SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
The only problem is that the AI narrative is complete bullshit.

Then why is that crowd not visible in the reflection of the plane where you can clearly see the hangers in the background. What happened to the plane's tail number? Did they edit it out in this real video for some reason?

Analyzing the reflection isn't a definitive marker for me either way, but the tail number missing I admit is very odd.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
As somebody else I saw commenting on this earlier pointed out, there are clearly a ton of "people" in those images/videos with their phones out.

Where are all of those videos showing the crowds?

Crowd size means nothing to me but for this fact. When somebody gets tens of millions of votes but only gets a few people showing up at rallies that's suspect. It's much easier to blow off claims of voter fraud when you have thousands showing up at your rallies. Fake rally attendees to justify fake votes?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Analyzing the reflection isn't a definitive marker for me either way, but the tail number missing I admit is very odd.
So I looked that one up, I'm not sure why it's not on the plane, but it also wasn't there when JD approached the plane in PA either. It's been removed or painted over for some reason.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
So I looked that one up, I'm not sure why it's not on the plane, but it also wasn't there when JD approached the plane in PA either. It's been removed or painted over for some reason.

I'm guessing it's an OPSEC thing

Found this article:

Last year, the Air Force began removing the tail numbers from its transport aircraft

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
He's back, and I think he's going to stay for awhile Cool

https://x.com/realDonaldTrump/.../1823034723867713700

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, there's a slight difference in this reporting, but I just can't quite place it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
He's back, and I think he's going to stay for awhile Cool

Yeah, Twitter can help him.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Hmmm, there's a slight difference in this reporting, but I just can't quite place it.

Yep.
Talking out both sides of their ass.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EU warns Musk against promoting hate speech on X ahead of Trump interview

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

The European Union (EU) warned X owner Elon Musk on Monday against promoting or engaging in hateful content on his social media platform ahead of a planned interview with former President Donald Trump.

Trump announced the interview, which will air on X on Monday night, last week. Musk recently endorsed Trump for president, and said the interview will be “unscripted with no limits on subject matter.”

EU Commissioner for Internal Market Thierry Breton reminded Musk that X is subject to the EU's Digital Services Act, which attempts to regulate illegal content and disinformation posted online. The EU already charged the platform millions of euros last month for failing to obey the union's laws.

“As the relevant content is accessible to EU users and being amplified also in our jurisdiction, we cannot exclude potential spillovers in the EU,” Breton said in a statement posted to X. “Let me clarify that any negative effect of illegal content on X in the EU … may be relevant in the context of the ongoing proceedings and of the overall assessment of X’s compliance with EU law."

Musk responded with a profanity-laced meme that told Breton to "Take a big step back and literally, f*** your own face."

The Trump campaign also responded to the EU's warning, claiming it should "mind [its] own business instead of trying to meddle in the U.S. Presidential election."

"Only in Joe Biden and Kamala Harris' America can an un-Democratic foreign organization feel emboldened enough to tell this country what to do," Trump's communications director Steven Cheung said in a statement. "They know that a President Trump victory means America will no longer be ripped off because he will smartly utilize tariffs and renegotiated trade deals that puts America First. Let us be very clear: the European Union is an enemy of free speech and has no authority of any kind to dictate how we campaign."

The interview is expected to take place on X at 8 p.m. Eastern.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/realDonaldTrump/.../1823035759655264697

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9435 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If they were interested in the truth being known, they wouldn't interfere.

“Let her [Truth] and Falsehood grapple; who ever knew Truth put to the worse in a free and open encounter?” - John Milton

But, of course, their concern is not that the truth might be trampled, but rather, they are deathly afraid that the truth might be heard, so they seek to suppress any thoughts and ideas of which they do not approve and which they cannot control.

We fought WWII but the fascists never really left Europe.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
EU warns Musk against promoting hate speech on X ahead of Trump interview…

I predict a hissy fit of historic proportions (almost like the one in July of 1776) will impact Brussels and London around 0000:00.0000000000001 GMT on 13 August 2024.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
State run media "reporter" wants FJB administration to stop Musk interview with Trump. Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1823068701240758626

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Musk responded with a profanity-laced meme that told Breton to "Take a big step back and literally, f*** your own face."

This is why I signed up to join Twitter, my only "social media" account ever.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1823076043017630114

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This will probably get buried in this thread tonight, but I got a kick out of it.

My son was struggling – then he fell for Trump’s toxic brand of ‘masculinity’. I’m heartbroken

I didn’t get a call from my son on Father’s Day this year. Our political disagreements have made things hard.

I’m a 59-year-old progressive and a special education teacher, and I’m voting for Kamala Harris in November. Nick* is 21, and he would say that he holds traditional, conservative values – but he’s conflating those values with radical Maga ideas, which correlate the right with patriotism, manhood, intelligence, independence and honesty. I understand where my son’s vulnerabilities came from, and why this rightwing posturing was able to seep into him. I understand it, but I still regret it.

Nick’s mom and I wanted to teach our son that democracy is an active sport. You don’t just sit back and watch. We lived in Houston, in the belly of the petrochemical beast, and I remember going to a demonstration against Halliburton, the Iraq war, and Dick Cheney’s role in the company. Groups brought puppets – it was almost like street theater – and we rolled Nick along in his stroller. That was the community we were plugged into: artists, musicians, teachers, writers. That’s how Nick came up.

Nick was a sweet kid. He was really quiet. He’s on the upper end of the autism spectrum, so he can have difficulty interpreting social cues. All he wanted to do was follow whatever the big kids were doing.

Nick never found a person that he could really link or vibe with. He loves animals, though. We let him get a dog when he was young, and that allowed him to be more than a follower. He was all about serving the dog’s interest. I’ve seen Nick’s heart melt – he can’t tolerate cruelty to animals or people who are vulnerable, which feels ironic, given his politics now.

Some of the older guys at school who Nick was trying to emulate were really into building computers, hacking and the dark web. He got online as a teen, joined some far-right message boards, and I think that’s where he got massaged into these rightwing positions. He started echoing those points, and then he got praise from whatever knuckleheads posted that crap – it became a spiral. Nick was kind of lost, but on the internet, he was able to be a different person, to have more confidence and show off how bright he is.

We had moved to the Bay Area in 2017, after Trump won the election. Nick was 15 or 16 when he said that he liked Trump. I can understand how Trump appealed to a childish sensibility: he’s this clownish figure who does whatever he wants.

I also know that when you come of age, you want to reject your parents’ beliefs. My father was a Reagan Republican who was really old school, values wise. A lot of my political development was a rejection of his values, so I wonder now how much of Nick’s fascination with Maga is a reaction against the way I brought him up.

I’ve never been a macho kind of man. To me, our biggest responsibility as humans is to look after each other. Men have been given places of privilege in society, so when people talk about being a man, to me that means: what do you use your privilege for? I worked at a pirate radio station in Houston, and we helped with emergency efforts during Tropical Storm Allison in 2001. For me, manhood is all about using your energy to make life better for the person next to you.

But I think that Trump appeals to a perceived loss of masculine power: by his logic, because we’re treating LGBTQ+ people like humans, some men feel a loss over that, as their outrageous privilege has diminished somewhat, at least on surface level. Nick was vulnerable to that because he was becoming a man. I think he also naively thought, well, Trump’s a powerful person running for president; he can’t just get up there and spew bullshit.

Nick and I would get into arguments at the dinner table over things like immigration. He would say that there’s this invasion of people coming across the border, but I could usually move him when I got into the emotional, human thing. When I showed him photos of families being separated from their babies because of the Trump administration, he couldn’t tolerate that. Sometimes he might say, “Oh, that’s a doctored photo,” but I could see on his face that the photos had an effect.

It wasn’t enough. Nick posted a meme on some site – I don’t remember which one – of an orangutan riding a bicycle. It had some horribly racist caption relating Black women to monkeys. The other kids at school saw it and were rightly offended. When I spoke to Nick about it, he asked why it was racist. I said: “It’s because you’re depicting a human being as an animal, depriving them of their humanity.” I’m an educator, and my role is not to tell kids what to think, but to show them how to think. I felt this sense of failure. How is it that I have a son who was so incapable of critical thinking that he says he didn’t see anything racist in that meme?

My wife and I divorced in 2020, and Nick lived with me for six months in California after that, but he later went back to live with her in Houston, so I saw and heard less from him. I no longer have the same influence over him. I can’t be there to talk about the human cost of Trump’s policies, which might change his mind.

Nick started hanging out with guys in Houston who shared his beliefs or had even more radical ones. They started talking about what makes a man. They said men have to be strong, so Nick bought a bike and rides it around every day. That’s a healthy habit. But they also say things like “men smoke”, so now he does that too.

They introduced Nick to guns and started taking him to the shooting range. On his 21st birthday, his mother and I sent him money, thinking he’d spend it on a computer or something, but he went out and bought a gun. He didn’t tell either of us, because he knows how we feel about them.

One of his rightwing friends is really wealthy. It’s nice to have a friend who takes you out to dinner, but it also means Nick hears all this stuff about how people who aren’t rich are basically parasites. And he doesn’t want to listen to his mom or me, because I’ve been a teacher my whole life and we always scrimped by, so he thinks we’re lazy, stupid hippies. Why would he listen to anything we say, when his friend’s parents have a Mercedes in the driveway and live in a million-dollar house?

Nick has a girlfriend now, who he met online in one of his rightwing forums. My ex says that she’s a perfectly lovely girl and isn’t some sort of Marjorie Taylor Greene type, just a country Catholic kid. She’s also Latina, so his feelings on immigration have softened after he spent time with her family. He’s got something at stake now.

When Nick and I talk these days, it’s mostly over text. We barely speak on the phone. I hope that I’ll reach an economic status where I can fly to Texas more often. I just want to be physically present with him. If there’s a conversation going on, even if he’s just telling me to fuck off or calling me a libtard, that’s something I can work with. Even if we argue, I can always tell him that I love him.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ It's a shame the youngster saw the light of truth, while his old man is permanently brainwashed.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1823152153445404990

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I have a twitter acct but not good at navigating it.
Would someone post a link to the Trump/Elon talk if possible.

Posts: 18139 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I doubt you'll be able to join the actual X Space but you can watch someone's feed like this. DDOS attack pushed the start time back to 8:30 Eastern.

Link

Posts: 1097 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post