial before the election. He is running out of runway. If this opinion doesn’t come out until June, perhaps, you have to remember that even if Smith wins, the mandate goes back to the district court, which has to handle all the pre-trial motions. That could take months.”

In practical terms, the Supreme Court is ensuring that the People, not a manifestly biased judicial system, get to say whether Trump should lead this nation. Even hard leftists understand this. The Hollywood types are melting down, while a more astute leftist like Andrew Weissman (who has abused his prosecutorial power against Trump and his supporters) bemoans that the Court “is essentially saying that [Trump] is de facto immune” and that “the DC case is now on life support.”

Meanwhile, in Pennsylvania, the plaintiff in a case accusing Trump and two local GOP poll watchers of defamatory statements regarding election fraud has withdrawn the suit. Maybe it got too expensive. Maybe the evidence showed that truth is a defense. It doesn’t matter. What matters is that the withdrawal reflects a turning tide.

This is why Root is optimistic and why you should be optimistic, too. Of course, optimism doesn’t mean being the hare in Aesop’s fable; that is, assuming victory and ceasing all effort.

Instead, it means working harder than ever to ensure this positive trend continues until it is an unstoppable force. That force means that, in 2024, we elect a president, a Congress, state legislatures, city councils, and school boards that honor the Constitution and laws of the United States, support our true allies and stand up against our real enemies, protect our children, and truly Make America Great Again.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2735 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Nice post and I agree 100% with the trend. Trump has had a very good week. I'm living like the world and our way of life will survive - lots of reasons why it's gonna be spicy but no reason to be a sad sack or dark cloud.

Posts: 4731 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Haha

https://twitter.com/bennyjohns.../1764106478368035227

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30630 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Here in MO we did our part today:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24310 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Now THAT……is a good old fashioned ass kicking!!

ETA:
I have no doubt she will, but Texas had better do its part this coming Tuesday. GET OUT AND VOTE, Texans!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Halley gets the endorsements of Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins. Both Murkowski and Collins voted to impeach Donald Trump in the second trial.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ndorsements-n2636008

Posts: 19690 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Idaho doing its part

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3802 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/TheCalvinC.../1764365767707869535

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30630 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yup, that's about right.

https://twitter.com/TheCalvinC.../1764463155076309162

Haha, good luck in Utah, Nikki.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
NH won the DC primary with a whopping 1,274 votes, that's ~63% of the vote with 99% reporting.

There are >700,000 people that live in DC, and only 2,030 people voted, total. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6257 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow morning at 10 AM should be interesting.

Posts: 1105 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been wrong a million times but I think we all know how this one rolls. This might even be unanimous. Lots of things in todays judicial system seem to be in the fog of stupid/crazy right now. Convicting someone of a crime without an actual trial seems a bridge too far even for Sotomayer and company. If it’s not unanimous I won’t say I’ll be surprised exactly but put me down as disappointed. 9-0 it should be 8-1 maybe.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...measures/ar-BB1jh30Q

Attorney General Merrick Garland appeared alongside Vice President Kamala Harris in Selma, Alabama on Sunday where he pledged to fight voter ID laws and other election integrity measures that he deemed "discriminatory, burdensome, and unnecessary."

Their appearance marked the 59th anniversary of the Bloody Sunday attacks on civil rights marchers in Selma, Alabama.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DEMs sure do fight anything that makes it harder to cheat

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I agree, but I say 7-2.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
Well at least there is some sanity left. Some. Should be unanimous.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Any SC Justice who votes in support of Colorado will be showing what an ultra DEM hack they are.

Hopefully it will be 9 - 0

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
The written opinions of the Justices will be interesting. Perhaps beyond the bounds of the usual judicial restraint.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9183 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
Tomorrow morning at 10 AM should be interesting.

Commie heads will explode today.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16859 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post