SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 ... 1141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Good news

I hope this leads to the end of George Stuffingenvelopes at ABC. David Brinkley would be horrified at ABC for what they have become.

Posts: 53776 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34517 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
For Petes sake, they'll do or say anything to try and put a twist on the assassination attempt for political reasons.

Link

FBI director casts doubts on Trump being struck by bullet during assassination attempt

FBI Director Christopher Wray has raised doubts as to whether or not Donald Trump was struck by a bullet during the assassination attempt at a Pennsylvania rally earlier this month.

Wray testified before the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday about the ongoing investigation into the attempt on the former president’s life and the response of law enforcement agencies that day.

When questioned by committee chairman Jim Jordan as to whether the FBI had accounted for all of the bullets at the scene, Wray said that eight spent rounds were recovered from the rooftop of the building from which the gunman opened fire.

“With respect to former president Trump, there’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear,” the FBI chief added.

Expand article logo Continue reading

Back to Home
“As I sit here right now, I don’t know whether that bullet… in addition to causing the grazing, could have landed somewhere else.”

He added: “But I believe we’ve accounted for all the shots in the cartridges.”

Gunman Thomas Crooks fired a volley of eight rounds towards Trump using an AR-15 rifle while the former president stood on stage speaking to rallygoers in Butler, Pennsylvania, killing one rallygoer and wounding two others.

Former White House physician Ronny Jackson has said that Trump was shot in the ear creating a 2cm-wide wound, according to a memo shared with Axios.

The former president has also repeatedly said that he was struck in the ear by a bullet.

Posts: 24208 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Wray seems really dumb about firearms and tries to act like a collapsable stock is an evil dangerous feature. He also blinks a lot when he lies.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He also blinks a lot when he lies.

I wouldn't believe anything Wray says. He's a known liar, simply a shape shifter representing a politicized agency.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
And to recap the history of Wray; he's best friends with Chris Christie serving under him in the DOJ, and was also his attorney in the Bridgegate fiasco. It was Christie who pushed Trump to appoint Wray.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Wray is a known liar and is an enemy of the country

Posts: 53776 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
And to recap the history of Wray; he's best friends with Chris Christie serving under him in the DOJ, and was also his attorney in the Bridgegate fiasco. It was Christie who pushed Trump to appoint Wray.

A HUGE DJT mistake, appointing this shitbag.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8665 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^^ Which can be rectified by firing him on day 1.

Posts: 23190 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Wonder when we are going to start seeing Baghdad Bob publicly explaining things OBO the Dems? I suspect he could use the work, and has got to be, after all, #1 on the candidates list based on experience. OTOH, he is an elderly white male so....

Posts: 6757 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
^^^ Which can be rectified by firing him on day 1.

Which i expect to happen on day 1, or close. And Wray knows it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9432 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
A HUGE DJT mistake, appointing this shitbag.

Let's face it. Trump totally underestimated the DC swamp the first time, because he never realized how deep it was/is, and really, probably none of us did, either. It's only after the fact that they are all exposed. I think he learned a valuable lesson, so for now, I no longer see the point of crying over spilled milk.

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whistleblowers Detail Why Drones Weren't Used at Trump's Butler Rally

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...utler-rally-n2642524

According to whistleblower testimony given to investigators in the office of Republican Senator Josh Hawley, drones were offered for use by local law enforcement on the day of former President Donald Trump's Butler, Pennsylvania rally but were rejected by the Secret Service.

"According to one whistleblower, the night before the rally, U.S. Secret Service repeatedly denied offers from a local law enforcement partner to utilize drone technology to secure the rally. This means that the technology was both available to USSS and able to be deployed to secure the site. Secret Service said no," Senator Hawley wrote in a letter Thursday to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. "The whistleblower further alleges that after the shooting took place, USSS changed course and asked the local partner to deploy the drone technology to surveil the site in the aftermath of the attack."

"It is hard to understand why USSS would decline to use drones when they were offered, particularly given the fact USSS permitted the shooter to overfly the rally area with his own drone mere hours before event. The failure to deploy drone technology is all the more concerning since, according to the whistleblower, the drones USSS was offered had the capability not only to identify active shooters but also to help neutralize them," Hawley continued. "So that Congress can continue its investigation, please provide no later than seven days from now all records and communications concerning the availability or use of drones at the July 13, 2024 rally in Butler, PA. You must also testify before Congress next week about these staggering security failures by your department."

The news comes just days after former Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle resigned in disgrace.

Posts: 13059 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
It's going to be interesting to see how big of a knife Trump uses to gut these agencies when he takes office. I'm guessing he already knows who he wants as upper level management but I think you have to cut deep into the agents as well.

I stopped agreeing with the "There are still a lot of good agents in the field" statement quite a while ago. They tried to kill him and he knows it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8616 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Apparently the Dr. testimony was not factored into the FBI investigation on the wound?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38196 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
I stopped agreeing with the "There are still a lot of good agents in the field" statement quite a while ago. They tried to kill him and he knows it.

Absolutely.

12131 also nails it...he underestimated the depth of the swamp. I think many of us suspected it was super deep, but still none of us know the true depth. WHICH is why I really support Vivek's model of overhauling from the executive branch.

I'm praying that Trump, one makes it into office (for LOTS of plausible and implausible reasons), then two employs a Ramaswami approach. No quarter given. It is necessary to repair and fix the republic. Perhaps not to save it...because treading water is usually the best that we see, and it does delay the decline. I'd like a fix. Let's fix the problems instead of kicking the can as he did in his last presidency. He should understand now a bit better of what he is up against.

God protect him in the meantime. At least 2 million federal employees don't want him in power.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13984 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
a whole box of whistles is needed for people to start using

Imagine if people started ordering and having boxes of cheap whistles delivered to all the cesspools in the diseased government cesspools.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44444 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
stopped agreeing with the "There are still a lot of good agents in the field" statement quite a while ago. T

I’ll disagree just a bit.

I have a relative about to retire from FBI. Was an instructor at the academy for several years. The differences between the younger newer agents and those of the older generation are disturbing and deep. You can blame DEI for some of it, a dumbing down of the population for some of it, gen x work ethics, such as they are, for some.

The good ones are still out there but they’re rapidly being put out to pasture and are rarely, if ever, assigned anything more than mundane tasks.

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
12131 also nails it...he underestimated the depth of the swamp.

Yeah, and also one other important thing is that Trump, new in the Washington DC scene in late 2016, had to rely on people he really didn't know to fulfill positions in his cabinet, administration, and of course many of these were not only swamp dwellers, but unsavory political animals that wanted to use Trump for gain of power (Christie, Pence, Kelly, Tillerson, Mattis, etc)

But now after 8 years of DC life and all of the shit thrown at him, IMO he now has a pretty good handle on things and people to trust.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
quote:
stopped agreeing with the "There are still a lot of good agents in the field" statement quite a while ago. T

I’ll disagree just a bit.

I have a relative about to retire from FBI. Was an instructor at the academy for several years and was dismayed by the lowered standards. The differences between the younger newer agents and those of the older generation are disturbing and deep. You can blame DEI for some of it, a dumbing down of the population for some of it, gen x work ethics, such as they are, for some.

The good ones are still out there but they’re rapidly being put out to pasture and are rarely, if ever, assigned anything more than mundane tasks.

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post