SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 923
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Businesses need to stay out of politics.

One would think they'd instinctively know that, would they not? But, no: Apparently they do not.

Two Michigan breweries recently came out in public, vocal support of Harris/Biden. I like craft beer. It's all I buy. And I prefer to buy Brewed In Michigan. But these two breweries, Harmony Brewing Co. and Mitten Brewing Co., will never see a dime of my money.
You need to tell them that. They need to know that you are not buying their beer, and WHY. Just avoiding their product won't be noticed.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have never had the interest to examine political (and other) polls in depth, but I am aware enough to understand a couple/three key facts about them. The first is that I suspect if pollsters have no agendas about the outcomes themselves, they attempt to use mathematics (statistics) to get what they believe are representative samples of the populations they’re interested in. That’s good, and as far as the mathematics take them that aspect of polling is probably valid.

But even leaving aside the agenda aspect that seems obvious in almost all political polling, there is the fact that pollsters will be the last to make the self-damaging admission that many people don’t tell the truth when polled about countless topics—perhaps almost every one: “I know I should floss every day, but I don’t want to admit that I don’t, even to a stranger, so, ‘Yes, I floss my teeth every evening before bed.’” Political polling is even worse because the topics are far more sensitive and polls themselves are recognized as having their own impacts. How many times has someone here said that he told a poll taker he was voting exactly opposite of what he intended? “If I say I’m voting for Biden, it might reduce the Democrat turnout while motivating the Republicans.”

The problem for pollsters is that there seems to be no way to keep many people from lying to them, or at least no way that they want to adopt. I read a scientific paper once that described a method that improved respondents’ truthfulness, but I’ve never seen it adopted and I don’t even recall its details. Even a brief Internet search failed to turn it up. There is a lot of information acknowledging that poll respondents lie and why, but little or nothing about how to truly prevent lying. So then what? There is no way to prevent the problem, so pollsters and their (sometimes ignorant) clients simply ignore it. The pollsters aren’t going to shut themselves down and their results are accurate enough often enough that people keep buying the product even though it’s often spectacularly flawed.

If the President is reelected will that spell the end of political polling? Of course not, no more than after the 2016 election.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall Frank Luntz was either banned from polling or asked to leave the UK in 2016 because he was not a genuine pollster and (we) all laughed like a drain...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am disappointed in the lack of Republican support in the Mississippi Senate Race. There are constant attack ads by Mike Espy the Democratic candidate. During one half hour I counted six of the same commericial. Espy is a Clinton appointee who has been accused of taking illegal gifts on several occasions. He was acquited. Cindy Hyde-Smith is the incumbent and I think the Republicans think she has it in the bag with a one point lead. We used to have strong voice in Washington ie Thad Cochran and Trent Lott. These folks do not come close.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
If Trump loses the election, it will be because of election fraud... which all seems teed up in critical Pennsylvania:

No Signature Match? No Postmark? No Problemo! It's This Week in Ballot Shenanigans!

When last we left you, Dear Reader, we were dumpster-diving for ballots, navigating the depths of a 15-yard box for the 100 stale beer and coffee ground-stained ballots dumped by some malevolent (or lazy) postal worker in Kentucky. This week, another 99 ballots and hundreds of pieces of first-class mail were found dumped by yet another postal worker, this one in New Jersey.

Both ballot-tossing layabouts are being prosecuted by the feds, but it’s unknown at this point if this is their first ballot-tossing caper or just their latest ballot-tossing caper.

It’s hard to judge what’s worse, some disgruntled postal worker tossing ballots or Pennsylvania accepting and counting all ballots – even ones that have no identifying information, the right postmark, and mailed after the election.

We’ll start with the story that made headlines recently when Pennsylvania authorities tossed out 372,000 ballot applications.

Far from disenfranchising voters, we are assured by Pennsylvania officials that 90% of the applications were duplicates due to confused voters signing up at multiple places and with different groups, according to Just the News. Hmm.

Federal and state court actions this week have amplified the warning issued by the CEO of the polling firm Trafalgar Group, Robert Cahaly. Cahaly predicted Trump could win the state but could very well have it stolen from him through election fraud.

" I believe Pennsylvania to be the number one state that Trump could win and have stolen from him through voter fraud. Pennsylvania has had a lot of voter fraud over the years and giving people unsolicited absentee ballots is literally like giving voter fraud operations steroids. I think it’s the state he’s most likely to win and not get the votes from. "

And when you find out about the allowable ballot chicanery you’ll understand why Cahaly is concerned.

On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court considered an appeal by Republicans to stay a Pennsylvania state Supreme Court ruling allowing ballots to be received and counted up to three days after the election. Since the U.S. Supreme Court was deadlocked 4-4 because John Roberts joined the liberal justices, and because there’s no 9th justice, the court allowed the ruling by the state court to stand. The coups de grace is that ballots will be received and counted “even if they don’t have a clear postmark, as long as there is not proof it was mailed after the polls closed.” That means unless you affirmatively saw Joe Blow physically submitting his ballot and got photographic proof of the actual ballot, there’s nothing that will stand in the way of that ballot being counted. Three days after the election. Without a clear postmark. Holy balls.

Republicans said, hey, wait a minute. Federal statute sets the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November as Election Day. Dia. Which has the same number of syllables as uno. One. Day. Remember when Trump tossed out the idea that maybe Election Day could be moved, instead of all the states changing their election rules for coronavirus to include the mail-in ballots? Remember the outrage? Those critics have scattered to the corners.

But, there’s more! Remember the signature on the ballot that is checked against voter registrations to supposedly ensure voter integrity? Take a seat.

Another Pennsylvania state Supreme Court ruling on Friday held that the signatures on the registration and the ballot don’t have to match. In September, Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar issued guidance that election workers would do no signature matching. The GOP sued to stop her, but Friday’s ruling seems to have settled the issue unless it goes back to John Roberts and the liberal wing of SCOTUS again. All this chicanery to fight COVID-19.

The GOP and Trump campaign sued the largest county in Nevada on Friday to prevent the separation of the ballot from its envelope until GOP election observers can get a better look at the ballots. The issue stems from Clark County, where 70% of the state’s residents reside. The GOP says local officials were preventing poll watchers from observing the processing of votes by keeping them 25 feet away and therefore cannot “meaningfully observe” the process.

https://pjmedia.com/election/v...shenanigans-n1083304

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24145 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
quote:

One would think they'd instinctively know that, would they not? But, no: Apparently they do not.

Two Michigan breweries recently came out in public, vocal support of Harris/Biden. I like craft beer. It's all I buy. And I prefer to buy Brewed In Michigan. But these two breweries, Harmony Brewing Co. and Mitten Brewing Co., will never see a dime of my money.
You need to tell them that. They need to know that you are not buying their beer, and WHY. Just avoiding their product won't be noticed.

flashguy

Agreed. They should stick to what they know- making beer. Stay the hell out of politics.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17288 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Rogue and Deschutes Brewery will never see another dime of my money over their support for BLM and ANTIFA.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Plot Against The President
I just watched this movie on Amazon.

If you have prime, like many here do, it's 1.5hrs of time well spent.

If you've been following the Clinton email and Steele dossier threads on here, you probably already know much of the material. The ongoing problem with following threads like these is that when matters as convoluted as this, with its many webs, gets put into text format, it becomes very hard to follow in very short order.

People like SDY and a few others seem to be able to track and distill things down somewhat, but it's just awfully complicated to follow at times.

Regardless, I highly recommend watching the movie, it's well produced and presented.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The people that should be watching it vote blue regardless of the mounting evidence...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Regardless, I highly recommend watching the movie, it's well produced and presented.

I know enough about this disgusting affair that I don't care to wallow in the minutia of the detail of it all to only become more frustrated and infuriated over it. The only thing that's left that will surprise me about this any longer is if something of any significance actually gets done about it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8536 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Pollster Frank Luntz: If Trump defies polls again 'my profession is done'[/b]

Well Frank...there’s always McDonalds Big Grin

Saw what you did there Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
UFC Champ Jorge Masvidal

I saw this a couple days ago...Excellent!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
UFC Champ Jorge Masvidal

[video]
Hmmmm. I doubt ole Jorge has a degree from Harvard or Yale yet he makes his points far more eloquently and simply than any of these worthless politicians. I hope the Latino community listens to him and they come out in force for the 'Coach'.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1320040690471022595

video at link

more Biden nonsense

Posts: 19590 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I only had time to watch half of the movie "The Plot Against the President"

Will finish it soon. But already it is obvious this is an excellent piece of work. I would urge everyone to watch it.

I learned several things I didn't know, and it does provide a media that can be much more "understandable" than text.

stoic-one's post above is spot on. thanks for sharing.

Posts: 19590 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife likes to watch CBS Sunday Morning. They just did a piece on what other countries think of Trump. The result is predictable. They then followed with concrete statements of fact like “ Russia meddled in the 2016 election and Trump won”. “Russia is doing it again”. “Europeans are unhappy with Trump and the rest of the world not unjustifiably looks at us with scorn”

And a startling number of Americans listen to that and say “see I told you so” and vote for Biden.

Posts: 776 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm glad many countries aren't happy with Trump. Most are pissed because he's cutting off their hand outs from us.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
My wife likes to watch CBS Sunday Morning. They just did a piece on what other countries think of Trump. The result is predictable. They then followed with concrete statements of fact like “ Russia meddled in the 2016 election and Trump won”. “Russia is doing it again”. “Europeans are unhappy with Trump and the rest of the world not unjustifiably looks at us with scorn”

And a startling number of Americans listen to that and say “see I told you so” and vote for Biden.

CBS Sunday Morning is an ultra liberal show, so nothing new. I stopped watching after its Conservative founding journalist retired decades ago. A startling number of Americans are dumb as rocks and our education system has become a Commie indoctrination system. Time for the President to tear it down and start anew.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't want other countries to "like" us. I want them to fear us. That's how you achieve peace.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post