SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
10/26/20

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Fox story about “Can I change my vote” trending on Google:

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...hat-you-need-to-know

It peaked this morning at 6 am ET. Interesting the areas that are make the search - Delaware, Maine, Pennsylvania, Florida, Ohio, Michigan, North Carolina, Wisconsin, and Arizona.

Many battleground areas - what has changed over the past 4-5 days? The last debate? Hunter Biden Laptop story gaining traction maybe?

Anyone else see this as a positive sign for DJT?

I’ve always been against extended “early voting” periods. I can see maybe a 4-5 day window to be responsive to varying schedules since we have become a 24/7 society. Too much chance of things happening in the 6 weeks leading up to the election that people are voting when everything may still be very fluid.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11225 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think we should have a 2 day holiday specifically for voting. You vote In that window unless you have documented extenuating circumstances. That’s my take.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7882 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I think we should have a 2 day holiday specifically for voting. You vote In that window unless you have documented extenuating circumstances. That’s my take.

Just have voting day on the freaking weekend.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30933 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many battleground areas - what has changed over the past 4-5 days? The last debate? Hunter Biden Laptop story gaining traction maybe?

Anyone else see this as a positive sign for DJT?

Yes, I do.
It's not Trump voters who suddenly want to change!
And if 1/3 of the electorate has already voted, that means 2/3 have not. I'm sure the momentum since the second debate is in Trump's direction.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24614 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just have voting day on the freaking weekend.

Fair enough...... but I want couple days off....”COME ON MAN!!” Razz

Posts: 7882 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
How the hell do you change your vote?

Posts: 53809 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
How the hell do you change your vote

Vote early......VOTE OFTEN. Smile

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

Apparently it's allowed in numerous states.

ETA: Trump likes the idea!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30933 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I have the same question. Once a ballot has been put in the ballot box (in-person voting) there is no way to identify who cast it. I guess they'd just take the word of the voter and subtract a vote for whomever the original was for and add one to the new choice. I don't see how they could know the truth. What if a vote was originally made for Biden, but the voter said he wanted to change his vote from Trump to Biden? If done, he'd have voted twice for Biden and canceled someone else's vote for Trump. That's fraud, in anyone's book.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Lincoln Project is an extreme group of AntiTrumpers.

I just saw their latest ad and broke out laughing.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1320914662670667776

Are these people serious ?

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I don't know about all states, but here we have the ballot in an inner sealed envelope. And there is an outer envelope.

The voters name is on the envelopes, but once the ballot is removed from the sealed envelope, no name can be associated w the ballot.

So if the sealed envelope has not been opened, you could retrieve the unopened ballot. And then vote again.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I don't know about all states, but here we have the ballot in an inner sealed envelope. And there is an outer envelope.

The voters name is on the envelopes, but once the ballot is removed from the sealed envelope, no name can be associated w the ballot.

So if the sealed envelope has not been opened, you could retrieve the unopened ballot. And then vote again.

And many states do not allow opening of ballots until election day.

One exception i know is New Jersey who was just given permission to start opening ballots and counting them early. Perfect for democrats to know how many more votes they'll need on election day. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow, that was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

For those too lazy to look up that twatter link, it shows a concerned (presumably) liberal mother waking her 12-yr old son. The conversation goes like this:

Mother: Hon, you wanted me to wake you to tell you how the election went.
Son: Who won?
Mother. Trump. Trump won (with most depressed delivery possible, as if she were giving her son a terminal cancer verdict).
Son: (confused, fearful) I thought he could only be president two times?
Mother: (with even more somber tone) Not any more.
Then there was some sort of chanting in the background resembling the old Nazi rallies. I couldn't make it out - it sounded like "No more years" or something. . .

I mean, they are SERIOUSLY trying to panic the American public into voting President Trump out over some contrived 'concern' that he will appoint himself dictator-for-life or something.

At least they have admitted to themselves that he will definitely win this election, though. . . Big Grin

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21923 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:

That only works for mail-in voting.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
That only works for mail-in voting.
Actually, in regards to absentee ballots and not necessarily "mail-in", prior to this kerfuffle most states didn't open those outer envelopes until election day. At least that's what the county clerk told me, here in AL, just a week or so ago.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6369 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Wow, that was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

For those too lazy to look up that twatter link, it shows a concerned (presumably) liberal mother waking her 12-yr old son. The conversation goes like this:

Mother: Hon, you wanted me to wake you to tell you how the election went.
Son: Who won?
Mother. Trump. Trump won (with most depressed delivery possible, as if she were giving her son a terminal cancer verdict).
Son: (confused, fearful) I thought he could only be president two times?
Mother: (with even more somber tone) Not any more.
Then there was some sort of chanting in the background resembling the old Nazi rallies. I couldn't make it out - it sounded like "No more years" or something. . .

I mean, they are SERIOUSLY trying to panic the American public into voting President Trump out over some contrived 'concern' that he will appoint himself dictator-for-life or something.

At least they have admitted to themselves that he will definitely win this election, though. . . Big Grin

It was "four more years"...which was presumably recorded audio from a Trump re-election rally.

And, yes, that was the most pathetically sad ad ever.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

And, yes, that was the most pathetically sad ad ever.

Who do they think the President is? FDR?

Cool

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21923 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin I know it is supposed to be serious and scare you but I laughed too! Big Grin

Hell that might make me vote twice! Eek

Posts: 23217 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post