SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 ... 924
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of the justices, only liberal Sonia Sotomayor appeared inclined to rule in favor of Colorado, asking at one point whether Trump attorney Jonathan Mitchell was laying the groundwork for the ex-president to flout the constitutional requirement that he only serve up to eight years in office.

Color me NOT Surprised... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8938 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Same. I'd type more, but it would result in a profanity-laced diatribe that would only serve to make me run for the bottle of Metoprolol....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Of the justices, only liberal Sonia Sotomayor appeared inclined to rule in favor of Colorado, asking at one point whether Trump attorney Jonathan Mitchell was laying the groundwork for the ex-president to flout the constitutional requirement that he only serve up to eight years in office.

She makes it sound like that's a bad thing.

Posts: 628 | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Is she really that stupid?
That's not at all what this case is about... Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24160 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Yes?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's not at all what this case is about... Roll Eyes

Meanwhile, it's pretty damn obvious that obama is in his third term. Mad

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38701 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Yes?

The legacy of who Trump put on the court vs. who Obama put on the court...Good Lord.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
The legacy of who Trump put on the court vs. who Obama put on the court...Good Lord.
Well...to be honest, I ain't exactly doing hand springs over Barrett. JMHO and just sayin'.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...tory-speech-n2634847

Trump Takes His Victory Lap in Nevada, but There Was Something Different About This Speech

The theme of the address was revival. Trump plans to spearhead a comeback like no other if elected. In 2016, it was the border wall. In 2024, it’s national reconstruction and a return to normalcy on the world stage. Trump boasted that Vladimir Putin would have never invaded Ukraine, Hamas wouldn’t have invaded Israel, and inflation would have never happened under his watch. The former president harped on his record of stability and peace, noting that no major wars were fought. We defeated ISIS, and the doctrine of peace through strength permeated the Middle East. Trump was able to make the Abraham Accords, a normalization of relations between Arab states and Israel, a reality. Morocco, the United Arab Emirates, Sudan, and Bahrain are all signatories. Expansion of this agreement was halted because Biden is president.

Regarding attacks, it was disciplined. Given the special counsel report on Joe Biden, where it was determined the president had willfully retained classified materials and misplaced them, Trump allowed the news cycle to do his work for him. Biden held a disastrous presser in the White House where he lied about the findings of the report filed by Special Counsel Robert Hur and exploded at the media for questions regarding his memory. Hur noted that the president struggled mightily to remember events like his vice presidency under Obama and the death of his son Beau.

Biden did more damage to himself holding that presser at the White House on Thursday night. If memory was a concern, Biden did himself no favors, especially when he mixed up the presidents of Egypt and Mexico when discussing the Gaza War.

It was a trainwreck that did little to neutralize the ongoing concern from voters about Biden’s mental health. Being concise, composed, and to the point, Trump starkly contrasted the clown show at the White House. Trump has the nomination. It’s now time to shift gears to the general election. With Biden’s age and competency an issue for the 2024 campaign, he allowed Mr. Hur’s report and the Delaware liberal’s angry constitution, in which he berated press members, to do all the talking.

Posts: 19599 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Being concise, composed, and to the point, Trump starkly contrasted the clown show at the White House.

In the last couple of years, Trump has been noticeably more affable, less confrontational in person and social media. Sure, every now and then he launches a pretty good attack on some idiot, but the tone of his rhetoric has overall been more calm and measured.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16719 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Being concise, composed, and to the point, Trump starkly contrasted the clown show at the White House.

In the last couple of years, Trump has been noticeably more affable, less confrontational in person and social media. Sure, every now and then he launches a pretty good attack on some idiot, but the tone of his rhetoric has overall been more calm and measured.

I hope this trend continues, it makes his opponents appear unhinged which is tactically advantageous. No public figure can punch as hard as Trump when needed (one of the things I like about him) but punching too often or at soft targets has proven a vulnerability to his image and degraded his potential for wider appeal.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
at soft targets

Especially.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38701 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well ol' Mr. Insignificant, Christie the phukktard, is still bloviating. This time on The View..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...s-gop-202832891.html

‘The View’: Chris Christie Says GOP Race Was Over After First Debate Normalized Trump as a Convict | Video

Former New Jersey governor Chris Christie knew the GOP race for the party’s presidential nominee was over when the other candidates — excluding him and Asa Hutchinson — voted to support former President Donald Trump in the election, despite his history-making indictments.

The former governor appeared on “The View” Thursday, where the cohosts asked him what he learned from his presidential campaign after he backed out of the competition for the party nomination in January.
<snip>

Nothing like pandering to sworn enemies. Kinda telling when Christie would do better in a Democratic Primary vs. Republican...JMHO. 'CAUSE HE AIN'T A REPUBLICAN!!!!! JSMH...

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Well ol' Mr. Insignificant, Christie the phukktard, is still bloviating. This time on The View..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...s-gop-202832891.html

‘The View’: Chris Christie Says GOP Race Was Over After First Debate Normalized Trump as a Convict | Video

Former New Jersey governor Chris Christie knew the GOP race for the party’s presidential nominee was over when the other candidates — excluding him and Asa Hutchinson — voted to support former President Donald Trump in the election, despite his history-making indictments.

The former governor appeared on “The View” Thursday, where the cohosts asked him what he learned from his presidential campaign after he backed out of the competition for the party nomination in January.
<snip>

Nothing like pandering to sworn enemies. Kinda telling when Christie would do better in a Democratic Primary vs. Republican...JMHO. 'CAUSE HE AIN'T A REPUBLICAN!!!!! JSMH...

Christie Fits in perfectly with the other CU Next Tuesdays on the View

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I think pathetic describes him pretty well.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It’s too bad she couldn’t have ‘resisted’ Big Grin

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ole Fani wanted to be famous.....well she certainly is in the spotlight, and the hot seat!! I hope she is enjoying it, but I some how doubt it.

Posts: 6628 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis failed to take service of a House Judiciary Committee subpoena over email

Subpoena by email?
Can't say I blame her, subpoena's should be hand delivered, IMO.

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whistleblowers Lining up to Testify in Fulton County DA Fani Willis Case

https://www.breitbart.com/2020...da-fani-willis-case/

Posts: 12723 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post