SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
[quote]Per Pedo's statement he is planning an Oval Office address tonight, too.[quote]

They are going to try and regain the momentum that they’ve never had. “The game’s afoot.”

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2798 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not very good on the visuals but as far as the audio goes it is the most telling I have heard so far.

At 14sec in you can hear what I assume is the shooter firing three shots followed by a rapid fire five round string. Immediately followed up by a single shot that I assume is from a counter sniper. At around 30sec it sounds like our guy sent one over for good measure.

Posts: 787 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Your assessment sounds pretty close.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16900 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I agree that, on reflection, the rate of fire was not feasible with a bolt action; I just posted that as a comment to the original post, along with a request for a source for the information.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
..that the shooter's rifle was an Accuracy International AXSR.

The Internet version of the "telephone game". There's talk online about what the SS guys are shooting, someone probably read some of that, repeated it in part, and by the time it came out the other end..."

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Stupid gamer adolescents talking shit. Little bastards need to be lined up and have the ever-loving shit slapped out of them.

They've never even seen a rifle like that, much less handled one or are able to speak authoritatively about them.

This is one of the poorer aspects of the internet. Little bastards sitting in their bedroom in mom's house, trying to come across like adults.

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/SpartaJustice/st.../1812277730102419462

I watched this several times trying figure out the what the spray was at about the 16 second mark on this video.

Seems one of the shooters rounds hit the hydraulic line of the fork lift type piece of equipment. My guess is hydraulic fluid spraying out as the boom (or whatever it is called) with the forks drops down from resulting loss of pressure.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11220 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
this guy is interesting, he was with Trump yesterday. has some provocative insight regarding a lot of things, and also makes an ominous prediction about what's in store for Biden if he refuses to get out....they're gonna whack him and blame Trump supporters

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
I watched this several times trying figure out the what the spray was at about the 16 second mark on this video.

Seems one of the shooters rounds hit the hydraulic line of the fork lift type piece of equipment. My guess is hydraulic fluid spraying out as the boom (or whatever it is called) with the forks drops down from resulting loss of pressure.

Nice. I was wondering about that, too.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16900 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m horrified to think what the nation would be like today if the shooter had been successful. Could you imagine the horror and chaos with a head shot and pink mist playing over and over.

It’s almost too much to think of the fall out from his death would have caused.

Again, I’m grateful that he survived and saddened by the innocent lives lost and permanently altered.

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I was at my niece's baby shower yesterday in Hill County at my buddy's rural home. A few minutes after the shooting, he rushed up to me outside and told me Trump was shot "with a bullet to the head". I freaked, tears coming to my eyes and I ran inside the house to find my wife who has a smartphone, there were about 50 people inside, no TV on. Found her with my buddy's wife, both hysterical, but one of them found news on a smartphone that Trump was still alive and possibly had his ear torn off by a fired round. But for a couple of minutes, I thought Trump was dead or gravely injured, I haven't been that scared in a long time. But I truly believe it was God's intervention, with that quick turn of the head, that kept Trump alive. Got back to our hotel late in the night and was glued to Fox for a couple of hours.

My takeaways- we all knew Trump was a badass, but yesterday cemented it, the man is at the top of the food chain of badassery, the real deal. And the crowd did not panic and stampede for the few exits there, they stood by Trump until they knew he was alive. And Dan Bongino is right- Kim Cheatle did refuse extra S.S. protection for Trump earlier in the year and last year as well, since he is easily the Number One target for political assassination in the world. This is not a knock on field agents, but I would not doubt Cheatle, a DEI proponent, was more motivated by politics than real safety concerns. She should resign tomorrow.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
also, it seems there were many people who had no problem spotting the shooter on the roof and tried to get the attention of security with no success - yeah they did a great job

Being, evidently, outside the perimeter, I wonder if any of those people were armed.

Posts: 20564 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
^^^^ well X is gonna be whipped into a frenzie for several days over this, so maybe we'll find out more about the witnesses

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Latest headline on the NewsX video news crawl says the FBI has yet to determine a motive

Why in the fuck are they wasting their time to figure out a motive

Have they not been paying attention? Oh yeah, the FBI is part of the problem. They don’t want to find a motive because anyone connecting the dots
will find the FBI is one of the dots

Posts: 53786 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
No one in Biden's inept administration resigns, and no one gets fired.

They clearly promote incompetence.

Yesterday was strange. I lost power and cable/internet at 2 PM, expecting it was just a heat related brownout. Turns out a semi truck hit a pole outside the subdivision that routes all power and telecom cables, and it took the power company until 10 PM to get power on, and until noon today to get cable/internet.

So I was on iPhones and using backup batteries all night to keep up with what was happening.

I had a strong feeling this would happen at some point. The TDS rhetoric was too over-the-top. This is the first shots fired at a President since Reagan, which I remember hearing over the intercom in elementary school. That's 43 years ago.

I am aghast at the failure of the USSS to secure a rooftop within close range of President Trump, and their failure to heed witnesses that SAW THE SHOOTER CLIMB UP ONTO THE ROOF WITH A RIFLE. Biden's administration is punctuated by incompetence at all levels, and this is just the latest example. We all know BHO is in charge and calling the shots. I can only conclude that he is trying to destroy the USA so he can implement a marxist state. BHO was the true Manchurian Candidate of our litetimes.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Latest headline on the NewsX video news crawl says the FBI has yet to determine a motive

Why in the fuck are they wasting their time to figure out a motive

Have they not been paying attention? Oh yeah, the FBI is part of the problem. They don’t want to find a motive because anyone connecting the dots
will find the FBI is one of the dots

Is motive really that hard of a puzzle?

Somebody shoots gun at someone else’s head, why? Maybe cause they want to kill the person?

Why do they want to kill the person? Maybe because they don’t like or disagree with the person?

Ain’t rocket science…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11220 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
…Cheatle, should resign tomorrow.

She should be fired for incompetence, and fired in such a way she can never again work in the government.

Not even as a fertilizer taster in the Department of Agriculture.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32006 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I'm not well versed in rifles and scopes, having only 24 hours or so of formal training on an AR platform with a dot. But what I'm reading online from pundits concerning the counter sniper team on the roof is bugging me, so I figured asking here makes sense.

Zones of fire are not just left to right (degrees) but also include distance and elevation. After watching the video the first time, I thought the counter sniper freaked out and knocked the tripod out of whack.

The second time I heard the audio, I had a different take. I think the counter sniper on the tripod was looking for a possible threat at a higher elevation and/or further away. I think there were communications happening trying to define where the threat was, and if if it was a threat.

The counter sniper on the tripod quickly looked up immediately before the shots were fired to get a better overall view (maybe). Then, the tripod was purposefully adjusted for a lower and closer shot. Does this make sense?

The counter snipers look to be about 20 to 21-feet above ground level (1365' elevation). The shooter was found on that rooftop at about 1357' elevation, and the building behind was at 1368' elevation.

The video does not make it clear if that team took the shooter out or if it was someone else.

There are so many pundits - including well-known "conservatives" saying the team "had him in their sites and did nothing." I'm disgusted at those comments since I don't think they know WTF they are talking about.

I also think they were trying to determine whether it was just someone on a roof outside the perimeter or a real threat. The comments about the shooter being "ignored" is also bothering me. As I noted, I'm thinking there was communications going on trying to figure out what was happening on a roof in that area.

Concerning elevation and distance, the building directly behind the shooter seems to be at least one story higher (12') than the building roof he was on. There is also a water tower to the left of the shooter, but it seems at least 45-degrees to the right of the building from the counter sniper's position. There is nothing to the north higher than the building behind the shooter that is at a higher elevation. (Google Earth will show you the difference between the elevation each building.)

https://x.com/realErikDPrince/.../1812538250931642534
(That link is Erik Prince's post on the wind yesterday and some other comments including his comment about the counter sniper...)

quote:
The law enforcement sniper (unclear if USSS) in newsreels was clearly overwhelmed as his face came off his rifle instead of doing his job to kill the shooter. Clearly they were watching the shooter but apparently have a no "first shot" policy. The only positive action was an apparent 488yd shot by one USSS sniper which despatched the assasin but after the assassin launched at least 5 rounds, wounding DJT and killing and severely others in the crowd.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 5025 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Would it be considered treasonous if she intentionally denied augmented protection levels knowing that current levels were insufficient for the threat level?

Is it just incompetence or is it worse?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13087 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post