SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... 923
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
On hannity they said according to the Geneva conventions, prisoners can’t be forced to sleep on concrete floors, well at least officially.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Not surprising....Par for the course it seems. Unfortunately those in power in the US seem to Hate Americans, and REALLY Hate America! Frown

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8925 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
The troops will be fine. A cold parking garage will give them something legit to bitch about. It's probably just poor planning...the political critters were terrified and thought they might need to be rescued from the deplorables. Filling the Capital with troops was the objective...not efficient utilization of resources.

Lol...my son (Marine Reserves) said those digs were better than most of his drill weekends.

He routinely sleeps on the floor of the armory the night before since he has such a long drive.
They've sprung for a hotel room one time in the last year.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2919 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Tiger:

To answer your question: ....

Thanks. I agree on Hannity. I love the guy and what he does to stand up for America, but the yelling matches got old a long time ago.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Hannity definitely has not sold out....

Thanks, David. I agree.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sadly Hannity has become, at least for me, despite being solidly in the pro-MAGA camp, the "department of redundancy department" and thus, irritating at best to listen to Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16244 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This impeachment trial talk in the Senate is quite bizarre to me. It seems so ridiculous. How can they possibly have an impeachment trial when the President is already out of office? Seriously, wtf? Does that mean that Republicans can one day impeach Obama and then convict him in the Senate for all the actual crimes he committed in office? This is beyond nonsense.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This impeachment trial talk in the Senate is quite bizarre to me. It seems so ridiculous. How can they possibly have an impeachment trial when the President is already out of office? Seriously, wtf? Does that Republicans can one day impeach Obama and then convict him in the Senate for all the actual crimes he committed in office? This is beyond nonsense.

I don’t think it’s going to fly, I’m already hearing discussion that Democrats are getting cold feet about it and are downplaying any talk of it.

It’s very bizarre; to me it’s like when the body of Oliver Cromwell was dug up and executed like 10 years after he died, or the Pope that had one of his long-dead predecessors exhumed and put on trial and declared guilty and executed.

I don’t even think this is Constitutional and would be declared as such by the SCOTUS.

Posts: 33833 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Their touchdown was allowed to stand after a lengthy inconclusive review, now the elaborate spiking of the ball they planned just feels all wrong.....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Sadly Hannity has become, at least for me, despite being solidly in the pro-MAGA camp, the "department of redundancy department" and thus, irritating at best to listen to Smile

And, at least for me, he sounds like he's always yelling.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t count on SCOTUS ruling on an impeachment.

I don’t think we can count on them for anything. Certainly not anything of substance. They already proved that their lacking in integrity.

Posts: 53206 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love how Trump replies back to Schumer on this video. Enjoy and God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3071 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This impeachment trial talk in the Senate is quite bizarre to me. It seems so ridiculous. How can they possibly have an impeachment trial when the President is already out of office? Seriously, wtf? Does that mean that Republicans can one day impeach Obama and then convict him in the Senate for all the actual crimes he committed in office? This is beyond nonsense.

Back on page 678 of this thread, there is a great video posted with Alan Dershowitz explaining how wildly unconstitutional it is. He cites prior rulings as well as actual passages from the Constitution itself. Basically, once the President is out of office at 12 noon, he becomes a regular citizen again and Congress does not hold jurisdiction over regular citizens. They can only have a trial on someone holding a federal office. If they push this, Trump would simply go to the courts and have it all nullified.

Posts: 563 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to be an asshole, it just comes naturally, but whether or not the troops in the capital are suffering is irrelevant. The Dems dropped the ball on this. We should be screeching from the rooftops. This is how the left has played everything from day one.

Truth(soldiers have had it worse)doesn't matter. Florida and Texas are ordering their Guard units back because it's "inhuman" treatment. They are playing it correctly. Embarrass the Dems at every turn. Average Joe American sitting at home with no clue about what our troops deal with will and are listening. Twatter has been running this all day and every Dem who says "they're fine" are looking like assholes. If we have a chance to take the narrative we should run with it.
The high road of truth and common sense has not served us well. Let's stop holding our heads high while they strangle us. We won't beat them with truth, but with control of the narrative.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
I'm not trying to be an asshole, it just comes naturally, but whether or not the troops in the capital are suffering is irrelevant. The Dems dropped the ball on this. We should be screeching from the rooftops. This is how the left has played everything from day one.

Truth(soldiers have had it worse)doesn't matter. Florida and Texas are ordering their Guard units back because it's "inhuman" treatment. They are playing it correctly. Embarrass the Dems at every turn. Average Joe American sitting at home with no clue about what our troops deal with will and are listening. Twatter has been running this all day and every Dem who says "they're fine" are looking like assholes. If we have a chance to take the narrative we should run with it.
The high road of truth and common sense has not served us well. Let's stop holding our heads high while they strangle us. We won't beat them with truth, but with control of the narrative.
And keep hammering that Rep Cawthorn brought them pizza and Trump opened his hotel to them.

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
^Yep

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:

Excellent post.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Glenn Reynolds had a short but interesting post on Instapundit from a friend; I hope you will find it as thought-provoking as I did:

quote:
MAIL FROM A FRIEND:

"Trump showed that the annihilation of the American middle class was not the result of inevitable forces. Technological change and globalization are not weather or the movement of tectonic plates. The economy, and who gets what from whom, is embedded in political choices. Who pays the costs and who reaps the benefits are political choices. Who is crushed by the legal system and who benefits from it, and who is insulated from it, are also political choices. Trump will never be forgiven for showing normal people that their destruction, and the enrichment of other people, who despise everything that they love, believe in, and care about, is a policy decision. Trump showed other choices are possible.

Having seen once how it actually works, we can never unsee it.

That is Trump’s greatest achievement."

Indeed, and it won’t be forgotten.
Posted at 10:57 pm by Glenn Reynolds

Posts: 18083 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Forwarding.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8354 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and then, there is this:

"Articles of Impeachment Have Officially Been Filed Against Joe Biden

Firebrand freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene announced Thursday that she filed articles of impeachment against President Joe Biden on his first full day in office.

“I just filed articles of impeachment on President Joe Biden,” the Georgia Republican said in a video she posted on Twitter."

https://www.westernjournal.com...tm_campaign=topdaily

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post