SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Styxhexenhammer666 suggested the Trump Campaign seek the endorsement of Evander Holyfield.

Big Grin

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32004 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Wonder how he got on top of the AGR building? Ladder of opportunity or transported one there?

Posts: 4830 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Hadn't seen the picture where a bullet went through Trumps jacket.

Wife just showed it to me.

Posts: 18139 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Wonder how he got on top of the AGR building? Ladder of opportunity or transported one there?

Somebody had a link which showed the ladder propped up against the causeway on the building. If you look at streetview of parking lot loading dock you can see a view ways to get on roof without ladder.

Posts: 3776 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:

I believe the guy who was interviewed as seeing the shooter and tried to tell the cops....said he saw a ladder between the buildings.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39229 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

https://www.indiatoday.in/fact...k-2566733-2024-07-14

Posts: 20564 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:

Different assessment here ...
https://www.msn.com/en-in/ente...let-hole/ar-BB1pXXUe
EDIT: Similar link but Gustofer beat me to it

Posts: 4830 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Massive motorcade of patriotic supporters are driving past Trump Tower. Love it!!!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 18139 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I want to make a comment in general about the words floating around the net about the supposed incompetence of the female SS officers. This was a game and not practice. There was adrenaline and the fog of war in full effect.
I don't know SS procedures, but when I watched video of those women, I saw them put their backs against the protection vehicle and I saw their heads on swivels looking around. I'm thinking they were following orders that were being relayed to them by someone who was also on adrenaline.

The important thing is that the team got President Trump to safety.

Agreed, they looked fine to me. I care about SS being able to draw quickly and shoot the right target (and not the wrong one), I care about them reflexively surrounding and protecting POTUS, I care they keep their heads on a swivel looking for threats... etc. I honestly don't care if they can re-holster a weapon with style under pressure.

In the coming days as more analysis is given to this event I'm sure there will be plenty of room for legitimate critiques on the Secret Service, but this isn't it.

bongino just excoriated the SS this morning on Fox. he said the SS around the president did a lousy job, too, not following protocols from start to finish

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ From someone who was one of them. .

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Mississippi Democrat congressman's field director who said "don't miss next time" has been fired, per Fox News.

Good. With her language skills, should never have been hired.

As penance, these people should be forced to enumerate 20 items from Trump's current platform or prior accomplishments and prepare a detailed analysis to be reviewed / approved by Trump.

And then publish that analysis with a public apology.

The actions of these people should hurt beyond just getting fired. They should be forced to learn the truth.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13087 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
PedoJoe speaking this afternoon.

Flanked by the Three Stooges.

Per Pedo's statement he is planning an Oval Office address tonight, too.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 32004 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Really interested in the final after action report on this,

Don't hold your breath. First, they "won't comment on an ongoing investigation", and then it'll be time to set up committees and commissions and special counsels, etc.... It'll be a good long time before we learn the facts here, if ever.

and heavily censored, and not necessarily truthful

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I read a post by a commenter on powerlineblog.com that the shooter's rifle was an Accuracy International AXSR.
Has anyone seen this? No source was posted.
IF that is true, it puts the shooter in an entirely different category, as the possessor of a very expensive, bolt-action rifle made specifically for long range precision shooting--a person proficient in that is clearly not your average shooter.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I read a post by a commenter on powerlineblog.com that the shooter's rifle was an Accuracy International AXSR.
Has anyone seen this? No source was posted.
IF that is true, it puts the shooter in an entirely different category, as the possessor of a very expensive, bolt-action rifle made specifically for long range precision shooting--a person proficient in that is clearly not your average shooter.

ROF was too high for a bolt gun.

Nice is overrated

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Alright guys. I'm going to say some things. Para knows this already and has mentioned it to me. I've tried to stay out of the political fray to this point, generally feeling that it's a waste of time and that we're in far bigger trouble as a country than what voting can solve. I've felt like both biden & Trump are diametrically opposed embodiments of the worst idealogues America has to offer. That they've collectively brought out the worst in us, and that no matter who "won" it wouldn't really matter because we are already on the road to destruction and there's no turning back at this point.

I WAS WRONG. I WAS SHORT-SIGHTED AND FOOLISH. A FUCKING CHILD. I have never been more wrong in my life. Mea Culpa from the deepest part of my soul.

After yesterday, for whatever it's worth to you guys, I'm all in for Trump. This shit cannot stand. Enough.

Posts: 1767 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

ROF was too high for a bolt gun.

Agreed... a semi-auto was employed. That roof top photo showing the deceased shooter also shows a semi-auto rifle near him.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
also, it seems there were many people who had no problem spotting the shooter on the roof and tried to get the attention of security with no success - yeah they did a great job