SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 ... 980
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Winsome Earle-Sears

Posts: 5399 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/RedsRepair.../1754636150575104258

Willis homewrecked a marriage
Lied about when the relationship began
Hired the unqualified paramour as a lead prosector
Paid him exorbitant rates
Vacations on the taxpayer dime
Booty calls at a taxpayer-funded hideaway
Then went to a church to say she’s a victim of racism

Is that about right?

Posts: 108250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the above twitter thread.

Posts: 12854 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
https://currently.att.yahoo.co...dvice-162858832.html

Ann Coulter offers brutal advice for Trump: ‘Die’

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter did not mince her words when asked what former president Donald Trump could do to “help us take America back”.

“Maybe he could die?” she wrote on X.

Ms Coulter was previously one of Mr Trump’s most prominent supporters. In 2016, she endorsed the former president and authored a book, In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome!

However, she turned against the former president after accusing him of “betraying” his voters by failing to complete the much-touted wall along the US-Mexico border to stop the flow of undocumented migrants.
<snip>

Huh! Well I guess the irrelevant Ms. Coulter is just trying to make herself significant again. Pffff...she can go suck a big ol' bag of hairy dicks!! FOAD, bitch...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
This perfectly nails the truth about Coulter at 2:22:
NSFW

Posts: 7298 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The list of people whom I wish would die a lengthy, excruciating, painful, horrible, body-mutilating, agonizing death could fill a column or two. But this guy...THIS GUY...is probably in the top 5. I absolutely LOATHE this motherf'er and every molecule of oxygen he's wasting on this planet!!!!!

https://currently.att.yahoo.co...blunt-074822201.html

CBS Censors Stephen Colbert’s Blunt One-Fingered Message To Trump

Stephen Colbert was censored during a gag on “The Late Show” on Monday evening when he delivered a one-fingered salute to Donald Trump.

The former president over the weekend claimed he could flip some blue states in this year’s election, including solidly Democratic New York and New Jersey.

“There is no way on Earth,” Colbert fired back. “Trump is not flipping those states, although I can think of one thing voters from New York and New Jersey would be willing to flip him.”
<snip>

Video in link, IF you can stomach looking at this piece of human excrement!

Another FHATHHRIO.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
And if we haven’t got enough over-exposure from the “Queen of Twits” comes this gem. More at link, should you wish to throw up your breakfast.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ection-new-poll.html

Taylor Swift could sway 2024 election outcome, new poll finds with a FIFTH of voters 'likely' to back candidate endorsed by singer

Eighteen percent of voters say they're 'more likely' or 'significantly more likely' to vote for a candidate endorsed by Taylor Swift

This election will see 8 million new voters in the US electorate - and a total of 41 million Gen Z voters, many of whom are influenced by celebrities

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2736 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ Swift is a 34 year old childless cat lady. I have a 17 year old daughter that is a fan of her music. I had a discussion about how when she is able to vote, she should think about the candidates and make an informed decision. I specifically said that anyone that votes the way a crazy cat lady commands is just dumb. I think I made a point. Now every other parent in our United States needs to have a conversation about the crazy cat lady and thinking for themselves.

Posts: 714 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Stop with the Taylor Swift stuff, please. It's ridiculous and I am sick to death of hearing about this empty-headed bim.

Posts: 108250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Members of Congress and judges have immunity in civil and criminal courts for their official actions. But Trump is not. This is going to SCOTUS.
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ng-to-supreme-court/

quote:
A liberal federal appeals court ruled on Tuesday that former President Donald Trump does not have immunity from being prosecuted for alleged crimes committed while in office.

In response, the Trump campaign vowed to appeal the decision to the Supreme Court and said the current prosecution, led by Special Counsel Jack Smith, “threatens the bedrock of our Republic.”

“If immunity is not granted to a President, every future President who leaves office will be immediately indicted by the opposing party. Without complete immunity, a President of the United States would not be able to properly function!” said Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung.

And here are the three judges who determined this:

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16859 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ary-contest-n2634824

Nikki Haley will win the Nevada primary, but it doesn’t matter. No delegates will be awarded because the first contest in the West is a multi-layered mess. The primary is tonight, while the old caucus system, in which delegates will be allocated for the Republicans, will be held on Thursday. Polls will close at 7 PM local time, 10 PM EST. Haley is on tonight’s ballot, along with Tim Scott and Mike Pence, both of which have dropped out of the race—Scott has endorsed Trump.

A caucus was seen as being beneficial to former President Donald J. Trump, so state party officials — who were aggressively lobbied by the Trump campaign — decided to hold a caucus anyway. The caucus, not the primary, is what will determine which Republican candidate wins Nevada’s delegates .

Nikki Haley, the last remaining significant challenger to Mr. Trump, opted to run in the primary, not the caucus.

Posts: 19695 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Yet doofus will claim a HUGE victory at some ridiculous post-election party and make a total ass out of herself. Which suits me fine. She will win the scrimmage game. Big effing woop..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley suffered a major embarrassment in Nevada on Tuesday, finishing far behind “none of these candidates” in a presidential primary in which Donald Trump didn’t even compete.

Haley’s second-place finish to the disembodied alternative on the Nevada ballot came in an otherwise no-stakes primary that will not award delegates to the Republican Party’s presidential nominating convention. Trump is expected to romp in the contest that will award delegates, the party-run caucus later this week.

For Haley’s allies, Tuesday’s setback — she has not yet won a single state in the presidential primary — was already the subject of heavy pre-spinning. Some Trump loyalists in the state had actively encouraged his supporters to mark “none of these candidates” to protest her.

https://www.politico.com/news/...o-delegates-00140036

posted Hide Post
I keep thinking "why is Trump even participating in this election if he's already the sitting president and no meaningful changes were made to stop a repeat of 2020?" Obviously Trump has a plan here to account for a rigged result or else he wouldn't be playing along and running in a predetermined election. I'm looking forward to watching him pull this off.

Posts: 637 | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Fani’s inner circle is now throwing her under the bus…

https://revolver.news/2024/02/...s-her-under-the-bus/

New details alleged against Fulton County DA Fani Willis-

Witnesses will testify she “cohabitated” with Nathan Wade (despite her denials) at her home

The relationship began in 2019 – 3 years before Willis/Wade says it began, and before Wade’s 2021 appointment

“Witnesses will testify” that DA Willis and Wade cohabitated at an AirBNB “that was paid for by tax payer money”

The “safe house” was also a romantic getaway!

More at link

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
My oh my.....how the house of cards seems to tumble with just a WISP of wind. Cue Seinfeld meme, "That's a shame." Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Nikki Haley suffered a major embarrassment in Nevada on Tuesday, finishing far behind “none of these candidates” in a presidential primary in which Donald Trump didn’t even compete.

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
2/5/24

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7665 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Miss Fani really really does not want to testify

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trum...a/story?id=107033645

Willis, addressing the congregation last month at the Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church during a service to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day, said, "I appointed three special counselors. It's my right to do. Paid them all the same hourly rate." Of the three, Willis said, "I hired one Black man."

"They only attack one," she said. "Isn't it them playing the race card when they only question one?"

Trump's filing claims Willis' conduct in making those comments "was indeed egregious" and "undeniably unethical."

The filing from Trump's attorney also appeared to reference the recent subpoena sent to Willis for her to testify at the upcoming Feb. 15 evidentiary hearing on the matter, saying he can "only hope" that at the hearing "the DA will be required to explain" the church comments "in testimony under oath," and "who else she could have been referring to in them."

Willis, in her filing last week, asked Fulton County Judge Scott McAfee to effectively cancel the Feb. 15 hearing, claiming that "no further factual development is necessary."

On Wednesday, she filed additional motions seeking to quash subpoenas that had been issued to her, Wade, and seven other members of her office.

She argued in her filing that there is "no factual basis" that "could reasonably justify requiring" her and a number of her employees to become witnesses in the case, and accused election case defendant Michael Roman, who issued the subpoenas, of "an attempt to conduct discovery in a (rather belated) effort to support reckless accusations."

The filing further claims that the investigators in her office who were subpoenaed have "no knowledge at all" of the issues raised in Roman's motion alleging misconduct.

The filing also seeks to quash a subpoena to Wade's former law partner, who representing him in his divorce proceeding, arguing that he is protected by attorney-client privilege.

It also seeks to quash a subpoena to Synovus Bank for Wade's financial records, saying that Roman "cannot possibly justify such a fishing expedition."

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23046 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supreme Court justices indicate they'll keep Trump on 2024 ballot in landmark case

https://nypost.com/2024/02/08/...over-capitol-attack/

A clear majority of the Supreme Court’s nine justices signaled Thursday that they would overturn a Colorado ruling barring former President Donald Trump from the state’s Republican presidential primary ballot.

The former president, 77, and his lawyers were appealing the Dec. 19 decision by Colorado’s Supreme Court that found Trump ineligible for the March 5 GOP contest by virtue of violating the Constitution’s so-called “Insurrection Clause” during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

Trump’s team argued separately that Congress — not the states — was tasked with enforcing the clause, that the provision did not apply to the office of president, and that the 45th president did not engage in an insurrection when hundreds of his allies stormed the Capitol and disrupted the certification of Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory.

The congressional supremacy argument found the most favor with the court, as Chief Justice John Roberts fretted during oral arguments that upholding the Colorado ruling would open the door to red and blue states removing politicians of opposing parties from the ballot on a whim.

“It’ll come down to just a handful of states that are going to decide the presidential election. That’s a pretty daunting consequence,” Roberts said.

“Your Honor, the fact that there are potential frivolous applications of a constitutional provision isn’t a reason,” argued attorney Jason Murray, representing a group of Colorado voters who sought to remove Trump from the ballot.

“The question you have to confront,” liberal Justice Elena Kagan told Murray at another point in his argument, “is why a single state should decide who gets to be president of the United States.”

Conservative Justice Samuel Alito asked Murray about a hypothetical in which candidates for “diplomatic reasons think that it’s in the best interests of the” US to send funds to a foreign nation that describes Washington as “its biggest enemy” — a clear reference to the Obama-Biden policy toward Iran.

“Could a state determine that that person has given aid and comfort to the enemy, and therefore keep that person off the ballot?” Alito asked.

Murray contended that a state could not because the Constitution’s language defining treason is precise.

Of the justices, only liberal Sonia Sotomayor appeared inclined to rule in favor of Colorado, asking at one point whether Trump attorney Jonathan Mitchell was laying the groundwork for the ex-president to flout the constitutional requirement that he only serve up to eight years in office.

“Are you setting it up so that if some President runs for a third term, that a state can’t disqualify him from the ballot?” asked the Bronx-born jurist.

“Of course, they can disqualify him from the ballot because that is a qualification that is categorical, it’s not defusable by Congress,” Mitchell responded.

more at link