SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milliron:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Milliron, everyone here knows your political leanings.

That is a terribly story. Who knows if there is a "rest of the story" component. If not and the guy is a lunatic then he should receive exactly what he deserves.

Hound dog is absolutely correct though.

I’m not sure what any of this has to do with my political leanings. This happened.

But for those who want more information about the Okeana shooting, here is some. But be warned, it may not fit your preferred narrative.

Reuters article

Dude, did you even read the article you posted?

The article you posted has nothing at all to do with political violence. It has to do with psychopaths doing psycho things.

None of these things happened during political discourse or protest. These are isolated events of crazies.

Do you understand the difference between a psychopath randomly killing his neighbor and political violence? What the left does is intimidation, physical assaults, barricades, no go zones, destruction of property, fires, rock/bottle throwing, and violent distribution of peaceful protest.

Please tell me you can understand the distinction here? Name for me the top five most memorable events in recent years involving a Republican protest leading to anything I listed above. I am looking forward to the list. I can easily name five from the left just involving only Isreal in less than a year. Those also have the added issue of antisemitism as a bonus.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Trump is on Lex Friedman today. Just started watching, but I'm sure it will be interesting.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

[QUOTE] Ohio man kills neighbor because ‘he thought he was a Democrat’

Man bites dog; of course it is a big deal.

You've brought up an exception, not the rule. Do you honestly believe that conservatives are as remotely likely to be aggressive or violent to Leftists as Leftists are to conservatives?

BLM, Antifa, the numerous news accounts, even by Leftist media, and the last 107 years of history don't even come close to making this look like an equitable condition.

Posts: 8874 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

That is a terribly story. Who knows if there is a "rest of the story" component. If not and the guy is a lunatic then he should receive exactly what he deserves.

I’m not sure what any of this has to do with my political leanings. This happened.

But for those who want more information about the Okeana shooting, here is some. But be warned, it may not fit your preferred narrative.

Reuters article

The article you posted has nothing at all to do with political violence. It has to do with psychopaths doing psycho things.

None of these things happened during political discourse or protest. These are isolated events of crazies.

Do you understand the difference between a psychopath randomly killing his neighbor and political violence? What the left does is intimidation, physical assaults, barricades, no go zones, destruction of property, fires, rock/bottle throwing, and violent distribution of peaceful protest.

Please tell me you can understand the distinction here? Name for me the top five most memorable events in recent years involving a Republican protest leading to anything I listed above. I am looking forward to the list. I can easily name five from the left just involving only Isreal in less than a year. Those also have the added issue of antisemitism as a bonus.

Political violence is political violence. You seem to want to change the definition to "things that happen during protests". That's one kind. And no, if you read the article, it was hardly limited to that one instance. If the Proud Boys and Antifa show up at a protest, there will be violence. But if you would like an example occurring during a protest, Charlottesville, VA in 2017 comes to mind or the January 6 riot.

And I don't think you get a pass merely because the perpetrator may be mentally ill. As I said, often these things are carried out by the mentally ill. But they are driven by what they see in the media and the news.

The proposition was that only the left engages in political violence. That's not even remotely true. It jumped out at me because it happened in my backyard. But some of you seem to have a selective memory.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8873 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

Reuters article

Political violence is political violence. You seem to want to change the definition to "things that happen during protests". That's one kind. And no, if you read the article, it was hardly limited to that one instance. If the Proud Boys and Antifa show up at a protest, there will be violence. But if you would like an example occurring during a protest, Charlottesville, VA in 2017 comes to mind or the January 6 riot.

And I don't think you get a pass merely because the perpetrator may be mentally ill. As I said, often these things are carried out by the mentally ill. But they are driven by what they see in the media and the news.

The proposition was that only the left engages in political violence. That's not even remotely true. It jumped out at me because it happened in my backyard. But some of you seem to have a selective memory.

What happened in your back yard? The psycho that killed another Republican because he thought he was a Democrat? That is not political violence, it's just the act of a confused mentally ill person. Or was Charlottesville your back yard? I don't really remember any real violence there, some back and forth taunting and pushing. Correct me if I am wrong. There was also again in this situation a lone psychopath that killed someone with his car, but once again, same situation, just some crazy mentally deficient person who killed someone with their car.

Was there some kind of group violence where the right assaulted the left and tried to silence or intimidate them? How many buildings did the right set on fire? How many people got concrete milkshakes from the right? How many group beat downs were there? Where was the no-go zones set up?

You seem to be confusing the act of one psycho with the group attacks and rioting on the part of the left and their intimidation tactics. It's like when people blame Dylan roof's acts on political motivation. He was a psychopath racist person, none of what he said would you find on a Republican platform.

The concerted violence and intimidation by the left IS political violence. The acts of a lone gunman that have no ties to any political positions of the right are not at all the same thing. I can't believe you don't understand the distinction.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's the end of it, gentlemen.

Posts: 109031 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31990 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Why do I post this ridiculous, leftist MSN story?

Because we should all be aware of what is coming. They will try to steal another election. We cannot allow it to happen. They say "if they lose"... but the tactics used will be used either way. It's only a matter of whether they can get away with it.

“They’ll claim everything went wrong if they lose. I’d be surprised if Trump doesn’t try to foment insurrection if he loses the election,” the mayor said.

Trump and his MAGA friends are laying groundwork for ‘chaos and violence’ if they lose election, expert says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4fc11bca49546c&ei=35

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24576 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24223 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Sadly, my state is fully mail-in voting now. I used to proudly carry my Sig to the polling pkace to cast my vote. I so wish I could do so this year as a show of being a free and independent person.

Posts: 9724 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31990 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta love that ^^^^^!!!!!

Posts: 6709 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fani and Wade back together again?

Fani Willis and ex-lover Nathan Wade turn up TOGETHER on police bodycam during pregnant daughter Kinaya's arrest in Georgia - months after Fulton County DA insisted they called it quits

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-arrest-georgia.html

Posts: 13064 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
annnd away we go!

Like clockwork. Harris too far behind in the polls, so the ballot cheating will have to go above and beyond 2020, if that is possible.Anyone trying to monitor the steal will be arrested.

Posts: 8874 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Fani and Wade back together again?

Fani Willis and ex-lover Nathan Wade turn up TOGETHER on police bodycam during pregnant daughter Kinaya's arrest in Georgia - months after Fulton County DA insisted they called it quits

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-arrest-georgia.html

He was on retainer, silly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Now that's funny stuff right there....

https://x.com/ClownWorld_/status/1831383489373188211

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 24223 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The DTV/Disney dispute may prevent DTV customers from seeing the debate live. That's assuming it's not streaming on YouTube or C-SPAN or wherever else, but it's not the end of the world, because many people only want the highlights anyway, which will be available all over social media, and the debate will be available in its entirety shortly after it ends, as in, the same evening.

But, oh, it's a conspiracy, you see. All through this Twitter thread, people saying "I knew it" or "Just in time" or whatever else.

Yeah, that's right- Disney and DTV are conspiring to keep people watching the debate for at least two hours. All that ad revenue and the tariff associated with broadcasting these channels for days and days.

God, I DESPISE these half-wits! Everything's a Goddamned conspiracy. There are no coincidences. Everything's an evil plan by unseen forces. How stupid do you have to be to not understand that most things simply happen in their own time? Fucking morons!

https://x.com/gatewaypundit/st.../1831458111984484789

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109031 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I’d think that any of those 11 million people that were interested in watching the debates would do it online and consider this another reason to consider canning both of them and going to a different source for education / information / entertainment.

I consider watching the Trump v Biden debate, but realized I could get all the highlights here, more time efficiently, and with better commentary.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
No surprise here, "Republican" Liz Cheney endorses Harris. What a scumbag RINO.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...acking-kamala-harris

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post