SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 ... 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Trump shouldn't be wasting time on Kemp right now. He's got the endorsement and his campaign staff can work on things behind the scenes. There are bigger fish to fry, and arm twisting Kamala into as many debates as he can manage should be job number one. The more people get to see and hear of her, the worse things will go for her campaign. Harris is nails on chalkboard unlikeable, and no amount of media gaslighting can fix that when she's on the debate stage.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ I agree....
quote:
The more people get to see and hear of her, the worse things will go for her campaign. Harris is nails on chalkboard unlikeable

That's why she's trying to do as little as possible, stay scripted, and run out the clock.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Trump and Vance need to keep hitting hard on the economy, illegals those are key issues with voters, nobody cares if she's really black or Indian, Jamaican or her sex life.

Harris campaign is going to Biden this, keep her hidden, keep her talking on script, and wait for any personal attacks from Trump/Vance to jump on, anything to push focus off of their lack of policy.

Posts: 24230 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Trump and Vance need to keep hitting hard on the economy, illegals....

There are four issues:

1. The economy.

2. The 12 million+ foreign criminal invaders who entered the US under false pretenses who are now sucking our social safety net dry while engaging in organized criminal activity.

3. Government overreach. Defend the decision ending Chevron deference; make Congress write the laws, not unelected bureaucrats.

4. Federal spending. We are $35T in debt, spending more than a trillion a year on interest of the debt alone. That is the beginning of a fiscal death spiral.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
The D's have nothing that interest me as a conservative and have not tossed out any useful thoughts... Unencumbered or not Big Grin

Trump and company needs to stay chill, IMO, and to quit obsessing so much on Cackle head and the past and pound out actual solutions for going forward.

Is it just me or is this the first time so much attention has been focused on the vice president candidates?

Trump had no experience last time in office which likely consumed much of his time ramping up. I don't think he cleaned house nearly well enough, leaving swamp critters to close and involved in his efforts. Hopefully this time he is ready to hit the ground running!

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I agree that Trump needs to focus on the issues and not muddy the waters with personal attacks. He needs to get back to the tone and content of the magnificent convention speech.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with Trump going after Harris as far as her always shifting ethnicity- similar to Walz's stolen valor, shows that she lies and deceives to advance her career. I have known about Harris since her early days as an assistant DA in SF, and she has shape-shifted her background repeatedly and should be called out for it. As far as her "sex life" she was mistress to Willie Brown, at the time the most powerful politician in CA and gained high paying positions on state boards and commissions due to her affair, including her first stint as assistant DA in SF under Terence Hallinan, arranged by Brown. Hammering her on her past as well as past record in CA and the WH is all fair game, just as Walz's past military background.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
That's why she's trying to do as little as possible, stay scripted, and run out the clock.

Yep, Basement 2.0.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Well looks like she has been working hard learning her lines to “stay scripted”.

Check out Jesse Watter’s take on this side by side of two campaign events…

https://x.com/RedWave_Press/st...ing-herself-n2177924

Don’t know how to embed the tweet…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11220 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Any news on the nature of the mechanical issue that caused Trump to divert and land

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
https://x.com/RedWave_Press/st...ing-herself-n2177924

Don’t know how to embed the tweet…

https://x.com/i/status/1821884852880159182

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:
What I don't understand is why one of the locals, maybe the guys going up to the roof crack off a couple rounds into the dirt. That certainly would have helped SS to get him down.

He definitely screwed up. Fortunately we got lucky, and hopefully the officer learned and will not make that mistake again.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Trump and Vance need to keep hitting hard on the economy, illegals....

There are four issues:

1. The economy.

2. The 12 million+ foreign criminal invaders who entered the US under false pretenses who are now sucking our social safety net dry while engaging in organized criminal activity.

3. Government overreach. Defend the decision ending Chevron deference; make Congress write the laws, not unelected bureaucrats.

4. Federal spending. We are $35T in debt, spending more than a trillion a year on interest of the debt alone. That is the beginning of a fiscal death spiral.

I think the absolute failure with regard to foreign affairs should be on the list as well. I don't think Ukraine would have happened if it hadn't been for both Biden and Harris insisting the Ukraine become a member of NATO, and Trump would have known better. And, the HAMAS attack of October 7th? Again - no way that would have happened if Trump had been in office.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
And even if it had, we'd still be hundreds of billions of $$ ahead by not throwing them at Ukraine.

Posts: 3685 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Jeff does a good job on the time line of the shooting with a sound track of the shots fired.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
So much horseshit.

The most likely and truthful reality is that the SS (Secret Service) was degraded by DEI and "Woke" bullshit.

The lack of effective comms and integration with SS, Sheriff, local Police and "SWAT" type left a great deal of "holes" in the "swiss Cheese" model of "shit that goes badly". The ad the "DHS people augmenting the SS Detail, with lack of training, understanding of mission, and capability to perform as required when the SHTF.

And the fact that there was a "culture" of "Orange Man Bad/Trump Derangement Syndrome" affecting some people involved and their lack of professional and disciplined duty to rise above that mindset and do their fucking job, all (and more) led to the "perfect storm".

Crooks was a product of "wokeness", all the various communist/liberal/progressive garbage he was fed all hos life.
Weak parents who failed to nurture and raise a child to adulthood, in a meaningful manner.

A societal culture that sees any and all means of violence or anarchy to get what one thinks/believes is well and good in their own eyes no matter how abhorrent the actions.

So, it is not some "vast and deep conspiracy", but rather what the fuck actually happens when stupid fucking people who have no business being put in the position of power, leadership, and all that which ends up in a burning heap on the side of the road.

I saw a great deal of this in the military, and in the years after in various corporate entities where I was in executive role.

But the mundane bullshit of everyday malfeasance and other manifestation of selfish and evil peoples agenda and their "goals" that lead to failure, destruction and what not, is not as "sexy" and "desirable" as the salacious "conspiracy".

Walk past the real and present reality of people committing obvious crimes and treachery, and reach for the outlandish "what if".

But realize that the time and effort wasted, only permits the obvious evil to proceed without opposition while people endeavor to satisfy some personal goal of being relevant in a moment without merit after the fact.

The "conspiracy" path is nothing more than a lazy choice to hitch one's wagon and ride on without putting real and meaningful effort into the future.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
These conspiracy theorists will ride this dead horse like they did with the JFK horse until said horse is deader and deader and so on and so on and so on....

Q

posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that one of the techniques three letter agencies use to quell political movements is called "filibustering." They put out propaganda and incorrect information that is used to distract any real independent investigation and obfuscate real gaps in their narratives. People then chase their tails until they are burned out and exhausted into complacency.

Any folks who depart from the narrative then get smeared as conspiracy theorists, and examples of said fake BS are utilized to wrap-up smear anyone who falls out of line.

The multiple shooter story and sound analysis rabbit holes seem like prime examples of this phenomenon.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
That was an excellent essay, monkey. I'm a firm believer in Hanlon's Razer ("Never attribute to malice that which is adequately
explained by stupidity").

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
That was an excellent essay, monkey. I'm a firm believer in Hanlon's Razer ("Never attribute to malice that which is adequately
explained by stupidity").

And the Roberts corollary is ‘Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice.’

Hanlon was both right and wrong

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post