SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 ... 1148
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Yes but it simply reinforces the illegitimacy of the current administration and proves that we were right.

This is just the start. I can’t wait until AZ gets through its audit and comes to similar conclusions.

The people have been cheated. And it’s about time we rectify that.

Yes and we need to stay steadfast and see it through to the end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5936 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The impeachment is in my view completely unconstitutional, and stupid and bad for the country on top of that. I heard this morning that Trump's legal team for the impeachment has left. All of them. Supposedly the reason is that Trump wants his defense to be that he was right about the election all along and he really did win. The lawyers all said that's a losing strategy. The lawyers wanted to focus on the constitutionality issues and the issue of whether there was really any incitement. They believe they can prove their was no incitement. They were prepared to give examples of Dems saying crazy stuff (and the violence that followed) and there were no charge of incitement. They say that in the context of an impeachment trial, it will be impossible to prove he really did win the election.

It looks like there will not be enough votes in the Senate for a conviction, regardless. But the consensus of opinion from the talking heads is that this strategy (Trump was right - he really did win) is a loser. That's why the legal team left. He may still be acquitted, but it will make it more difficult for some on the fence moderate Republicans to vote for acquittal.

My own view is that the Republicans do have to focus on election integrity, and to do it with everything they have. But I am not sure that the impeachment trial is the best place to do it. The media will be able to pound all over Trumps arguments, and there will be nobody (in the media) who will push back on it. A state by state strategy will make that more difficult.

Republicans in every state need to raise the election integrity issue whenever and where ever they can. It needs to be done in state legislatures, in the courts, and where ever possible. Most importantly, the best path to progress on the issue is to win back the House and Senate. That means to nominate candidates who can win. Some nut job who says that the fires in California were started by Jewish space lasers, or that the Clintons murdered JFK Jr so he wouldn't run against Hillary, might be able to win in a district in GA, but they won't be able to win any place else.

Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
The impeachment is in my view completely unconstitutional . . . the fires in California were started by Jewish space lasers
  • Unconstitutional? Isn't impeachment a tool for removing a serving official? President Trump is no longer serving; he is now a private citizen. How can a private citizen be impeached? What would they do with this meshuggeneh plan if they were successful? Remove his status as ex-president? Give me a phucken break.

• I didn't know that we had space lasers. Nobody tells me anything. Frown

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I believe the point of this charade is to disqualify Trump from holding any Federal Office in the future. he scares them that much they want to prevent any run for anything in 2024.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[LIST]
  • Unconstitutional? Isn't impeachment a tool for removing a serving official? President Trump is no longer serving; he is now a private citizen. How can a private citizen be impeached? What would they do with this meshuggeneh plan if they were successful? Remove his status as ex-president? Give me a phucken break.[/QUOTE]

In case I didn't make myself clear - you are absolutely correct.
  •  
    Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of cne32507
    posted Hide Post
    Seems to me that Fed161 impugned the intelligence of Georgians. And he is from Jersey?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by cne32507:
    Seems to me that Fed161 impugned the intelligence of Georgians. And he is from Jersey?

Is the average Jersey voter dumber than the average Georgian voter? Absolutely! No defense of Jersey voters from me. Our governor is one the worst in the country. However, the voters in that particular district had a chance in the Republican primary to vote for a solid Trump supporting successful Christian conservative. He came in second. Now the Republican party has to deal with this huge distraction.

But I digress. I don't think the impeachment trial is the place to prove election fraud - or that Trump really won. Why? Because it won't work. I didn't say it shouldn't work. I said it won't work.

Partial dichotomy
    posted Hide Post
    The Trump Comeback Begins: The Plan to Make Trump and America Great Again

I am the author of the bestselling book "TRUMP RULES." My book identifies the top 10 rules that made former President Donald Trump one of the greatest winners in world history in business, branding, real estate, celebrity, television, publishing and politics. Trump is the only person in world history to reach the pinnacle of all of those fields. And the only person to become both a billionaire and president of the United States. It's not a bad resume.

cont....

https://townhall.com/columnist...a9c03&recip=26773771

SIGforum: For all your needs!
    Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39229 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Too old to run,
    too mean to quit!
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    The impeachment is in my view completely unconstitutional, and stupid and bad for the country on top of that. I heard this morning that Trump's legal team for the impeachment has left. All of them. Supposedly the reason is that Trump wants his defense to be that he was right about the election all along and he really did win. The lawyers all said that's a losing strategy. The lawyers wanted to focus on the constitutionality issues and the issue of whether there was really any incitement. They believe they can prove their was no incitement. They were prepared to give examples of Dems saying crazy stuff (and the violence that followed) and there were no charge of incitement. They say that in the context of an impeachment trial, it will be impossible to prove he really did win the election.

It looks like there will not be enough votes in the Senate for a conviction, regardless. But the consensus of opinion from the talking heads is that this strategy (Trump was right - he really did win) is a loser. That's why the legal team left. He may still be acquitted, but it will make it more difficult for some on the fence moderate Republicans to vote for acquittal.

My own view is that the Republicans do have to focus on election integrity, and to do it with everything they have. But I am not sure that the impeachment trial is the best place to do it. The media will be able to pound all over Trumps arguments, and there will be nobody (in the media) who will push back on it. A state by state strategy will make that more difficult.

Republicans in every state need to raise the election integrity issue whenever and where ever they can. It needs to be done in state legislatures, in the courts, and where ever possible. Most importantly, the best path to progress on the issue is to win back the House and Senate. That means to nominate candidates who can win. Some nut job who says that the fires in California were started by Jewish space lasers, or that the Clintons murdered JFK Jr so he wouldn't run against Hillary, might be able to win in a district in GA, but they won't be able to win any place else.

Yes, focus on something already known to the whole world. That will help a lot in fixing this mess. Not really, just being facetious.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mikeyspizza
    posted Hide Post
    Trump should just ignore the whole impeachment scam, like Justice Roberts. Give them the big F.U. No lawyers, don't show up, don't comment, nothing. Let them make fools of themselves. Let his few friends in the Senate fight it. If they convict him, then sue the US Govt for violating the Constitution by trying a normal citizen.

Also, the more time they waste with this the less time to fuck up other things (but they'll eventually find a way).

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I wish Trump would send a lawyer to say that since Mr. Trump cannot be impeached as a private citizen, he must be reinstated as the President of the United States. Then the impeachment may proceed.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3630 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
    Trump should just ignore the whole impeachment scam, like Justice Roberts. Give them the big F.U. No lawyers, don't show up, don't comment, nothing.

Nah. He should roll into the Senate chamber like Ron Livingston in Office Space. Jeans, t-shirt, and flip flops. Stroll in with a coke and a happy meal. Find a seat, kick his feat up on a railing or desk, toss some French fries in his mouth and say, "let's do this."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Conveniently located directly
    above the center of the Earth
    Picture of signewt
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
    He should roll into the Senate chamber like Ron Livingston in Office Space. Jeans, t-shirt, and flip flops. Stroll in with a coke and a happy meal. Find a seat, kick his feat up on a railing or desk, toss some French fries in his mouth and say, "let's do this."

disgree

**************~~~~~~~~~~
    "I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
    ~SIGforum advisor~
    "When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by signewt:

disgree

My goodness. Can't people simply laugh at a joke?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I kneel for my God,
    and I stand for my flag
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:

disgree

Sure, when the joke is funny.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    paradox in a box
    Picture of frayedends
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SIG228:
    quote:
    quote:

disgree

That was actually very funny. Maybe you didn’t see the movie.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Jimbo Jones
    posted Hide Post
    I thought so too

Maybe he should clean some fish while they are spewing their bile... and then just up and leave saying "Ive got somewhere else Id rather be, and since Im out of office already you cant call this sham an impeachment, so good luck with whatever you are doing. Later haters"

quote:
    Originally posted by frayedends:
    quote:
    Originally posted by SIG228:
    quote:
    quote:

disgree

That was actually very funny. Maybe you didn’t see the movie.

---------------------------------------
    It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Thank you
    Very little
    Picture of HRK
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pyker:
    I believe the point of this charade is to disqualify Trump from holding any Federal Office in the future. he scares WE SCARE them that much they want to prevent any run for anything in 2024.

Just made a little modification...

If we're going to have Trump do movie/tv skits, then how about The Otter Defense from Animal house! Tell this to the Limpeachment crewand we all get up and stream out humming the national anthem.... Not sure if they can get the keys to the Beast and modify it like Dorfmans Lincoln though....

Posts: 24238 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Velvet Voicebox
    posted Hide Post
    Joey D
    2/1/21

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    hello darkness
    my old friend
    Picture of gw3971
    posted Hide Post
    Balzé, I thought it was funny.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post