SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 ... 929
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
And now the Senate will not call witnesses.

Posts: 7326 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
And now the Senate will not call witnesses.

Because it will expose the sham even further. With the volume of witnesses the President's team is willing to call, it would be impossible for the media to silence all of it.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Ted Cruz provides the questions he would have asked

If the House Managers call Rep Herrera Beutler as a witness, the first witness Trump’s lawyers should call is Nancy Pelosi. Several Qs she should answer:

What did you know about threats to the Capitol?

When?

Did you turn down national guard because of “optics”?

"Pelosi can testify as to when she knew about the threats on the Capitol, what she knew specifically, and in particular, she can testify – we heard already that the House Sergeant-at-Arms turned down National Guard protection for the Capitol on Jan. 6 because 'the optics.' And I think Speaker Pelosi can testify as to whether she made a decision based on optics, based on politics, not to have additional protection at the Capitol to prevent the terrorist attack that played out," Cruz said.

Another defense witness who would certainly be relevant:

DC Mayor Muriel Bowser

Defense Dept offered Nat'l Guard support before 6 Jan 2021. Bowser said no

Cruz also provided some questions "that didn't make the cut to be asked":

(These are all real, from various senators, who will remain anonymous.)

“Can we build the Keystone Pipeline if we add Hunter Biden to the board?”

“To Manager Swalwell: Tell us about Fang Fang.”

"Have any of the House Managers had sexual relations with a Chinese communist spy? Please explain.”

“If we put him in a burlap sack & throw him in the river, and he does not float, must we convict?”

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/st.../1360620874756423680

Posts: 19616 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

This man would be an amazing President. Sadly, I don't think he has the charisma required to ever win the Presidency.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
So what was Republican House member Herrera Beutler's input that caused such an uproar?

(Beutler also voted to impeach Donald Trump in the House vote)

When McCarthy finally reached the president on January 6 and asked him to publicly and forcefully call off the riot, the president initially repeated the falsehood that it was antifa that had breached the Capitol. McCarthy refuted that and told the president that these were Trump supporters. That's when, according to McCarthy, the president said: "Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I guarantee you I was more upset about the election than Kevin McCarthy

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

This man would be an amazing President. Sadly, I don't think he has the charisma required to ever win the Presidency.

I did not, and would not vote for him over Trump. But if Donald Trump is through in the political arena, I would be happy to vote for Ted Cruz and I suspect many others would be as well. Short of that, I'm extremely hesitant to make any political predictions in the current climate.

Posts: 17239 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Have any of the House Managers had sexual relations with a Chinese communist spy? Please explain.”

Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30462 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ves-matter-protests/

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) submitted a question during the fourth day of the Senate impeachment trial of former President Donald Trump asking if language Vice President Kamala Harris used in 2020 regarding Black Lives Matter protests is considered incitement given the impeachment managers’ “proposed standard” for incitement.

“While violent riots were raging, Kamala Harris said on national TV, ‘They’re not gonna let up, and they should not,’” quoting viral comments then-Sen. Harris (D-CA) made on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert last June in reference to nationwide Black Lives Matter protests.

“And she also raised money to bail out violent rioters,” Cruz’s question continued in reference to the Minnesota Freedom Fund (MFF) Harris urged her Facebook and Twitter followers to support in June 2020.

“Using the manager’s proposed standard, is there any coherent way for Donald Trump’s words to be incitement and Kamala Harris’s words not to be incitement?”

Lead House impeachment manager Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) responded to the question by saying on the chamber floor that he was “ not familiar ” with the quote from Harris that Cruz had referenced; however, Trump attorney Michael T. van der Veek rejected that notion during his own response to Cruz, saying his team had given video to the House’s team of Harris’s quote and that they had played the video three times that day.

I've watched videos of Raskin in various committee hearings. He is a snake and liar of the worst kind

Raskin also said that despite not recognizing the quote, he finds it “ absolutely unimaginable that Vice President Harris would ever incite violence or encourage or promote violence . Obviously, it’s completely irrelevant to the proceeding at hand, and I will allow her to defend herself.”

In a related question during the trial, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) asked on behalf of himself, Cruz, Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS), and Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-ND), “Does a politician raising bail for rioters encourage more rioting?” A representative from Trump’s legal team replied, “Yes.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

trying to avoid posting too much right now, but here is a very good article on how the GOP gamed the DEM House managers about witnesses

https://redstate.com/shipwreck...he-democrats-n326408

Graham's Gambit on Witnesses -- The GOP Has Better Trial Lawyers in the Senate Than do the Democrats

snip:

And now Pres. Trump’s defense is about what the House Managers — in the role of the prosecution — don’t want the “jurors” and the public to know about. Why DON’T they want witnesses to testify in response to the presentation by Trump’s defense team yesterday. What did the House Manager’s case ignore? What didn’t they pursue in a timely and competent manner? What ELSE have they fabricated besides what moron Swalwell was caught doing? What are they hiding? What are they preventing the public from knowing by blocking the testimony of Nancy Pelosi, Muriel Bowser, the Capitol Hill Police Command, and the Metropolitan Police Department Command?

posted Hide Post
Praise God !!! Trump acquitted !!! God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
57-43?

Seven so called republicans voted to convict the President? Is that right?

ETA: SNAKES!

The Republicans who voted for conviction were Sens. Richard Burr of North Carolina, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Mitt Romney of Utah, Ben Sasse of Nebraska and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30462 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Sen. Burr (R) North Carolina
Unfortunately I voted for him several times being the worst of two evils.

We need to do a better job of sorting out these traitors during the Primaries.
Republicans Senators voting President Trump Guilty of Inciting an Insurrection:

Richard Burr of North Carolina
Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
Susan Collins of Maine
Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
Mitt Romney of Utah
Ben Sasse of Nebraska
Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
57-43?

Seven so called republicans voted to convict the President? Is that right?

"The seven GOP senators who joined with all Democrats in finding Trump guilty were: Sens. Richard Burr of North Carolina, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Mitt Romney of Utah, Ben Sasse of Nebraska and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania."

Posts: 32571 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the problem. The democrats vote in lock step unity now. The republicans always have a few that stray. The Obamacare vote to open debate was due to one Republican that caved. And she caved again this time.

For those from states that lean blue, they are trying to protect their reelection in the next general election, but I do not think any of them will survive the next primary. And President Trump will be there to campaign against every one of them.

Mitt Romney is not representing his state that voted overwhelmingly for Trump. No way he gets reelected.

And now, President Trump is clear to become the next Senator from Florida. Pretty sure he will win if he runs.

Posts: 4734 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
"The seven GOP senators who joined with all Democrats in finding Trump guilty were: Sens. Richard Burr of North Carolina, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Mitt Romney of Utah, Ben Sasse of Nebraska and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania."

Why - on what basis did they vote this way? Democrats are sheep. I get the RINOs will be sheep as well. But they should at least have a public, reasonable basis. Do they?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12763 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
The Babylon Bee carried a story about how if Trump is impeached one more time he gets his card punched for a free sandwich. Wink. Now, we may start to hear the Trump political defense to this whole impeachment fiasco.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
as best as I can tell:

Burr will not run for reelection in 2022
Cassidy up for reelection in 2026
Collins up for for reelection in 2026
Murkowski up for reelection in 2022
Romney up for reelection in 2024
Sasse 2026
Toomey not running in 2022

so we can plan to defeat Murkowski soon

posted Hide Post
NOW. THE. GLOVES. COME. OFF!

The re-elected President of the United States of America, Donald J. Trump, is free to begin laying waste to every last republican that crossed him in any way.

I am ready to support and defend the President and will go wherever and whenever called upon for ANYTHING he needs done.

Now the real fight is on. Either we clean house or form a 3rd party. The results of the 2022 election will finalize which way we go.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1533 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
My sense is that the so called democrat 'former prosecutors' (like schiff, swalwell and harris) couldn't successfully investigate or prosecute a parking ticket.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Burr will not run for reelection in 2022
Cassidy up for reelection in 2026
Collins up for for reelection in 2026
Murkowski up for reelection in 2022
Romney up for reelection in 2024
Sasse 2026
Toomey not running in 2022

Pussies.

Posts: 18101 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Trump is like TAKE THAT, BITCHES!!!

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post