SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 973
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
How many formal debates have you participated in?
Just what exactly is your problem? Do you have a reading comprehension issue? You're about to really piss me off.

Nothing, actually.

Nothing wrong with reading comprehension either.

I have, though, sat through many debate. I have been in debates where I really thought the moderator was and acted one-sided.

Though he be liberal, Wallace was still fair and as a moderator and, asked unbiased questions. IMO

Trump did start interrupting and kept it up. (That is Trump's quality and something Biden could not keep up with.) Wallace politely and respectfully, called him out on it - as a good moderator should.

But Trump is not a career politician either. Wink

Oh and Wallace calling out Biden - more than a few gems in there.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14070 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
There’s a German verb that describes this:
Aneinandervorbeireden - to talk past each other.

Well said, Doc!

*thread drift* BTW, I have next to no knowledge of German. How many syllables are in that word? 8?
I count 8.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27909 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
LS1 GTO, I want you to be quiet. Can you do that for me?

Posts: 108211 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
LS1 GTO, I want you to be quiet. Can you do that for me?

K

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14070 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23781 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
..IMO...

I'm sure in Wallace's opinion, he too thought he was unbiased.

There's the rub, he most certainly was biased and that willful blindness is what makes him a problem for our country. Do we really need a point by point analysis to demonstrate his bias. No and that's not splitting hairs. Wallace has given the criminal Old Media bastards exactly what they wanted.

**edit** I was posting and see you've dropped out of the thread, Para please delete this as you see fit.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8415 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19678 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Let’s face it: this was the Wallace/Biden vs Trump debate.

I lost track of how many times Wallace let Biden go on and on, then when Trump tries to respond, he cuts him off. Chris Wallace was CLEARLY deferential to Biden the entire night yet showed nothing but irritation and thinly veiled hostility to President Trump. Roll Eyes

Posts: 34133 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Just how exactly is it unbiased when the moderator pushes back against Trump talking about poorly run Democratic cities with 'Well what about Tulsa and Ft. Worth'?

I too have watched many a debate and I can tell you that this debate was not well moderated.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
Did anyone else notice that when Trump was attacking joe, joe would look at Wallace with a “save me” look?

Yes. But I noticed much more the time he spent looking at the podium and pretending to make notes.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Chris Wallace was CLEARLY deferential to Biden the entire night ...

I also thought he was covering for Biden as well.

At one point, Biden really looked like he was getting flustered. Wallace spent about two minutes arguing with Trump as Biden caught his breath and pulled himself together.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6469 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Chris Wallace catching hell tonight from both sides for that terrible job he did of moderating:

Chris Wallace Faces Intense Backlash, Including From Colleagues, Over Bias During Debate

Damn.

Posts: 34133 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It was a shit show and I’ll never get that 94 minutes of my life back.

Posts: 13414 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chris Wallace catching hell tonight from both sides for that terrible job he did of moderating:

Chris Wallace Faces Intense Backlash, Including From Colleagues, Over Bias During Debate

Damn.

He should. It was a disaster for him as mod. Not only was he obviously biased, but he was a bad mod in general. That was an embarrassment.

Q

Posts: 26851 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn.

What the hell was the part at the end when Biden said he didn't know what question to answer from President Trump with all the rambling and Wallace agreed and laughed?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
When I was younger and had no real responsibilities, I enjoyed politics as a spectator sport. But it has become far to important. I hate watching these things now, and have to force myself.

It makes me sick to my stomach and very tense.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17506 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
It would have been better if Trump had more forcefully condemned White Supremacy. Not doing so was a self inflicted injury.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17506 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Daily Caller Editor in Chief Geoffrey Ingersoll wrote: “Chris Wallace calling critical race theory ‘racial sensitivity training’ is honestly f***ing sad.

This s**t is not circa 1980s corporate hr seminars. Herding whites only into white privilege indoctrination is not ‘racial sensitivity.’ It’s racial insensitivity.”

Posts: 19678 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
You're uncomfortable with this debate?

I'm not "uncomfortable" with the debate, I'm simply disinclined to waste my time on something that's nothing more than a food fight billed as a debate.

Well, except when Biden looks into the camera. I'm with whomever said it earlier: That makes me uncomfortable. More than uncomfortable: It's deeply disturbing.

Yea! you took half of my statement and posted a response. Man in the Arena. You are not in in the arena fighting every minute of the day.

Posts: 637 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post