SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
God bless President Trump.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
BOSS.

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

President Trump:

Pelosi and Schumer only interested in Bailout Money for poorly run Democrat cities and states. Nothing to do with China Virus! Want one trillion dollars. No interest. We are going a different way!

Indeed. So what's Pelosi and Schumer going to do now? Obviously what Trump's doing probably isn't legal, but clearly that's not the point. Is Pelosi going to take Trump to court? Over giving relief to Americans? Go for it, lady. Only 90 or so days until the election....

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great shot at that retarded reporter. I agree, let him sign orders for all those things that will provide relief to millions and let pelosi and bunch scream and have their tantrum. Even more people will see her and the left for the pos they are.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Don't think I've ever seen this posted:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That is great! Thanks for posting. I'll be passing that on!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Indeed. So what's Pelosi and Schumer going to do now? Obviously what Trump's doing probably isn't legal, but clearly that's not the point. Is Pelosi going to take Trump to court? Over giving relief to Americans? Go for it, lady. Only 90 or so days until the election....

This. It is a brilliant move. A few days ago Schumer said that if Trump acted unilaterally there would be "litigation". So go ahead Chuck, sue. Sue Trump for NOT taxing the American people; sue Trump for NOT evicting people who can't pay rent; sue Trump for NOT forcing people to pay their student loans during this crisis.

Check mate Chuckie.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Trying to track down the source but a close friend who works in the federal government has suggested that one of the reasons the dems are Working so hard to force voting by mail is that they know the post office will not be able to perform and deliver everything properly

As a delaying tactic they could stall election results until after January 20 which has some interesting consequences

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
^^He just keeps getting better the longer he is in office. He's nailing it and absolutely shredding their bill.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ugh. The payroll tax suspension should be universal. How does it get capped at $100,000? How does that work? Especially if only one person in the family is now working?

Anyway, overall, great stuff from the President.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
He's signing the EOs right now.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
This is cool.

The Air Force just awarded a contract to develop a hypersonic Air Force One

https://taskandpurpose.com/mil...ir-force-one-hermeus

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Ugh. The payroll tax suspension should be universal. How does it get capped at $100,000? How does that work? Especially if only one person in the family is now working?

You can't live on $100k+?

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Forgive me, but I did not hear the funds for families mentioned that were given earlier this year. ?? ($XXXX for married couples, plus $XXX per dependent. Did I miss it or is this not a part of President Trumps E.O.’s?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Forgive me, but I did not hear the funds for families mentioned that were given earlier this year. ?? ($XXXX for married couples, plus $XXX per dependent. Did I miss it or is this not a part of President Trumps E.O.’s?

No, you didn't miss it.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:

What does that have to do with anything?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What does that have to do with anything?

You tell me, you're the one complaining after President Trump took extraordinary action to help millions of Americans.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

You tell me, you're the one complaining after President Trump took extraordinary action to help millions of Americans.

What you're doing is being antagonistic deliberately. Why? I'm asking how the payroll tax deferment works if it's not universal, which I think would make more sense, especially in regards to supercharging the economy. That's hardly complaining about the President's actions.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
In regards to the payroll tax E.O, US employers can elect to defer the payment of US employee payroll tax, for those employees on the employers payroll, who earn less than $100k annually.

The E.O. doesn't change the take home pay of employees earning less than $100k annually.

The deferment would ease the financial burden on the employers' cash flow.

The EO is retroactive from Aug 1, and extends to end of December.

At the end of the EO deferment period, employers will then be looking to then "catchup" on payroll tax deferrments.

Well, that is my viewpoint.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post