SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 1148
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^
C'mon maaaannn!

"Joe will be fed the questions and answers" in the course of a debate. Do you NOT think that both parties will have representatives from THEIR respective camps in the camps of their opponent while the debate is on-going??

Now...getting the questions before-hand? OK...THAT is a different issue altogether.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Trump should agree to allow Biden to get all the questions in advance and even to have his handlers' answers for him loaded into a teleprompter. Then Trump should mention that at the end of the debate, something to the effect of, "Joe, I gave you a head start, let you have the questions in advance while I got none. You have your answers in the teleprompter and only had to read them, and you still screwed that up. Tell us all how you're ready for this job."

Posts: 3685 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Biden is like Jerry Mahoney only out of sinc. Battery is low. Tin man needing oil.. Big Grin

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
POTUS stops for pizza.

I've been on a huge Portnoy pizza review binge lately. One bite everybody knows the rules.

And to bring it full circle:

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I've been seeing tons of things like this: Black men and women that are fed up with the Democrats. NSFW audio, use of "bullshit".

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/...617117073190914?s=20

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Re: the Kim Klacik (Baltimore GOP candidate, yeah her in the red dress and high heels) video on the previous page:

A Star is Born: Daily Wire

Does Ms. Klacik have a legitimate shot at winning?

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does Ms. Klacik have a legitimate shot at winning?

I'd say we're going to be seeing her in Washington one way or t'other.

BTW--has anyone else noticed the hot babes who have won their GOP primaries? Anna Paulina Luna (see pix w guns); Maria Elvira Salazar? Go Florida!

Posts: 18353 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Republican strategist and congressional GOP candidate Kimberly Klacik released a hard-hitting ad slamming Democrats for their apparent fake concern for black lives, highlighting the devastation in Democrat-run cities, particularly Baltimore.

I heard the ad yesterday when Rush played the audio and was really impressed with her. I'm sure the left will soon begin their attacks on her and the usual suspects will come out like cockroaches to disparage her. I hope this young lady wins her election.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
My forecast; they'll have one live debate (probably at Joe's insistence).

I can almost guarantee there will be none. Joe's handlers (we don't know who his campaign "manager is, do we?) will not risk it, no way. They have seen Trump in debates, they know he would show no mercy.

Trump would have a better chance at debating an Empty Chair.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17155 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This USAF veteran won her Republican primary and will face Charlie Christ (D, FL) for his Congressional seat in November. She has the President’s “full support.”

Anna Paulina Luna

Posts: 13566 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
To replace outgoing Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Establishment-TN), Trump-endorsed Bill Hagerty won our Republican primary. This was a harder decision than it sounds, since all the R primary candidates were trying to "out-conservative" one another.

Posts: 28646 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
This speech he is giving in Arlington right now is one of the best I have heard

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
This USAF veteran won her Republican primary and will face Charlie Christ (D, FL) for his Congressional seat in November. She has the President’s “full support.”

Anna Paulina Luna

We can't be rid of that phony asshole Crist soon enough. More power to the Airman!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
To replace outgoing Sen. Lamar Alexander ... Trump-endorsed Bill Hagerty won our Republican primary.... This was a harder decision than it sounds

Alexander. I sent him an e-mail in 2016 saying, Straighten up RINO. We voted you in... we can vote your ass out. Won't have to he quit.

I didn't have to think very hard on who to vote for... Hagerty... simply because of Trump's endorsement and he won pretty handily.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Anna Paulina Luna

We can't be rid of that phony asshole Crist soon enough. More power to the Airman!

My apology for the misspelling of "Crist's" name. That was careless

Posts: 13566 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post

Anna Paulina Luna, USAF veteran

Posts: 18353 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so she is on our side then Smile

Posts: 53788 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I hope after he's re-elected, President Trump just hammers the dog shit out of Facebook.

According to a recent report from the Interface newsletter by Verge reporter Casey Newton, Facebook is piloting a new program that will monitor viral posts that gain millions of views to ensure that they don’t violate community standards.

The Verge reporter Casey Newton reports in the newsletter the Interface that social media giant Facebook is developing a new program to fight viral misinformation on the platform. In the newsletter, Newton lists suggestions made by the Center for American Progress (CAP) to prevent the spread of certain content on the platform.

Newton writes:

Still, tech platforms probably have more tools to manage the spread of misinformation than they’re using today. In its report “Fighting Coronavirus Misinformation and Disinformation,” the Center for American Progress lays out a trio of suggestions for doing just that. They are:

Virality circuit breakers. Platforms should detect, label, suspend algorithmic amplification, and prioritize rapid review and fact-checking of trending coronavirus content that displays reliable misinformation markers, which can be drawn from the existing body of coronavirus mis/disinformation.

Scan-and-suggest features. Platforms should develop privacy-sensitive features to scan draft posts, detect drafts discussing the coronavirus, and suggest quality information to users or provide them cues about being thoughtful or aware of trending mis/disinformation prior to publication.

Subject matter context additions. Social media platforms should embed quality information and relevant fact checks around posts on coronavirus topics. Providing in-post context by default can help equip users with the information they need to interpret the post content for themselves.

Newton further states that Facebook said late on Thursday that it is already piloting a program that resembles the “Virality circuit breakers” suggestion from CAP.

In a recent article by the New York Times, it was reported that Facebook is also working on ap political advertising “kill switch” to be activated if President Trump questions the legitimacy of presidential election results in November.

The NYT writes:

In a staff meeting later that week, Mr. Zuckerberg told employees that if political figures or commentators tried declaring victory in an election early, Facebook would consider adding a label to their posts explaining that the results were not final. Of Mr. Trump, Mr. Zuckerberg said the company was “in unprecedented territory with the president saying some of the things that he’s saying that I find quite troubling.” The meeting was reported earlier by BuzzFeed News.

Since then, executives have discussed the “kill switch” for political advertising, according to two employees, which would turn off political ads after Nov. 3 if the election’s outcome was not immediately clear or if Mr. Trump disputed the results.
The discussions remain fluid, and it is unclear if Facebook will follow through with the plan, three people close to the talks said.

In a call with reporters this month, Facebook executives said they had removed more than 110,000 pieces of content between March and July that violated the company’s election-related policies. They also said there was a lot about the election that they didn’t know.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech...ad-of-viral-content/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Charlie is exactly like herpes. We just can't get rid of him and he's always annoying.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post