SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 922
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19585 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Is this now the "what are you drinking thread" or what?

Looks like alcoholics advertising what they imbibe. !

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The venue for President Donald Trump’s political rally in Minnesota scheduled for Friday will be restricted to only 250 people after Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison put pressure on the business owners of multiple locations.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...nnesota-trump-rally/

The rally was initially planned at the Rochester airport, but Ellison’s office demanded a “COVID preparedness plan” from officials from the City of Rochester, Olmsted County, and the Rochester airport, as well as the Republican National Committee to ensure the event was safe.

The event was then moved to Dodge Center, prompting Ellison’s office to ask the Trump campaign and the owner of the building McNeilus Steel for their “COVID Preparedness Plan.”

That prompted the Trump campaign to move the event again, back to the airport.

“Thanks to the free speech-stifling dictates of Gov. Tim Walz and Attorney General Keith Ellison, only the first 250 people will be admitted,” the campaign said in a statement sent late Thursday night.

“Without question, Minnesota Democrats had hoped that the President would simply cancel the event, but he will not allow partisan politicians to deprive people of their First Amendment rights to gather peacefully to hear directly from the President of the United States,” the statement continued.

Trump supporters volunteering for the event immediately expressed their outrage on social media when they found out from organizers that the rally location was canceled. Comparisons were made with the large crowds of protesters last summer over the death of George Floyd.

Minnesota Republican chairwoman Jennifer Carnahan called out Ellison and Gov. Tim Waltz for suppressing the First Amendment right to free assembly.

“Suppression. Interference with our first amendment rights,” she wrote on Twitter. “This is what Gov Tim Walz and Attorney General Keith Ellison are doing by abusing the power of their offices to block us from seeing our President!”

Having Trump supporters show up in the tens of thousands for the event, and walk right into the venue with the local police simply standing by and observing as they were instructed to do in the GF lootfest would be awesome.....

Afterall it is a protest, protected under 1A

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Trump in Green Bay right now. I wonder if Brett Favre will make an appearance. Cool

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Turley has some great insight on Florida and the national popular vote. He starts slowly for the first few minutes, but it is worth your time. (Skip to the 5:35 mark)

Here are the early-vote totals by party that he is referencing in Florida. Biden is slightly behind in Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties. Both counties had Hillary up by huge numbers in the early voting 4 years ago.

Turley makes some excellent points but he is speaking about the In Person Early Vote and ignores the Mail In Early Vote. According to an article on Fox News published earlier today:

"Meanwhile, Democrats who mailed in their ballots in the county nearly doubled that of Republicans, 208,803 to 116,040."

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...publicans-miami-2020

That doesn't look good, but it's not that bad. A higher percentage of the Dems have already voted in Democrat strongholds so Republicans, who've made up most of the registration gap over the Democrats in the past four years, should be able to make up the difference in Republican areas and in election day voting. Statewide in 2016, Republicans made up about 201,000 votes on election day.

In addition, with Latinos voting for Trump in higher percentages than they did for Hillary in 2016, Trump's chances are even better as long as Independents split between Trump and Biden along approximately expected lines.

With the exception of 1992 (Perot as spoiler), Florida has voted with the eventual winner in every election since at least 1980.

Vote Trump!

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2107 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
Nancy Pelosi: Biden will win ‘whatever the end count is on Tuesday’

The modern version of this....

Two heartbeats away from the Presidency sits lunacy.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

pelosi has been day drinking again.
She showed her hand to early. What a dumbass.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I have IBEW buddy's, the union has supported Trump in 2016 and again in 2020. At least their local.

Thats hard to believe considering National IBEW is supporting Biden.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Can't remember the last time Minnesota was actually considered among the swing states. I firmly believe Trump flips the state this time.

I absolutely believe it.

In 2016, Hillary barely won Minn. by 44,000 votes. 3rd party alternatives to Trump (Johnson, McMullen) sponged 175,000 votes away from him. 3rd party this year will be a blip on the radar.

And now this Cool

quote:
Responding to a decision by a federal court that confirmed absentee ballots in Minnesota must be received by 8 p.m. on Election Day, Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) scrambled to mobilize voters.

Commenting on the decision, Republican state Rep. Eric Lucero said, “The court was clear: ‘There is no pandemic exception to the Constitution.’

After putting the fear of COVID-19 into their voters and convincing them to vote by mail, the Democrat party in Minnesota is finding itself forced to do a 180 degree turn by asking people to vote in person.

Klobuchar, one of America’s top Democrats, frantically told Minnesotans, “BREAKING: Because of LAST MINUTE ruling, Minnesota DO NOT put ballots in mail any more. In the middle of a pandemic, the Republican Party is doing everything to make it hard for you to vote. Stand up for YOUR rights: Vote in-person or take mail-in ballot directly to ballot box.”

Link

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Are you guys getting excited yet?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7072 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Pretty fair analysis of what is wrong with projections and trying to insert some objectivity into the electoral college on Nov. 4th. That and a $1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee Wink

Projections

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
It is funny to see how the Dems are wetting themselves and crapping their pants here in Florida because their "stronghold" of Miami-Dade county does not seem to be going their way! Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Can anybody keep up w all the Trump campaign stops ?

he wears me out reading about them.

Posts: 19585 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thousands of Ballots in Pennsylvania May Be Missing: Officials

Thousands call Pennsylvania county about requested ballots that never arrived

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...reaking-2020-10-30-3

Thousands of voters in Butler County, Pennsylvania, said have they never received their ballots.

Nearly 40,000 registered voters in the county requested mail-in ballots, but only about 24 percent of them have been returned back to the county so far, authorities said.

“At first we thought that maybe it just was a delay in the postal system” due to the high number of requests, Leslie Osche, chair of the Butler County commissioners, was quoted by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette as saying. “And that could still be the case. But nonetheless, when we realized that, we changed our strategy and now have begun to tell folks that if they haven’t received a ballot, they still have multiple options.”

“Our main focus—because it’s too late now to worry about this—we need to make sure we get these people their ballots,” Osche added.

A U.S. Postal Service (USPS) spokesperson told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the agency is “unaware of any significant delays or issues and is in regular contact with the Board of Election as we work to locate and deliver ballots as they are presented to us.” As of Tuesday, voters in Pennsylvania cannot apply for a mail-in or absentee ballot.

A local county official, Aaron Sheasley, told CNN Friday that the county has received more than 10,000 phone calls about information related to the ballots that were requested but not received.

“Somewhere between the post office and the Pittsburgh sorting facility something happened,” Sheasley told the network. “We don’t know what.” He added: “We haven’t given out any numbers” about the number of missing ballots “because we simply don’t know.”

Speaking to CNN, Chuck Bugar, president of the American Postal Workers Union Pittsburgh chapter, said there is no record that suggests the missing ballots in Butler County made it to a Postal Service facility.

“There’s no pile of ballots that have been taken from the Butler County election committee that are sitting around,” Bugar said. “There’s no record or indication that they entered the mail stream. There’s paperwork that goes along with it.”

Butler County voted for President Donald Trump over Democrat rival Hillary Clinton in 2016 about 66 percent to 29 percent. The county is located north of Pittsburgh and has approximately 150,000 registered voters. In 2020, both Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden have been holding events and rallies, vying to secure the key battleground state with 20 electoral votes.

The county told the Post-Gazette that voters can come to the Bureau of Elections and vote in person, provide them with identification, and officials will then give them a new mail-in ballot that a voter can return immediately. The original ballot that was mailed will be voided.

They also said that voters can vote at a local polling place in the county. Other alternatives are also provided.

Posts: 12697 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Don’t tell us that you are getting tired of winning? Big Grin

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Today, he starts a 17 rally tour until the election.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Are you guys getting excited yet?

Oh yeah Cool

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
gotta luv it!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...90U&feature=emb_logo

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16228 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Haha, perfect.

But you know the left is furiously trying to identify and dox that patriot right now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^^ I can't see

Posts: 5334 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post