SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gupta is a pussy. He has no courage that I can see, none, and Rogan is much more patient with this lying shit head than I would be. Rogan should have just stopped and said "What is your problem? You made it all the way through medical school, but you're sitting here behaving as if you can't comprehend a handful of sentences on a web page. This is deliberate. It's obvious that you're doing this deliberately"
Cowardice is one thing, but when you couple that with a complete lack of ethics, you get a guy like Gupta who will tow whatever line he's given so long as the big paycheck and on air appearances continue. I wouldn't let this POS treat either of my dogs.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) joined Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures.

Senator Johnson is one of the few lawmakers openly speaking out on the historic dangers of the COVID vaccines.

On Sunday Sen. Johnson had this to say on the mandates, “The mandates are pointless. Now that we know that fully vaccinated individuals are getting infected, they can transmit the disease. Unfortunately, they are being hospitalized, they’re getting seriously ill, they’re dying. There’s no point to the mandate, whatsoever.“

On the dangers of the vaccines, Senator Johnson added, “They’re completely ignoring the vaccine injuries. And Maria, people really need to understand this because it’s not being reported. It’s being suppressed. But over 25 years with the flu vaccine there were a little less than 1,700 deaths reported on the Vaccine Adverse Reporting System (VAERS). That’s CDC’s early surveillance security system… With the COVID Vaccine, we’ve had 16,766 deaths in 10 months administering this vaccine.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...ths-10-months-video/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Mayor Lightfoot...

No cops are above the law on covid mandates... now excuse me while I go attend a ball game with no mask

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I saw that clip of her also. She, like many libs in a position of authority, thinks way too much of herself.

Since when can she make a law just by shooting off her mouth.

Wouldnt any vaccine mandate she imposes be a regulation, without force of law?

There is an acutal law that could seriously undue this overreach, besides the fact that these are all wholely unconstitutional.

https://news.wttw.com/2021/09/...-defy-covid-mandates

Illinois’ Health Care Right of Conscience Act is one of the nation’s broadest. It states:

“It is the public policy of the State of Illinois to respect and protect the right of conscience of all persons who refuse to obtain, receive or accept, or who are engaged in, the delivery of, arrangement for, or payment of health care services and medical care.”

The statue’s definition of health care specifically includes “testing,” which those relying on it believe bolsters their legal stance.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Mayor Lightfoot...

No cops are above the law on covid mandates... now excuse me while I go attend a ball game with no mask

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No clinical trials to see if this is safe?

Report: FDA to permit 'mixing and matching' of booster shots

FDA planning to allow Americans to get a different booster shot of COVID-19 vaccine than the one they initially took, sources say.

https://www.israelnationalnews...ews/News.aspx/315293

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is planning to allow Americans to get a different booster shot of a COVID-19 vaccine than the one they initially took, the New York Times reported on Monday.

The government would not recommend one shot over another, and it might note that using the same vaccine as a booster when possible is preferable, people familiar with the FDA’s plans told the newspaper.

The FDA would not comment on the matter.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CORRESPONDENCE Published: 30 September 2021

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

Vaccines currently are the primary mitigation strategy to combat COVID-19 around the world. For instance, the narrative related to the ongoing surge of new cases in the United States (US) is argued to be driven by areas with low vaccination rates [1]. A similar narrative also has been observed in countries, such as Germany and the United Kingdom [2]. At the same time, Israel that was hailed for its swift and high rates of vaccination has also seen a substantial resurgence in COVID-19 cases [3]. We investigate the relationship between the percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases across 68 countries and across 2947 counties in the US.

Methods
We used COVID-19 data provided by the Our World in Data for cross-country analysis, available as of September 3, 2021 (Supplementary Table 1) [4]. We included 68 countries that met the following criteria: had second dose vaccine data available; had COVID-19 case data available; had population data available; and the last update of data was within 3 days prior to or on September 3, 2021. For the 7 days preceding September 3, 2021 we computed the COVID-19 cases per 1 million people for each country as well as the percentage of population that is fully vaccinated.

For the county-level analysis in the US, we utilized the White House COVID-19 Team data [5], available as of September 2, 2021 (Supplementary Table 2). We excluded counties that did not report fully vaccinated population percentage data yielding 2947 counties for the analysis. We computed the number and percentages of counties that experienced an increase in COVID-19 cases by levels of the percentage of people fully vaccinated in each county. The percentage increase in COVID-19 cases was calculated based on the difference in cases from the last 7 days and the 7 days preceding them. For example, Los Angeles county in California had 18,171 cases in the last 7 days (August 26 to September 1) and 31,616 cases in the previous 7 days (August 19–25), so this county did not experience an increase of cases in our dataset. We provide a dashboard of the metrics used in this analysis that is updated automatically as new data is made available by the White House COVID-19 Team (https://tiny.cc/USDashboard).

Findings
At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. Notably, Israel with over 60% of their population fully vaccinated had the highest COVID-19 cases per 1 million people in the last 7 days. The lack of a meaningful association between percentage population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases is further exemplified, for instance, by comparison of Iceland and Portugal. Both countries have over 75% of their population fully vaccinated and have more COVID-19 cases per 1 million people than countries such as Vietnam and South Africa that have around 10% of their population fully vaccinated.

Across the US counties too, the median new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people in the last 7 days is largely similar across the categories of percent population fully vaccinated (Fig. 2). Notably there is also substantial county variation in new COVID-19 cases within categories of percentage population fully vaccinated. There also appears to be no significant signaling of COVID-19 cases decreasing with higher percentages of population fully vaccinated

Much more at link provided.

https://link.springer.com/arti...2Fs10654-021-00808-7

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

FDA planning to allow Americans to get a different booster shot of COVID-19 vaccine than the one they initially took, sources say.

I swear, I feel like these "medical experts" are just throwing this crap out there like Reed Rothchild making a cocktail. "Two, four...mm-hm...whatever."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
How long will it be before the MSM speaks to the ineffectiveness of current vaccine protocols and pushes the failure to the former Trump administration?

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
You can rest assured that it will be before the 2022 midterm elections Mad

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
You can rest assured that it will be before the 2022 midterm elections Mad

With the way Sleepy Joe's Administration is tanking the economy, I doubt there's much the dominant media can do to help the Dims.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Anyone catch what Dan Bongino did yesterday? It'll be interesting to see if he's back on the air today. I got a feeling he won't be, and maybe that's actually the way he wants it, but I applaud the stand nonetheless.

“You Can Have Me Or You Can Have The Mandate” – Dan Bongino Stands Up to Cumulus Radio’s Vax Mandate

by Matt Palumbo
Posted: October 18, 2021

Earlier today on his radio show, Dan Bongino vowed to quit if Cumulus Media, the company that carries the Dan Bongino radio show on hundreds of stations, continues enforcement of their COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

Cumulus’ vaccine mandate was issued back in August, and people are now getting terminated over it. Over the weekend Cumulus terminated Tron Simpson, a weekend host of Newsradio 740 KVOR for refusing the company’s mandate. That comes after a number of employees were denied vaccine exemptions for medical and religious reasons.

In response, Dan, who is vaccinated, issued an ultimatum to Cumulus: “You can have me or you can have the [vaccine] mandate. But you can’t have both of us.”

“Have these companies ever thought of that? The countless numbers of moms and dads who are sitting at the kitchen table explaining to their kids that they may have to move out? That their dad may not have a job because a bunch of people in the C-suite thought it would be a good idea to sit around and play pretend Dr. Fauci for a second, and jam something into their bodies that they don’t want to take?”

He reiterated: “I have no intentions of letting these guys get let go, get harassed, because they made a private and personal medical decision on only one of the biggest issues of our time. There is a real thing called natural immunity. There is an even realer thing called freedom and liberty. This is a constitutional republic. People have the right to make their own medical decisions.”

Currently twelve states ban COVID vaccine manatees to differing (and often disappointingly mild) extents: Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Indiana, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah. While Cumulus is headquartered in Georgia, the mandate ban there only applies to those employed by the state, and those who conduct business with the state.

https://bongino.com/you-can-ha...-radios-vax-mandate/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I turned the TV on and an expert on the Today Show said kids will not all be vaccinated in time for trick or treat, but you could protect your kids by having them wear, wait for it…, a mask! It’s a good thing I’m not an expert on TV because I could not have said that with a straight face.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just make sure the kids wear an extra spooky mask to scare those covids away!

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

I swear, I feel like these "medical experts" are just throwing this crap out there like Reed Rothchild making a cocktail. "Two, four...mm-hm...whatever."

They're taking 'practicing' medicine quite literally.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

Just make sure the kids wear an extra spooky mask to scare those covids away!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
kids will not all be vaccinated in time for trick or treat, but you could protect your kids by having them wear, wait for it…, a mask!

Our district still has a mask mandate for covid, but a no mask policy for their Halloween events. So you must wear a mask, but not wear a mask.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^Proof the people in charge don’t think these things through even a little bit.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
kids will not all be vaccinated in time for trick or treat, but you could protect your kids by having them wear, wait for it…, a mask!

Our district still has a mask mandate for covid, but a no mask policy for their Halloween events. So you must wear a mask, but not wear a mask.

Because they can't tell if you're wearing a mask if you're wearing a mask?

Solution: Come costumed as a surgeon--complete with surgical mask. Then they'll be faced with an dilemma: You're not to wear a costume mask, but you are obliged to wear a surgical-type mask

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:]

They're taking 'practicing' medicine quite literally.

Ugh. JALLAN would have had a field day with this stuff. Then again, he was already under lung constraints. I miss that guy’s input though.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/...CXRzbsqP6aBILW5lJ%2B

Thousands of California Parents Join in Statewide Walkout Against Vaccine Mandate for Students

Thousands of California parents, students, and teachers on Monday participated in a statewide walkout to protest Gov. Gavin Newsom’s decision to mandate COVID-19 vaccinations for all students in both public and private schools.

Newsom, a Democrat, earlier this month announced the vaccine mandate for schoolchildren in grades 7 through 12 once the vaccines have received full approval by the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), making California the first state to implement such requirements.

So far, the FDA has only granted emergency authorization for anyone aged 12 to 15. Newsom’s latest vaccine requirement is expected to take effect in January 2022 or the start of the 2022 school year.

Crowds of Californians opposed to the measures swarmed the steps of the California Capitol, carrying signs that read “My body, my choice,” and “My children won’t be a science experiment to make you feel safe.”

Many parents statewide pulled their children from school to participate in the rallies, in hopes their absences from class would send a message to state officials.

One Sacramento mother, Kendall Ramer, 32, told the Associated Press that she pulled her two children out of elementary school to attend a rally, adding that she and her husband plan to shift to homeschooling once Newsom’s vaccine mandate comes into effect.

“Everybody should be able to make their own choice for what’s good for them,” she said.

Los Angeles Unified School District employee Hovik Saponghian told SkyFOX that schoolchildren shouldn’t be forced to “take something without all the data.”

“I’m here protesting the mandate because we don’t believe that we should take it religiously, ethically or morally,” said Saponghian.

Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) parent Rima Mkhitran told the news outlet that she was participating in the rally because “we want our children and our teachers to have a choice.”

“As a parent, I think I have the right with other parents to stand up for our children,” she said.

“I don’t want to get the vaccine for my child because they are too young. There are no studies showing the long-term effects. We should wait for a couple of years,” added LAUSD parent Nara Vardaresyan.

Hundreds of parents and students also gathered at a recent Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District (PYLUSD) board meeting to voice their opposition to the COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

“This is way too new to be injecting 100 percent of our kids, and we need to have a choice,” Kristen Mortensen of Placentia told The Epoch Times.

“I’m here to stand up for my children’s rights and all kids in our district in our county. They do not deserve to be injected with something that has no long-term studies yet,” added Rick, a father of two students within the district.

Newsom’s plan to mandate COVID-19 vaccinations for schoolchildren has received mixed feedback, with West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice announcing on Oct. 3 that there’s “no chance” he would do the same.

“From the standpoint of mandates, I don’t believe in imposing upon our freedoms, over and over and over. And I’ve said that over, I don’t know how many times I gotta say it,” Justice, a Republican, told CBS’s “Face The Nation.”

“But from the standpoint of our children, I’m going to still encourage in every way, because I truly believe that the more people that we get vaccinated, the less people will die. But at the same time, we still got to stand up for who we are.”