SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
...I'm afraid Trump/Vance team is missing a good opportunity to hit her hard right out of the gate...

I agree. Vance not attending the speech reduces the effectiveness of GOP criticism of Kamala skipping the event.

Yup.
Vance needs to maintain his presence in Congress as a member of the House, but as DJT's direct line to legislators. Not being there continues to feed into the petty squabble image that the Dems get themselves into and the impression that Vance is simply a DJT fan-boy.

Posts: 15054 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! BLM is not a fan of how this went down

"A 24-hour process of talking to party bosses is not democratic, nor is it a process Democrats should be proud of. We do not live in a dictatorship. Delegates are not oligarchs.

Installing Kamala Harris as the Democratic nominee and an unknown vice president without any public voting process would make the modern Democratic Party a party of hypocrites.

We call on the @DNC to create a process that allows for public participation in the nomination process, not just a nomination by party delegates."

Link to post on X - Twitter

Posts: 617 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
Wow! BLM is not a fan of how this went down

Well they all just need to simmer down and mind their place! They’re black, they HAVE to vote D cause the D’s own them… Wink

And Joy Reid is letting them know it is expected as well…

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...t-vote-kamala-harris

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11213 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Well, what a mess this has become.... huh, whoda thought.

I'm sorry but watching this video this guy in the suit, who appears to be USSS doesn't impress me as the most competent agent the way he is communicating.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38197 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1652 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Well, what a mess this has become.... huh, whoda thought.

I'm sorry but watching this video this guy in the suit, who appears to be USSS doesn't impress me as the most competent agent the way he is communicating.

Two details from the video: the backpack was not the shooters, rather it was first aid supplies brought up to potentially treat the shooter and more importantly, the two story building had a sniper on the second floor looking out the window at some point. Where was this person when it counted?

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Revealing what information they want us to know and I guess have released. They want us to know the supposed shooters name and age, and intimations that he acted alone. Also that he had an AR type rifle. That this seems to be the only information they want us to know and apparently can be released before the BS line of "investigation in progress" is only intended to deflect and cover real motives and create their narrative which dupes will buy.

I guess they also want us to think the roof was too steep for SS agents, who must be careful since they must be wearing roller blades without wearing wrist guards.

Posts: 7627 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Ted Cruz issues some thoughts that I believe Republicans really need to heed; the race isn't won yet, and the media is going to do whatever they can to spin Kackling Kamala as some kind of wonder woman! While I think he may be overestimating the Hyenas chances, he also does have a point!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

As the Democratic Party picks its presidential election hopes off the floor, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz says Republicans need to adjust to a combative new world in which Vice President Kamala Harris represents a formidable challenge to former President Donald Trump.

Cruz said Democrats and the media will frame Harris as a candidate chosen by the forces of noble liberal history.

For example, one NBC report about Harris gushed: “Kamala Harris has already made history as the first woman, the first black person and the first person of South Asian descent to serve as vice president of the United States.”

“If she formally secures the Democratic presidential nomination and triumphs over former President Donald Trump in the November election, she would shatter the highest glass ceiling in all of American life,” the report added.

As those reports filter throughout the media, Cruz said Republicans need to understand the depth of their challenge.

“I was very worried at the convention, and I expressed this to you at the time, which is I am afraid people were over confident at the convention that there was an air of celebration. It was we’ve won,” Cruz said on his podcast.

“Look, there’s a time for celebration, celebrate after election day, celebrate after we’ve won. Now is not the time for celebration. Now’s the time for hard work. Now’s the time for rolling up your sleeves and going to win,” he said.

Cruz warns against underestimating Harris: Dems pitching her as ‘Mother Teresa, Oprah and Gandhi’ combo https://t.co/s99eHT2lON

— Fox News (@FoxNews) July 22, 2024

Cruz said that “the Democrats are about to have a month-long convention where every news story will be focused on who the nominee is gonna be.”

Cruz also said media reports are “going to talk about what an historic president Kamala Harris would be and it’s going to be a month long” affair.

The Texas senator said Harris should not be taken lightly.

“And by the way, Republicans, I worry, vastly underestimate Kamala Harris that they don’t think very highly of her. They don’t think she’s terribly bright,” he said.

“When you or I bring up Kamala Harris’s name in Republican circles, people… It’s immediately a punch line,” he said.

“I think people are underestimating what billions of dollars of free media, of the entire corrupt corporate media complex pitching her as a combination of Mother Teresa, Oprah and Gandhi,” he said.

Read “Quinnipiac University poll finds VP Harris, Donald Trump neck and neck to voters” on SmartNews: https://t.co/p3Rwjm3QoP #SmartNewsTHE LIES ARE COMING P.S WINT MATTER

— Duffy G (@duffycars) July 23, 2024

Cruz said Harris can be beaten, but it will take work.

“I still think Trump wins in November. But this is not a layup. It is not given in what’s coming in front of us,” he said.

“Look, if you’re a Democrat, what makes you nervous is chaos, and this much chaos one hundred days out is scary,” Cruz explained. “But you know what even more scary is going to an election where you’re almost certain to lose, which is where Biden was. So from their perspective, chaos and a chance to win or certain loss, they’ll take chaos.

“But Republicans need to understand just how dangerous this is.”

Link to Story...

Posts: 4778 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The RNC needs to do everything in their power to sow hate and discontent within the Democratic Party. Get them to spend their time attacking each other.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31990 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I like that plan. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13855 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And now this is a new tactic from the Left to try and say that Trump made a mistake picking JD Vance, that he's unhappy with him already. LOL, Okaaay

These people are just ridiculous Roll Eyes

Masters of projection they are, always

From The New Republic:

Why Trump Suddenly Thinks Picking J.D. Vance Was a Mistake

Posts: 34528 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why Trump Suddenly Thinks Picking J.D. Vance Was a Mistake

The story doesn't even match the headline.

There's nothing in the story that quotes Trump or even someone who says they heard this from Trump. Yes, of course there are "allies" who would prefer a different VP pick... but that's not Trump.

“Most striking thing I heard from Trump allies yesterday was the second-guessing of JD Vance—a selection, they acknowledged, that was [born] of cockiness, meant to run up margins with the base in a blowout rather than persuade swing voters in a nail-biter,” Atlantic staff writer Tim Alberta, who had written the piece about the panicking Trump campaign, posted on X (formerly Twitter).

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24576 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Ted Cruz issues some thoughts that I believe Republicans really need to heed; the race isn't won yet, and the media is going to do whatever they can to spin Kackling Kamala as some kind of wonder woman! While I think he may be overestimating the Hyenas chances, he also does have a point!

*** NSFW ***

Posts: 7389 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

In the clip, Representative Lisa McClain (R-Mi.) pressed former Director Cheatle about the number of shell casings found next to the shooter’s body. This is important because the audio recorded seven to eight shots fired, but in two groups: five wild shots and two to three very accurate shots, one of which clipped President Trump’s ear, right next to his brain, and important part of the body that many people desire to retain intact.

There is a rumor whistleblowers told Congress that only five shell casings were found by the shooter. If true, that fact would prove there had been a second, better-trained shooter at the Butler rally, which would change the entire trajectory of the conversation, if you’ll allow me that minor pun.

Chellim, what is this crap? Para has asked for us to stop with the wild theories and conspiracies, and this is absolutely asinine.

The first three shots were the ones that hit, go look at the video. All have the exact same sound signature, and if you WERE to assume there was someone else, then this mythical “better shooter” only fired three shots, clearly missed, but somehow timed it perfectly with the dude on the roof who had to climb up, get into position, and evade detection. Bullshit.

Posts: 2346 | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

“When you or I bring up Kamala Harris’s name in Republican circles, people… It’s immediately a punch line,” he said.

“I think people are underestimating what billions of dollars of free media, of the entire corrupt corporate media complex pitching her as a combination of Mother Teresa, Oprah and Gandhi,” he said.

THIS
People need to stop coming up with witty one-liners and derogatory names for her and start grinding away about her record, we know what she isn't.

The media is going to go all-out to polish her up and make her out like she's a Messiah, they're working REAL HARD to pull back any suburban women voters. They will control the narrative as they will be focused on abortion rights, voting rights, identity politics, Green New Deal and justice reform. THey'll smooth-over and minimize her speaking gaffs, her crap record as a prosecutor, her inaction as VPOTUS and her inability to craft any legislation, particularly when it comes to working with the 'other' party...you'd think as a Senator, she'd have the relationships to work on pushing new laws from the West Wing, she didn't it was a shit-show.
Lets not forget, she actively encouraged the disorder during 2020, setting up national legal council and bail funds for rioters.

Posts: 15054 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

People need to stop coming up with witty one-liners and derogatory names for her

No. I won't. Trump won't. Many others won't.

And you think she is going to win if we continue to do this?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
People need to stop coming up with witty one-liners and derogatory names for her and start grinding away about her record, we know what she isn't.

There is absolutely no reason we can't do both. She deserves it, just like FJB did.

Q

Posts: 27505 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

People need to stop coming up with witty one-liners and derogatory names for her

No. I won't. Trump won't. Many others won't.

And you think she is going to win if we continue to do this?

I'll leave the wisecracks to the comedians.
My discussions with friends and family will revolve around what's relevant, that she's know-nothing wanna-be, she wants to play politics but, she's never achieved much in her political career and most everything has been gifted to her. Her time as VPOTS achieved very little, her short time in the Senate achieved very little, actively fomented disorder in 2020 and her inability to articulate anything should be concern for any sane voter.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^Exactly. Pointing those traits and characteristics out shows you put in some time and effort considering her qualifications and capabilities, and she came up short. Challenge people to see and look it up for themselves.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24223 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post