SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 ... 1142
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of a link to a list of all the "lies" Trump has said, that have later proven to have been true?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7259 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.newsmax.com/newsma...dkt_nbr=0105029n4mgi

Toensing to Newsmax: Trump's $100M DOJ Lawsuit a 'Very Good Case'

Victoria Toensing says former President Donald Trump's $100 million lawsuit against the DOJ, alleging that the FBI's 2022 raid on his Mar-a-Lago estate was unconstitutional and resulted in a "lawless criminal indictment," is a "very good case."

Former President Donald Trump is set to sue the Department of Justice (DOJ) for $100 million in damages following the FBI's August 2022 raid on his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. This move comes as Trump and his legal team argue that the raid, which led to a criminal indictment, was both unconstitutional and politically motivated, Business Insider reported.

Toensing, a former chief counsel for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, discussed the potential legal case in an interview with Newsmax's "American Agenda." She emphasized that Trump's lawsuit is grounded in accusations of "malicious prosecution" and "abuse of process."

"Oh, yes. [It is] a very good case, and usually, malicious prosecution does not work, but here you've got so many facts," Toensing said. She further explained that the lawsuit is a civil tort that Trump could only pursue after the dismissal of the criminal case, which she believes was politically charged.

Toensing pointed out specific actions by special counsel Jack Smith, who led the investigation that resulted in the Mar-a-Lago raid. According to her, Smith's decision to push for a swift resolution before the upcoming election was problematic.

"Let me just start with Jack Smith's own words, telling both courts, D.C. and the Miami, 'Hey, we have to hurry and get this done before the election so the voters can decide," she said.

"Back in my day at the department [DOJ]," she added, "you weren't supposed to talk about anything political. Nothing was supposed to be political about a criminal prosecution."

"Jack Smith used the D.C. grand jury when he should have used the Miami grand jury, which is where the indictment was put out. But he used the D.C. grand jury because the chief judge there, Beryl Howell, was an anti-Trump person and, in fact, did anything Jack Smith wanted, including taking away the attorney-client privilege and forcing one of Trump's lawyers to testify against him," she said.

The lawsuit centers on the claim that Trump's possession of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago should have been addressed under the Presidential Records Act rather than through a criminal indictment. "This case should have been settled civilly," Toensing argued, questioning the legitimacy of charging Trump under the Espionage Act. She pointed out that as a former president, Trump had authorization to handle the classified materials in question.

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39218 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Does anyone know of a link to a list of all the "lies" Trump has said, that have later proven to have been true?

When lies like these are claimed, and other terms like racist, and even this: "comprehensive reform", I want a detailed explanation of what they mean. With facts.

They won't because they can't

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6400 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
chellim1, thanks for posting the "condensed" version!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39218 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Babalyonbee.com: Shot That Took Out Trump Assassin Reclassified As Friendly Fire

U.S. · Aug 12, 2024 ·
BabylonBee.com

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a new twist in the ongoing investigation into the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump, the United States Secret Service announced that the shot that took out the assassin had been reclassified as "friendly fire."

Thomas Matthew Crooks fired multiple shots from a rooftop near a Trump rally in Pennsylvania, killing one attendee and wounding Trump and others. Crooks was then shot by a Secret Service counter-sniper in the agency's first officially recorded instance of friendly fire in its history.

"This was simply an unintended tragedy," said Acting Director of the Secret Service Ronald L. Rowe, Jr. "It's entirely different from the intended tragedy, and for that, we continue to grieve. Thomas Matthew Crooks, who trained at a shooting range alongside many federal agents, had his life cut terribly short. We will continue to work hard to address any errors that led to this terrible instance of friendly fire."

When reached for comment, the sniper who took the shot that killed Crooks denied having any knowledge that he was firing on one of the government's own. "I had no clue he was one of our brothers," the sniper said. "It was a horrible case of miscommunication and mistaken identity. I would have been a lot more careful if I had known he was one of the guys."

At publishing time, a Secret Service spokesperson revealed agents would begin wearing armbands bearing Crooks's initials to memorialize their fallen comrade.

Ow.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31986 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, they're gonna hear about that one. But I like it.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (FL-13)...Make America Great Again! Razz

https://x.com/mattgaetz/status/1823763607701659808

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
EU warns Musk against promoting hate speech on X ahead of Trump interview

Evidently, the EU President has said the letter was not approved by the. EU Commission.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31986 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
8/12/24

Joe's segment starts at 05:30

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/leslibless/status/1823752486555148476

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
That’s who I want as my CinC

Posts: 53776 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44444 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We had moved to the Bay Area in 2017, after Trump won the election. Nick was 15 or 16 when he said that he liked Trump. I can understand how Trump appealed to a childish sensibility: he’s this clownish figure who does whatever he wants.

I also know that when you come of age, you want to reject your parents’ beliefs. My father was a Reagan Republican who was really old school, values wise. A lot of my political development was a rejection of his values, so I wonder now how much of Nick’s fascination with Maga is a reaction against the way I brought him up.

I’ve never been a macho kind of man. To me, our biggest responsibility as humans is to look after each other. Men have been given places of privilege in society, so when people talk about being a man, to me that means: what do you use your privilege for? I worked at a pirate radio station in Houston, and we helped with emergency efforts during Tropical Storm Allison in 2001. For me, manhood is all about using your energy to make life better for the person next to you.

But I think that Trump appeals to a perceived loss of masculine power: by his logic, because we’re treating LGBTQ+ people like humans, some men feel a loss over that, as their outrageous privilege has diminished somewhat, at least on surface level. Nick was vulnerable to that because he was becoming a man. I think he also naively thought, well, Trump’s a powerful person running for president; he can’t just get up there and spew bullshit.

I've seen this person all about the SF Bay Area. Their son tolerates them, they are his parents after all but, is embarrassed by their life choices. He's seen the hypocrisy and innane discussions they've had at the dinner table and amongst their friends, no surprise that they divorced. No doubt both parents believed themselves to be principled and uncompromising, to the point of refusing to accommodate and live with each other. The pretzel-twisting, moralizing that these people tell themselves is pathetic, the wheels to his life is falling apart and he's unable to grasp that perhaps its him; he lost his wife and the estrangement of his son continues to widen. His son will get married one day, and the father of the groom will be the weird-one.

Posts: 15054 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This will probably get buried in this thread tonight, but I got a kick out of it.

My son was struggling – then he fell for Trump’s toxic brand of ‘masculinity’. I’m heartbroken

{snip}

Thanks, I enjoyed it too.
Nice to hear that some people raised with leftist indoctrinated can figure it out anyway. Cool

Posts: 23190 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Is that actually a real person who wrote that or is it a caricature of a feminized leftist soy boy?

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Is that actually a real person who wrote that or is it a caricature of a feminized leftist soy boy?

Your opponent in the CW

Posts: 5530 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24209 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Now that was good

Posts: 53776 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Secret Service strikes again:

What the actual fuck. DEI agent let relatives through security with her kid?

https://x.com/susancrabtree/st.../1824059727766290534

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
My opinion of the professionalism and competence of the USSS continues to decline. . .

President Trump will have a big task ahead of him clearing house starting next year.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post