SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 923
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I understand your position, erj_pilot, and wholeheartedly agree about any LEO who continues to be oblivious to the forces that are changing law enforcement today—unless, of course, he thinks those changes are a good idea. “Don’t want me arresting certain people? Good by me; a lot less work and danger.”

The same is likewise true of anyone in the military or anyone else who has taken an oath to defend the Constitution. It doesn’t matter what any document—from holy scripture to a statutory law or other governing statement—says on its face, there will be people who will argue that what it says isn’t what it means. The never-ending debate over the Second Amendment is a perfect example: Opponents of the private ownership of guns argue that it refers only to governmental organizations like the National Guard. Someone who believes that, therefore, will have no problem supporting the seizure of privately owned firearms.

We can argue all day about other issues and I could cite countless examples, but just because you or I may believe that someone is violating his oath to support the Constitution doesn’t mean that he doesn’t believe just as sincerely that he isn’t. When I argued to my law professor cousin that the involuntary servitude provision of the Thirteenth Amendment prohibited, or should prohibit, military conscription, he emphatically pointed out all the reasons why I was wrong. Is arresting a draft dodger a violation of the Constitution? Some believe yes, some believe just as strongly no.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi has called back the House from recess to address the "crisis," or to be accurate, ramp up a crisis, while using the stalled Corona relief package as cover and cudgel:

White House trade and manufacturing adviser Peter Navarro accused Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) of trying to turn the U.S. Postal Service into a "ballot harvesting service."

Navarro said, "Let's think about it. First, the irony of what's getting Chuck and Nancy back to Washington; it's not concern about the working men and women of America, who really need our help right now. They want to come back so they can rename the post office the United States ballot harvesting service. So it's unfortunate we get these -- in the middle of the election -- we get all these new cycle things going on that they seize upon."

On a deal for a new coronavirus relief package, Navarro said, "You can't have either side cross the other's red lines. What are the red lines here? The red lines are bailing out massive blue states that basically did not do a good job in terms of taking care of the public. A lot of those are sanctuary cities and states which basically got in to the hole they're in by giving a bunch of money away to illegal aliens. So that's clearly a red line there.

He added, "Clearly, this president does not want to support ballot harvesting. Nancy and Chuck want a big amount for that. You know, there's other things. You can't make the Republicans pay for things like Planned Parenthood, and certainly, the Democrats have their red lines."

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why this is being ramped up. This past Friday Dr. Fauci said:

"There's no reason we shouldn't be able to vote in person."

Plus, we have Cuomo and Murphy reopening the schools and Newsom looking for a way to do the same, as keeping them shut is a political albatross (with wafers [Python reference]) and schools constitute a massive number of polling places. So if it's safe enough for the kiddies to be there for seven hours at a stretch, it's certainly safe enough - even if you have to wear your little maskie and keep 6 feet away - for people to go in for a few minutes to c cast their vote. And there goes the last best hope for election thievery right out the window.

No wonder in an interview on Agitprop TV, bald-headed stooge LoPecia Pressley has called for more rioting if billions of dollars aren't allocated to the USPS.

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...-harvesting-service/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24144 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Gospel (Good News) from Rush Limbaugh on FOX News ratings and other signs that there are lots of us out there. Enjoy

Update: Rush just called Nancy Pelosi, “Our Lady of Perpetual Hysteria” Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13284 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Another story from Rush’s radio program this morning.

Rush quoted FOX News Sunday moderator, Chris Wallace (no friend of conservatism or the Republican Party). Wallace states that he has been covering political conventions since 1988. The Democrat Convention begins this week. Wallace stated that NEVER in the past 32 years has a political party failed to send out ANYBODY to the Sunday talk shows the weekend before the convention. Not the candidate, not the VP nominee, no-o buddy. Apparently, they don’t want to talk about their platform, goals, aspirations...nuthin’

Wallace said that at first he thought they just didn’t want to go onto the FOX network. Wallace soon found out the Democrats didn’t go on ANY Sunday program.

Posts: 13284 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Democrats still losing their minds over NYPD endorsing Trump. It was perfectly fine when police openly backed democratic candidates but back a republican and they lose their minds.

https://www.oann.com/?p=2211930

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37988 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God Bless President Trump!

RIP Robert Trump (8.15.’20) The man just passed & President Trump is back at it in Mn. saving our country And telling it like it is. Bless you President Trump, prayers for your brother.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:Video
LMAO!! Big GrinBig Grin

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I love the voice they dub for President Trump in the BLR vids.

"...grooming your man-beans."

Posts: 107657 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^NOT Super Funny....Just Sobering Truth! It's a VERY Good ad though... Wink

You could change 'Baltimore' to the name to any one of the numerous Democrat run 'shitholes' cities in this country, and it would be right on target!

It's too bad people have to live there....They REALLY Need to elect Kim Klacik!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8925 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^NOT Super Funny....Just Sobering Truth!

Still a VERY Good ad though... Wink

Agreed, not "Super Funny". But that was the only YouTube link I could find, and I think this political ad is timely, well presented, and the message is excellent.

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
GOP Convention to include Nick Sandman and the St. Louis couple Mark and Patricia McCloskey

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ann-gov-kristi-noem/

Posts: 19589 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Any guesses?

“President Donald Trump said on Monday he would pardon a 'very, very important' person on Tuesday, but added it would not be NSA leaker Edward Snowden or former national security adviser Michael Flynn…”

https://mol.im/a/8637499

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8983 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Any guesses?

“President Donald Trump said on Monday he would pardon a 'very, very important' person on Tuesday, but added it would not be NSA leaker Edward Snowden or former national security adviser Michael Flynn…”

Whoever it is, I'm sure a whole bunch of liberals will be pissed off. Of course, that's probably the whole point of all the suspense.Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
quote:
Any guesses?

Whoever it is, I'm sure a whole bunch of liberals will be pissed off. Of course, that's probably the whole point of all the suspense.Smile

I spoke too soon. He pardoned Susan B. Anthony. I doubt even liberals could object to this, but who knows.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's Susan B. Anthony.

Again, Trump upstaging the democrats. Why have they never done this before?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I spoke too soon. He pardoned Susan B. Anthony. I doubt even liberals could object to this, but who knows.
Yes, and on the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution.

"On August 18, 1920, Tennessee was the last of the necessary 36 ratifying states to secure adoption."

Posts: 9055 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
8/18/20

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
A couple of commenters on the Daily Mail article announcing President Trump’s pardon of Susan B. Anthony:

“I just requested a new mail-in ballot. I had already marked mine to vote for Biden, but I will now be changing my vote to Trump. This was long overdue.”

“19th Amendment written by and passed by Republicans against opposition from the Democrats. -- Much like civil rights of '55, '57, '64, and school choice today for economically disadvantaged children.”

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8983 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
A couple of commenters on the Daily Mail article announcing President Trump’s pardon of Susan B. Anthony:

“I just requested a new mail-in ballot. I had already marked mine to vote for Biden, but I will now be changing my vote to Trump. This was long overdue.”
Oh, please. This jackwit was going to vote for drooling Joe, but THIS, well, THIS makes the difference. Roll Eyes

I don't believe it for a second. That comment is as fake as Michelle Obama's acting.

Posts: 107657 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post