SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

Texas Sues Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin at Supreme Court over Election Rules

This has the hand (mind) of Sen. Ted Cruz all over it, in my opinion. Cruz has gone to radio silence on his podcast lately, which usually means he's working behind the scenes on important stuff. Like this, and the PA Supreme Court case.
My observation.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
President's team taking its PA challenge to SCOTUS.
Sidney Powell taking her GA challenge to SCOTUS.
The great state of Texas taking the big four fraud states to SCOTUS.

You've just got to love this! Cool

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
This is a very long reach but I felt compelled to read it because I have my doubts that if the remedy is to be that the state appointed electors are to decide the election we will not get the results that are just or what we desire.

I'd be interested to hear what others think the chances are in the contested states that if they choose electors those electors will cast their vote for Trump? These states do not seem to be willing to do this on their own it appears they will do it only if they are forced to by the Supreme Court which indicates the GOP in those states are weak in the knees which is no surprise. I'm not sure I even follow the logic in this article maybe someone else can decipher it better than I.

quote:
Similarly, we think the better reading is that Vice President Pence would decide between competing slates of electors chosen by state legislators and governors, or decide whether to count votes that remain in litigation."

In this scenario, for example, when counting Pennsylvania electors, Pence could choose to "count" the slate of electors from the Republican legislature in Harrisburg and not the slate of electors from Democratic Governor Tom Wolf.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
The TX suit filed directly to SCOTUS is the best news I've heard in weeks!!

It speaks directly to the question at hand.

I am not a resident of GA, PA, WI, or MI -- but my vote was damn sure impacted by their actions!!

Can other states join this suit? Or file their own?

I want to see action by the smaller states - WY needs to get in this fight.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Texas!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

Texas Sues Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin at Supreme Court over Election Rules

This has the hand (mind) of Sen. Ted Cruz all over it, in my opinion. Cruz has gone to radio silence on his podcast lately, which usually means he's working behind the scenes on important stuff. Like this, and the PA Supreme Court case.
My observation.

Nah, Ted had other important things to do, it's early December in South Texas Cool

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/st...072391869984769?s=19

Makes me like the guy even more!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I think the least controversial possibility is that these states send NO electors, as their election results can't be validated either way. That would take away the 270 from Biden, and throw the vote to the states delegations in the US Congress, where the R's hold the advantage. Dreaming, I know...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Listening to Tim Pool read the breitbart article and filing Texas is citing the same grounds as bush v gore in that all votes were not equal, and legislators did not change the voting rules which is also illegal per the constitution.

As we kind of expected, i think the Kraken is a long play/red herring and that perhaps this could have been the plan all long. Run out the clock strategy for SCOTUS. Texas could have filed this day 1 but they didnt.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Bannon has had some of the best coverage of this. Two shows a day that are worth a watch.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I think the least controversial possibility is that these states send NO electors, as their election results can't be validated either way. That would take away the 270 from Biden, and throw the vote to the states delegations in the US Congress, where the R's hold the advantage. Dreaming, I know...

I never realized this possibility even existed. But as always a perceived Republican advantage often times is not a advantage at all. The Democrat party is only still relevant today because they posses the ability to turn a disadvantage to a advantage. A truth to a lie and a lie to the truth. Of course they have a complicit public media giving them a large assist in doing so but even more than that they accomplish these things by thinking as one, speaking as one, doing as one and acting as one. They rarely if ever have to deal with a idealist in their party looking to chart their own path.

The inability of the Republican party to do the same has led to many of their downfalls. Sadly I don't see anything that signals a change.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this from a very liberal news source

https://www.axios.com/china-sp...nic&utm_content=1100

Suspected Chinese spy targeted California politicians

A suspected Chinese intelligence operative developed extensive ties with local and national politicians, including a U.S. congressman, in what U.S. officials believe was a political intelligence operation run by China’s main civilian spy agency between 2011 and 2015, Axios found in a yearlong investigation.

The woman at the center of the operation, a Chinese national named Fang Fang or Christine Fang, targeted up-and-coming local politicians in the Bay Area and across the country who had the potential to make it big on the national stage.

Through campaign fundraising, extensive networking, personal charisma, and romantic or sexual relationships with at least two Midwestern mayors, Fang was able to gain proximity to political power, according to current and former U.S. intelligence officials and one former elected official.

Even though U.S. officials do not believe Fang received or passed on classified information, the case "was a big deal, because there were some really, really sensitive people that were caught up" in the intelligence network, a current senior U.S. intelligence official said.

Among the most significant targets of Fang's efforts was Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif. ).

Fang took part in fundraising activity for Swalwell’s 2014 re-election campaign, according to a Bay Area political operative and a current U.S. intelligence official. Swalwell’s office was directly aware of these activities on its behalf, the political operative said. That same political operative, who witnessed Fang fundraising on Swalwell's behalf, found no evidence of illegal contributions.

long article

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Anyone see the story about Kemp standing in front of their flag the other day? Interesting...

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Anyone see the story about Kemp standing in front of their flag the other day? Interesting...

Yes it was on the GA states website to try and chinese nationals to visit GA. A few states have done that. Lets watch DNI Ratliffe over the next few weeks. A slow drip seems to be starting in the news about Chinas influence.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
They aren't even close to having the numbers in the House or Senate in GA for the petition and the Bannon podcast from today talks about why they are so weak. They are worried about getting doxed, Antifa showing up and getting blamed, and they think it's a party of Romney where things will go back to normal. Bunch of cowards down there and across the country.

posted Hide Post
Nice buck Senator!
God Bless you for helping President Trump and our country, thank you!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
As Time Is Running Out, Trump Campaign Files Stronger Lawsuit in Georgia
By Andrew C. McCarthy

https://www.nationalreview.com...-lawsuit-in-georgia/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
On OANN this morning there is an article indicating that President Trump would like to see election reform

I'm not sure we need election reform as much as we need to eliminate everyone that tried to throw the election from ever having that opportunity to do so again

if that were to happen, the process would reform itself instantly

be a traitor, get treated like a traitor

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

HA! Razz

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
As Time Is Running Out, Trump Campaign Files Stronger Lawsuit in Georgia
By Andrew C. McCarthy

https://www.nationalreview.com...-lawsuit-in-georgia/

This guy feels like a never-Trumper. The tone is that Trump really doesn't have a chance. Oh, and he's made sure to mention the Dominion voting machine cheat is a bunch of "unhinged cyber-fraud claims".

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
GOD BLESS TEXAS!

My thoughts exactly! I'm scheduled to go there in March for a Texas BBQ Cooking school near Austin. I may just stay there!

Don’t move to, or near Austin, it’s a liberal city run by liberals that continue to flood into the state and fuck things up for the conservatives who live elsewhere in the state....Dallas and Houston are in the same boat.

/drift
OTOH, wouldn't a flood of conservatives into those cities flip them? I live in Dallas and like it here. We need all the conservatives we can get.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post