SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
7/26/21

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/...cursion_3920814.html

Every Member of Pelosi’s Jan. 6 Select Committee Voted to Impeach Trump, Most Said he Incited Capitol Incursion

BY MARK TAPSCOTT
July 27, 2021 Updated: July 27, 2021
biggersmaller Print

News Analysis

When Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Democrats to serve on her Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol on July 1, she told a news conference that the panel’s purpose was “to seek and to find the truth. We want to do so in the most patriotic and nonpartisan way, so the American people have confidence in the results.”

After Pelosi rejected two of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s five Republican picks to serve on the select committee, whose first hearing was on July 27, he claimed “this panel has lost all legitimacy and credibility.”

Pelosi accused Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio and Rep. Jim Banks of Indiana of “statements and actions” that would undermine “the integrity of the investigation,” presumably including their votes against creating the committee.

In response, Jordan and Banks accused Pelosi of rejecting them because she knew they would demand answers to why the U.S. Capitol Police, who are under her control, were not prepared for the Jan. 6 breach of the Capitol despite being warned days ahead of time that trouble was brewing.

McCarthy withdrew all five of his nominees, so Pelosi added Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) as the second and last member of the panel, joining Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.). Both Cheney and Kinzinger voted to impeach Trump following the riot.

All of the seven Democrats on the select committee also voted to impeach Trump a week after the Jan. 6 breach and to hold him responsible for the day’s events.

That vote was the second to impeach Trump for several of the panel members, including the chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.). Thompson also sued Trump after the Capitol incursion, claiming he incited it.

Other select committee Democrats are Rep. Elaine Luria of Virginia, Rep. Jamie Raskin of Maryland, Rep. Stephanie Murphy of Florida, Rep. Pete Aquilar of California, Rep. Adam Schiff of California, and Rep. Zoe Lofgren of California.

Raskin was a member of the House Impeachment Team that presented the case to the Senate for Trump’s responsibility for the riot and helped draft the impeachment articles that were approved by 222 House Democrats and 10 Republicans.

Schiff as chairman of the House Select Committee on Intelligence was leader of the first impeachment campaign against Trump, based on accusations that the chief executive had abused his powers in making U.S. aid to Ukraine contingent upon that country providing negative information about then-former Vice-President Joe Biden.

Schiff also famously claimed to have viewed “direct evidence” that Trump had conspired with Russians to steal the 2016 election from Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. Schiff has never provided or described any such evidence despite repeatedly claiming to have seen it.

Shortly after casting his vote to impeach Trump, Aquilar issued a statement saying, “when the President sent a mob to the Capitol, radicalized by his lies about the results of a free and fair election, to stop the counting of electoral votes he made it clear that he poses a grave threat to our democracy.”

Lofgren, voted to impeach Trump in 2019 and told the House she would support the second Trump impeachment because “the President incited right-wing terrorists to attack the Congress to try to overturn constitutional government.”

Similarly, Murphy, who voted to impeach in 2019, defended her second impeachment vote against Trump, saying “the mob was incited by the President.”

With such a makeup of Pelosi’s select committee, two attorneys defending individuals arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 incursion told The Epoch Times July 26 in a statement that the panel will damage the ability of the more than 500 facing charges to get fair trials.

“These hearings are not an objective search for truth, but rather a deliberate attempt by Nancy Pelosi’s House of Representatives to thwart the judicial process by creating subjective evidence for the Department of Justice to use during January 6th criminal trials and to continue poisoning jury pools beyond repair,” attorneys Joseph McBride and Steven A. Metcalf said.

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
And Pelosi's Puppet, Kevin McCarthy, wont lift a finger to punish Cheney or Kinzinger. He's too busy yelling "Cuba Libre!!!!" with the rest of the useless republican party.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Twitter Suspends All Election Audit ‘War Room’ Accounts; Senator Wendy Rogers Predicts She Will Be Next.
Link

Arizona Audit Twitter Accounts Removed By Big Tech
Link

Hmmm… Arizona papers audit was scheduled to be completed today.

CDC issues new mask guidelines.
All vaccinated need to put mask back on.
Link

DOJ says it’s legal to mandate vaccines.
Link

Pelosi spins up Jan. 6th sham investigation, adding RINO’s that voted to impeach President Trump.
Link

President Joe Biden on Tuesday warned that a significant cyber attack on the United States could lead to "a real shooting war" with a major power, comments that highlight what Washington sees as growing threats posed by Russia and China.
Link

So much happening, almost as if they are trying to provide distractive cover from audit results, don’t ya think.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
interesting events

so essentially the fascists operating our 'government' has decreed that its alright to force an experimental vaccine on people

whats next, forced sterilization? forced organ harvesting?

as for that arrogant cocksucker Biden saying that the non-vaccinated are stupid, if he wants to see stupid, he should look in the mirror

when is the revolution going to start - we need to stop this bullshit and take our country back

Posts: 53808 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The audits must have some validity of fraud. If Biden had won fair and square the weight of the Federal government would not be brought forward as a threat.

Department of Justice Warns States Against Violating Federal Law With Audits

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...JUIlI4OmAd2jk2oDufqG

Department of Justice officials on Wednesday alerted states that they’re tracking closely the 2020 election audit taking place in Arizona and proposed audits in several other states.

The new guidance document summarizes the Biden administration’s position on federal law concerning audits, deeming the round of reviews either done, being done, or proposed “unusual” and “exceedingly rare” while highlighting that federal law imposes constraints under which counties and states must comply.

The laws include the Civil Rights Act of 1960, which mandates the retention of election records for 22 months after a federal election, and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which outlines that no person “shall intimidate, threaten, or coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any person for voting or attempting to vote, or intimidate, threaten, or coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any person for urging or aiding any person to vote or attempt to vote.”

The former, for instance, makes it the duty of election officials to maintain the security and integrity of the records and safeguard their chain of custody, “so that a complete and uncompromised record of federal elections can be reliably accessed and used in federal law enforcement matters,” the document states.

“Where election records leave the control of elections officials, the systems for maintaining the security, integrity, and chain of custody of those records can easily be broken. Moreover, where elections records are no longer under the control of elections officials, this can lead to a significant risk of the records being lost, stolen, altered, compromised, or destroyed. This risk is exacerbated if the election records are given to private actors who have neither experience nor expertise in handling such records and who are unfamiliar with the obligations imposed by federal law,” it adds, in a clear reference to the audit being done in Maricopa County, Arizona.

The GOP-controlled Arizona Senate last year ordered the audit, tapping Florida-based Cyber Ninjas, which has no election audit experience.

Violators of the Civil Rights Act face fines of up to $1,000 and a jail sentence of up to one year for each violation.

“The reason we’re issuing this as guidance is to tell jurisdictions, generally, that we are concerned that if they’re going to conduct these audits, so-called audits of the past election, they have to comply with federal law, and warning them that they can’t conduct these audits in a way that is going to intimidate voters,” a DOJ official told reporters in a call about the guidance.

“This document sets down a marker that says the Justice Department is concerned about this and we will be following this closely,” the official added.

Officials noted that Attorney General Merrick Garland last month said the DOJ would focus in part on scrutinizing audits to make sure they comply with federal laws.

Arizona Senate President Karen Fann, who ordered the audit, told The Epoch Times at the time that “Democrats have been trying every avenue they can to stop or discredit this audit.”

“I’m sure this will be one of many avenues they will pursue post audit as well,” Fann, who did not reply to questions on Wednesday, wrote in an email.

Arizona’s attorney general, Republican Mark Brnovich, warned Garland in June that his office would “not tolerate” any attempt to thwart the audit, which is widely opposed by Democrats, including Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs.

Maricopa County agreed to lease new machines from Dominion Voting Systems after Hobbs said the audit may have left them compromised and Pennsylvania’s top elections official decertified machines from Dominion in Fulton County after an elections assessment was done.

The Maricopa County effort is by far the largest post-election review in the nation. Auditors hand tallied the ballots cast last year—nearly 2.1 million, according to county officials—and examined hundreds of machines used to count votes.

Auditors are expected to complete their physical work this week. A final report on what they found is expected to be released next month.

An initial plan to canvass households from which questionable votes were cast was put on hold after Pamela Karlan, a DOJ official, reached out to Fann to express concern about possible voter intimidation. Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan at a hearing this month recommended the canvass happen to clear up worries about some of the ballots auditors reviewed.

The Arizona audit has inspired lawmakers in other states. Pennsylvania Sen. Doug Mastriano, a Republican, recently initiated a review of the 2020 election three counties after visiting the audit, though two of the counties have signaled they will not cooperate. Legislators and election integrity groups in Georgia and Wisconsin are pursuing similar efforts.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

when is the revolution going to start - we need to stop this bullshit and take our country back

What are you waiting for? Kick it off.

Posts: 1847 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

Please don't start again.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there anything you and I need to review together? I can refresh your memory.

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Is there anything you and I need to review together? I can refresh your memory.

If you don't want me questioning the keyboard commandos, zap my account. I know if this was my place, I'd nip the chest thumpers talking about starting a revolution, but it's your house.

Posts: 1847 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just stow the "ban me" dramatics. And I don't need any advice on how to run this place, nor any descriptions of what you would do if you were in charge. That's pointless.

We've been over this before, and you know better. It's as simple as that.

While we're on the subject, I do address the "chest thumpers" as you call them, but I don't see that here, so, just behave.

Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Dude, you sure seem like the keyboard commando here.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's easy to sit there and talk about "what I would do". You haven't put in the more than twenty years of running this place, the day-in/day-out routine, all the problems and issues and complaints, all the conflicts over everything from the pettiest of squabbles in the Lounge to fraud and theft in Classifieds. All the policy decisions about allowable content, etc. Thousands of decisions in two decades. It's so easy to tell us how you would solve problems. Its something altogether different to put yourself out there and make these decisions, which, I can tell you, somebody is not going to be happy with.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's easy to sit there and talk about "what I would do". You haven't put in the more than twenty years of running this place, ...

Damn straight!

I've moderated in a couple different on-line venues over the years. For a time I "managed" a moderation team. Like herding freaking cats. Those were challenge enough. I cannot imagine what para has to deal with on a daily basis.

So don't even be telling the boss "If this was my forum I'd..." That's bullshit.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Amen, this is my only home. Going back to school at my age is tough enough, this is my safe haven. Thanks Para.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A Matter Of National Security" - DoJ Says Trump Tax Returns Must Be Released By IRS To Congress

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-congress-doj-orders

Conveniently timed to coincide with Trump's re-emergence on the political scene with rallies being readies in the run up to next year's mid-terms, the Department of Justice has decided now is the time to affirm that the income tax returns of former President Trump can be released by the IRS to Congress.

The DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel said that Congress had made a request with a legitimate legislative purpose to see Trump’s tax returns.

“The Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee has invoked sufficient reasons for requesting the former President’s tax information,” the opinion said.

As a result, under federal law, “Treasury must furnish the information to the Committee,” the opinion said.

The decision, as CNBC reports, comes more than a year after the U.S. Supreme Court said that Trump’s tax returns and other financial records had to be turned over by his longtime accountants to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., because of a subpoena issued as part of Vance’s criminal probe of the Trump Organization.

Of course, what this really means is that the likes of Schiff and Swalwell will 'accidentally' - allegedly - leak all of this to WaPo or NYT to pour their 'expertise' over and create the narrative required...

Which brings us to the most humorous sentence of the statement:

“Executive Branch officials must apply a presumption that Legislative Branch officials act in good faith and in furtherance of legitimate objectives.”

Oh yeah, lots of "good faith" among that crowd.

Speaker Pelosi chimed in, claiming that releasing Trump's tax returns is "a matter of national security" adding that "The American people deserve to know the facts of his troubling conflicts of interest and undermining of our security and democracy as president."

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
at what point does this targeted harassment start to have consequences?

the DoJ is complicit in this

people need to be stopped and pay the price for their actions

Posts: 53808 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
What does someone's tax return have to do with the price of anvil's in Taiwan?? Any MORON knows Trump has a team of CPA's and attorneys the size of a small city keeping his financial shit wired at all times. When is the audit on Queen Pelosi's financials??? JFSMH...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have never in my entire life seen the federal government so terrified of one person that they spend every hour of every day persecuting this guy.

This is not the country that I emigrated to back in 1991. Its a thin shell of what it was.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I have never in my entire life seen the federal government so terrified of one person that they spend every hour of every day persecuting this guy.

This is not the country that I emigrated to back in 1991. Its a thin shell of what it was.

The courts could slap it down anytime they wanted to.