SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ... 928
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Who gives a shit what the Commies & Establishment want, unless you simply want to do the opposite. Know your own mind, don't be an alarmist and carry on as a solid conservative/patriot by backing Trump 110%.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Next, you're going to tell us how the moon landings were fake and staged, and how George HW Bush was a key figure in the JFK assassination. Roll Eyes

Nope. That was LBJ. He had the job done. Wink

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that they are harassing Trump to this extent, not because they don't want him to run (although they don't) but mostly because they want to send a message to anyone else who might want to run. "If we can do this to him, we can do this to you, as well". I think their primary motive is to discourage other men and women, leaving the field to themselves and to RINOs. Trump's courage in fighting this is critical; it will take men and women of courage to eradicate this leftist stain on our country. Just like they are trying to make him an example, he is trying to set an example of courage in fighting back. My two cents worth.

Posts: 201 | Location: Boyce, VA | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8961 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Next, you're going to tell us how the moon landings were fake and staged, and how George HW Bush was a key figure in the JFK assassination. Roll Eyes

Nope. That was LBJ. He had the job done. Wink
My mom always thought so.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
They are going after Trump for two reasons:

1. Orange Man Bad.....aka Trump Derangement Syndrome.

2. Trump is leading contenders and pretenders in the Republican Nomination process and that scares the hell out of them, especially if an honest election can occur. IF (notice I said IF) they can get Trump to drop out, well guess what, the SAME attack tactics will be used on the next leader among the Republican potentials until they get the worthless candidate that no one would come out and vote for. For example, suddenly DeSantis will be charged with "kidnapping" by the Feds and any Blue States for exporting illegals into their jurisdictions. And that will just be the start of their attacks.

Posts: 3957 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
They have put a lot of time and effort into ruining Trump and believe they can poison his chances with indictments. Trump has to run and he has to win. Otherwise, these people will think nothing of jailing a former President guilty of wrongthink. I don't believe for a second this goes away if Trump chooses to withdraw.

Posts: 1977 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

What is behind Trump's espionage charges?

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump has (unfortunately) trusted people that turned on him. Its widely reported that "Trump insiders" provided much of the testimony that aided the indictment.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Trump has (unfortunately) trusted people that turned on him. Its widely reported that "Trump insiders" provided much of the testimony that aided the indictment.

IIRC, they testified to the grand jury. SF legal people, did they have any options? Can someone refuse to testify?

Posts: 15912 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judge Who Ruled in Trump’s Favor Assigned to Mar-a-Lago Documents Case

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...-10&utm_medium=email

A federal judge who was appointed by former President Donald Trump and ruled in his favor in the case involving records seized from his home by the FBI has been assigned to his new criminal case.

U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon was assigned to the criminal case, which was lodged in federal court in southern Florida, according to the court docket.

Assignment of new cases is chosen randomly to one of 26 judges who operate in the district, according to the court’s internal rules.

Cannon, a former U.S. prosecutor who was appointed as a judge in 2020, sided with Trump in a previous case brought by the former president against the government following its execution of a search warrant at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

Trump asked for an independent person called a special master to be appointed to help adjudicate disputes over the documents the FBI seized, many of which were not marked classified, because he said many of the documents were not allowed to be seized under the warrant.

Department of Justice (DOJ) officials opposed the request, alleging that appointing a special master would harm natural security and would impede its criminal investigation into Trump.

Cannon ruled on Sept. 5, 2022, that a special master would be helpful in identifying personal documents that Trump may be entitled to, such as tax documents that the government had acknowledged seizing.

She noted that the government had acknowledged botching a review of the documents for potentially privileged materials and that the team in charge of the review was not always “perceived to be as impartial as special masters.

“Concerns about the perception of fair process are heightened where, as here, the Privilege Review Team and the Investigation Team contain members from the same section within the same DOJ division, even if separated for direct reporting purposes on this specific matter,” she said.

“The Court is mindful that restraints on criminal prosecutions are disfavored but finds that these unprecedented circumstances call for a brief pause to allow for neutral, third-party review to ensure a just process with adequate safeguards,” she added later.

Cannon named U.S. District Judge Raymond Dearie, a Reagan appointee, as the special master and enabled him to view materials with classification markings.

Appeals Court Overturns Ruling
But an appeals court panel concluded Cannon “likely erred” when she made the materials available to Dearie and Trump lawyers, prompting Cannon to modify her order to block them from seeing the documents. The Supreme Court declined to intervene.

Trump’s case was later thrown out after the same appeals court panel said Cannon lacked the jurisdiction to appoint a special master.

The new case against Trump stems partly from the same documents the FBI seized. Authorities say Trump illegally kept classified materials and other sensitive documents beyond his presidency at Mar-a-Lago, and showed some of the materials to other people in New Jersey in violation of federal law.

“The unauthorized disclosure of these classified documents could put at risk the national security of the United States, foreign relations, the safety of the United States military, and human sources and the continued viability of sensitive intelligence collection methods,” the indictment, presented by special counsel Jack Smith’s team and approved by a grand jury in Florida, states.

Trump says he declassified the classified materials before leaving office and is innocent. He has also pointed out that a number of former top officials, such as former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, have not been charged even though they mishandled classified materials.

Request for Recusal?
Under federal law, if prosecutors reasonably believe Cannon cannot be fair, they could file an affidavit asking that Cannon recuse herself from the case, arguing that she has a personal bias or prejudice. If she finds the affidavit is “sufficient,” she must step down.

She also must step down if it could be argued that her “impartiality might reasonably be questioned” by the parties or the public.

Given the reversal of Cannon’s ruling last year, “there already appears to be a fair ground for disqualification because the public might reasonably question her impartiality, even absent an evidentiary basis for alleging or finding personal bias or prejudice,” said University of Miami law professor Anthony Alfieri, the founding director of its Center for Ethics and Public Service.

Cannon previously worked as an assistant U.S. attorney, mainly out of the federal prosecutors’ office in Fort Pierce, Florida, which is part of the same federal district as Miami but about 130 miles (209 kilometers) to the north. Beginning in 2013, Cannon prosecuted 41 cases as part of the Major Crimes Division, later handling appeals of criminal convictions and sentences.

She has also been a member of the Federalist Society, a conservative legal organization that has championed judges appointed by Trump, including Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett.

Born in Cali, Colombia, in 1981, Cannon came to the United States as a child, ultimately graduating from Duke University in 2003.

One of her cases as a prosecutor involved a defendant in a major $800 million Ponzi scheme who unsuccessfully appealed his numerous fraud convictions to the Atlanta-based 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. Her opposing counsel in that case, longtime Miami defense attorney Richard Klugh, described Cannon as “very bright and talented” and fair to the defense.

“I didn’t see anything I could characterize as anything other than good lawyering, and no political bias whatsoever,” Klugh said, adding that he has worked on cases handled by Cannon, although he has not appeared in her courtroom.

“She’s known for affording fair process and hearings. You like somebody who actually hears you out,” he said.

She was asked during her 2020 Senate confirmation process whether she had any discussions with anyone, including people at the White House or the Justice Department, about loyalty to President Trump. In a written response, she replied: “No.”

Posts: 12745 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They want to humble the man, to humiliate him and make him shrink away and this is what they get:

Trump reveals his thoughts on barrage of legal charges, investigations: 'In a sick way I sort of enjoy it'

And that's an example of why I love the this man. No one else would have the balls to say that and to behave so defiantly. I know many people don't understand and many of them are our people, but I understand, and despite the fact that many people think the man a fool, I appreciate his attitude.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107753 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Trump has the heart of a world class boxer. I don't believe you can be an honest, successful NYC businessman without such... a very rare breed & Thank God he's a patriot.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

"Trump reveals his thoughts on barrage of legal charges, investigations: 'In a sick way I sort of enjoy it.'"

And that's an example of why I love the this man. No one else would have the balls to say that and to behave so defiantly. I know many people don't understand and many of them are our people, but I understand, and despite the fact that many people think the man a fool, I appreciate his attitude.

He reminds me of the MEN I knew when I lived in Upstate New York. Intelligent, strong men of character. I've not met anyone like them since I've moved here to the Bay Area. When I hear someone talk about their hatred of Trump, I know they're not capable of discussing it rationally, so I say nothing but just think to myself, "What a sheep!"

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10716 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Salty Dawg:
I think goose5 may be correct in regard to the nomination for the Republican side. The left/media obviously don't want Trump to win back the Presidency, but they may prefer him as the candidate believing that he would again be defeated. These constant legal attacks could be intended to fire up Trump's supporters enough to ensure his nomination while simultaneously turning off less committed voters in the general.

I'll say it again; this is stupid shit. "They are attacking Trump day and night, with indictments, accusations, lies, investigations, etc. because THEY want him to be the nominee." Next, you're going to tell us how the moon landings were fake and staged, and how George HW Bush was a key figure in the JFK assassination. Roll Eyes

Did it ever occur to you that IF "they" really wanted Trump to be the nominee, they would leave him alone and let him cruise through the primaries, crushing all other possible candidates? Because right now, nobody comes close to beating Trump.
What it comes down to is that we can't know if they're serious when they say they want Donald Trump to be the candidate because he's a dead man walking. The fact of the matter is that leftists have no acquaintance with the truth. You can't trust anything they say because they lie so much, they may no longer even recognize the truth.

Some of them believe this strategy, but others will simply may they believe this strategy, if for no other reason that all their criminal efforts may fail to stop Donald Trump from becoming the candidate ad they want to save face. Leftists do this kind of thing quite often; they behave as if some disaster which befalls the is exactly what they wanted to happen. They're ridiculous people, not to be trusted in any way at any time.

If Ron DeSantis becomes the Republican candidate, would I refrain from voting for him? No, I wouldn't do that, despite my angry declaration the other day. This is turning into an impossible situation and we have to resist the left's efforts to divide us.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leftists do this kind of thing quite often; they behave as if some disaster which befalls the is exactly what they wanted to happen. They're ridiculous people, not to be trusted in any way at any time.

If Ron DeSantis becomes the Republican candidate, would I refrain from voting for him? No, I wouldn't do that, despite my angry declaration the other day. This is turning into an impossible situation and we have to resist the left's efforts to divide us.

Yep.

None of us knows how this will play out over the next year for the primary, plus another 1/2 year for the general election. All we know is that leftists lie and cheat. We will all be together to oppose them come November.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24186 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
In this case I think the Republican's have a strong argument on selective prosecution. When you compare Trump and Hillary it can be broken down to three different categories. Law, storage, and the past. 1. Both broke the law. 2. She put the classified material on a server. The famous Comey presser in October 2015 he said that server was most like hacked multiple times. I imagine Mara Lago has decent electronic perimeter security, and I don't remember if Trump accepted the SS detail. So, I'd say Hillary's situation was much worse. 3. Comey's presser he laid out no high level government official has every been charged for this, and that's why Hillary will not be charged. But, they charged Trump for a lesser situation.

So, subpoena Comey, Hillary, Pence, and Biden although you'll never get him. Subpoena the any Records official and detail Biden's case too. Comey's presser should be introduced into evidence and go though that. Try to get to the bottom of where is that line between charging and not. We all know what that line is, and it should never see the inside of a court room.

I can't imagine a more embarrassing show for the Democrats at the end of all of this. If I were a Republican I'd be quietly telling the Dem's you know its looking like the Biden family has significant problems with corruption and perhaps bribery, and Biden did the same document dance and left them in multiple offices and his garage. Next time we're in power guess what? We will find a red district. In a red state and guess what? We're going to charge the whole lot. And, since you've broken the federal glass ceiling we're going to charge and try him there too. We are going to break out all the charges one by one, and trickle them out over the span of our time in power. You started this shit so now we get to play too.

Posts: 7551 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They know the man is not going to jail. Their intent is to cast a dark cloud over him and keep it there through the campaign season for the 2024 election, sowing doubt about Trump's character and dividing the right with infighting.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
In this case I think the Republican's have a strong argument on selective prosecution. When you compare Trump and Hillary it can be broken down to three different categories. Law, storage, and the past. 1. Both broke the law.

If the documents Trump had were essentially declassified just by the very nature of him taking them, how did he break the law?

I know all the super smart people on TV keep debating all the little nuances of classification, de-classification, storage, blah blah blah and how Trump is finished--Bill Barr that sack of shit today said "he's toast"--but I think it's pretty damn simple. He was the fucking President. He took them when he was President. Therefore, everything he had was de-classified right then. But I guess that doesn't take up hours of debate on TV.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30437 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I watched both his speeches yesterday on Newsmax first one in Georgia then later in North Carolina.
President Trump is the only presidential candidate that can save our great and deteriorating republic.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post