SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Playing matador with a bison. What could possibly go wrong?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Playing matador with a bison. What could possibly go wrong? Login/Join 
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
These Longhorn bulls are amazingly huge. And beautiful. They make Cape Buffalo look small. No way I'd walk up to one.

But, but, but, we need a size comparison! Place a quarter next to its hoof and take a pic for us. Razz

Posts: 2664 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
This is one of those threads I wish I had read the OP last.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Years ago, yes, in Montana, we were riding in a pickup through a pasture loaded with both buffalo and beefalo. The rancher said, “Don’t do any sudden moves. Yesterday, one of the big bulls hooked his horns under one of our pickups and flipped it on its side.”

Don’t screw with wild animals.

We spend lots of time in Glacier Park. Stupidity abound.

WTF is a "beefalo?"

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

WTF is a "beefalo?"

Its a hybrid between a a buffalo and a cow. Yields a richer or fatter meat, easier to cook using normal methods, not adding fat.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Just imagine if all the bison stood up on their hind legs, whipped out iPhones and started recording their brother flinging around Missy Motorscooter like a rag doll.

Would that be considered roaming charge?

Posts: 10980 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
This video shows the astounding strength, power and quickness of Bison. Look how easily the dominant male moves this younger yet still very strong and heavy male out of the way. These animals are not to be underestimated.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ECViNQYuzAI

Posts: 11858 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

WTF is a "beefalo?"

They're like a Bremalo except from Texas, not Bremerton, WA. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:

WTF is a "beefalo?"

Its a hybrid between a a buffalo and a cow. Yields a richer or fatter meat, easier to cook using normal methods, not adding fat.

Thanks! Always something new to learn on the forum!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool video of a bunch of “full-growed” Texas longhorns being unloaded from a trailer. Years ago, in Arizona, I worked for a rancher who had a small herd of registered longhorns. Spring calving is a special time anyway; it’s really special when each calf is uniquely marked and you get to see a newborn for the first time, sometimes still wearing the golden slippers it wore to its birthday.

BTW, Having worked with both longhorns and F1 Brahma crosses, I can tell you for sure, neither is more dangerous than any other breed. What makes the biggest difference is how often the cattle see a man.

Posts: 13287 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post