SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Playing matador with a bison. What could possibly go wrong?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Playing matador with a bison. What could possibly go wrong? Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
Actually, I'm amazed he was able to walk away. Definitely a contestant for the Darwin Award.

Video at link

https://nypost.com/2018/08/02/...uch-how-youd-expect/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
What could possibly go wrong?

Hopefully quite a lot.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
How he didn't end up with his guts stomped out is amazing.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
That was mildly disappointing - I was rather hoping that the buffalo would launch the bozo into the lake.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Huge animal! Why would anyone do that? I was hoping the bison would flip him up into the trees.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
That was mildly disappointing - I was rather hoping that the buffalo would launch the bozo into the lake.

+1

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
City slickers!

They think this is Disneyland, the happiest place on earth.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
What the hell was he doing? The bison was off the road to the side and he taunts him?

That thing was huge!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19690 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just the most recent example of magnum stupidity in the GYA. There’ll be another shortly. Amazing how people I assume to be semi-intelligent, lose their minds when they get to the Park.

Posts: 13287 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Ole!

Posts: 5764 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Too bad the Bison didn't connect a little bit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Idiots!! They're everywhere.

I really wish people would learn how to use their cellphone cameras. Geesh!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I love how at the critical moment the videographer lowers the camera and we get to see some fascinating fenders and asphalt.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Looks like nothing actually went wrong.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I crew up with cows & Bull sin my backyard. My granddads pastures bumped up behind our property. I wouldn't do that with a bull I wasn't comfortable around. A bison... whole lot of nope!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Just the most recent example of magnum stupidity in the GYA. There’ll be another shortly. Amazing how people I assume to be semi-intelligent, lose their minds when they get to the Park.
I cannot fathom the asinine bear-human and bison-human interactions you must've seen in your career.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23297 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I crew up with cows & Bull sin my backyard. My granddads pastures bumped up behind our property. I wouldn't do that with a bull I wasn't comfortable around. A bison... whole lot of nope!

Bull sin? Good grief! Imagine that!! Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As TMats replied, this is what we deal with almost every day..............

PC

Posts: 1341 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I live in MT, this is why going to Yellowstone NP is like a trip to the insane asylum during the summer. Beautiful place that has the need for a lottery system to control the number of visitors, Glacier Park being in need of the same, reservations only. Hunters have to submit to the draw system, time for something similar. The stupid foreign tourists are more dangerous than the Bison.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Disappointing. I was waiting for the bison to just plow through that guy.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16404 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post