SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Conversely, it'll be interesting to see how DeSantis supports President Trump.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:

quote:
There's always 2 sides to every story.

Here is a little bit of the other side.
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36205223
A lot of the Republican party didnt support Trump!

They still don't, my brother who worked on various R party offices can't stand Trump, hates him, thinks he is exactly what all the media outlets portray him as and that he'll be convicted for the documents he held in his FL home, wants him gone.
This is the part of the party that are DeSantis allies, imho not as much pro DeSantis as they are anti-Trump.

As much as the man is supported here, and in the rallies he is also hated by many for his persona, and brash commentary.

Love to see him find a way to bridge the divide, for many it's just not possible.

If he could find a way to do so he'd win with 100 million votes.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
As much as the man is supported here, and in the rallies he is also hated by many for his persona, and brash commentary.
Yup...I really hated to see otherwise Conservative talk show hosts (pointing at Mike Gallagher, Michael Medved, Hugh Hewitt, et. al.) in the 2016 election really pour on the disdain and pure hatred for Donald Trump. I was pretty much over Medved at the time and his actions sealed the deal that I would never listen to the tripe that comes outta his mouth ever again. I was sorely disappointed in others, though...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

"4 May 2016

If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed... and we will deserve it," South Carolina Senator Lindsay Graham said on Tuesday ..."

Big Grin

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

"4 May 2016

If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed... and we will deserve it," South Carolina Senator Lindsay Graham said on Tuesday ..."

Big Grin

If Trump wins the nomination you can bet that Graham will flip so fast it’ll make the earth wobble on its axis. Roll Eyes

Yes, I saw this is a 2016 quote. It’ll repeat itself in 2024.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Lindsey Graham is on good terms with Trump, he has wholeheartedly endorsed his 2024 candidacy. He said this earlier this year- "I know the downside of Trump, but let me tell you about the upside of Trump: there are no Trump policies without Trump"

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's the very same shit they're saying now, and all the while, they are destroying this nation.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the ongoing destruction of this nation.

Trump says he’s been told he’s ‘target’ of DOJ’s Capitol riot probe

WASHINGTON — Former President Donald Trump revealed Tuesday that his attorneys had informed him he is a target of special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation into the events surrounding the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot — and that he is prepared for “an Arrest and Indictment” in the case.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/18/...yp&utm_medium=social

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
7/17/23

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:

"4 May 2016

Big Grin

If Trump wins the nomination you can bet that Graham will flip so fast it’ll make the earth wobble on its axis. Roll Eyes

Yes, I saw this is a 2016 quote. It’ll repeat itself in 2024.

Leemur, wasn't criticizing your post, was gloating at Graham being so wrong a few months before the election. He makes me larf. He flips faster than a silver carp on a boat deck.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Speaking of the ongoing destruction of this nation.

Trump says he’s been told he’s ‘target’ of DOJ’s Capitol riot probe

WASHINGTON — Former President Donald Trump revealed Tuesday that his attorneys had informed him he is a target of special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation into the events surrounding the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot — and that he is prepared for “an Arrest and Indictment” in the case.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/18/...yp&utm_medium=social
Sure seems like every time the US House committees interview whistle-blowers, Trump gets charged with something to divert the news cycle. It gives the msm something else to talk about.

If they'd just quit interviewing people, Trump would have a whole lot less problems. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I'd let my decades-long subscription to National Review expire a long time ago, because I just wasn't having any fun reading it.

I DID keep this one issue, February 15, 2016 because I figured it'd be a collector's item some day:

Did a netsearch with keywords 'National Review' and 'Trump' just before this post, to see what they've been up to recently. Wow, even more virulent than back in 2016.

I wish I could've seen those priggish fucker's faces the day of/after the 2016 election.
And, again, after 2024, if things go the way they should.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, even more virulent than back in 2016.

Yeah, people tend to forget that Trump is doing MUCH better today in his race towards 2024 than in 2016, not counting the indictments and such.

And the editors in that National Review issue, many of them eventually sided with Trump, including Beck, Domenech, Erickson, Loesch, Pavlich, etc.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Wow, even more virulent than back in 2016.

Yeah, people tend to forget that Trump is doing MUCH better today in his race towards 2024 than in 2016, not counting the indictments and such.

And the editors in that National Review issue, many of them eventually sided with Trump, including Beck, Domenech, Erickson, Loesch, Pavlich, etc.

As I told my close amigos back then, a fence sitter and a Libertarian, "You aren't voting for President. You're voting for the SCOTUS.
Trump isn't perfect w/ the vast appointments to courts but we've seen so many that matter.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What they are saying overseas. A lesson for our corrupt media.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
7/24/23

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The day after Hunter's disappointing court appearance. See a pattern here?

Trump faces additional charges in classified documents case

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

Former President Donald Trump faces additional charges in special counsel Jack Smith's case over his allegedly improper retention of classified materials.

The former president faces allegations of obstruction and willful retention of national defense information, the Associated Press reported. Trump has previously pleaded not guilty to 37 counts in the case.

Smith's office has also indicted the Mar-a-Lago estate's head of maintenance in connection with the case of former President Donald Trump's alleged mishandling of classified materials.

Carlos De Oliveira is third person indicted in the case, Fox News reported. Smith has previously charge the former president's aide, Walt Nauta, both of whom have pleaded not guilty.

The indictment alleges Trump conspired with de Oliveira and Nauta to delete surveillance footage from the estate, The Hill reported.

The FBI raided the Mar-a-Lago estate in August of last year seeking classified materials Trump may have removed from the White House. Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed Smith to handle the matter following Trump's declaration that he would seek the presidency in 2024.

A Trump campaign spokesperson told Fox News that the latest charges are "nothing more than a continued desperate and flailing attempt by the Biden Crime Family and their Department of Justice to harass President Trump and those around him."

Smith is also pursuing an investigation into Trump's efforts to challenge the 2020 election and the events of Jan. 6, 2021. Trump himself has said that Smith's office sent him a target letter in that case. Trump's attorneys met with Smith on Thursday, Trump stated.

"My attorneys had a productive meeting with the DOJ this morning, explaining in detail that I did nothing wrong, was advised by many lawyers, and that an Indictment of me would only further destroy our Country. No indication of notice was given during the meeting — Do not trust the Fake News on anything!" he wrote on Truth Social.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

The indictment alleges Trump conspired with de Oliveira and Nauta to delete surveillance footage from the estate, The Hill reported.

Conspired to delete video footage of his own home?

So would that be the same thing as, ummmm, wiping a server?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Donald is speaking in Erie, PA right now. Speaking of electric cars, he said "You wanna go into a good business? Towing. Go into towing. You'll be towing EVs all day long." Big Grin

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post