SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson Interviews Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Over FL Special Legislative Session to Pass Law Restricting Businesses From Firing Employees Over Vaccine Mandate

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis speaks with Tucker Carlson about his recent announcement calling for a special legislative session to tackle attacks on personal health decisions and the unconstitutional Biden Vaccine Mandates.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too much to copy and paste. The National Institute of Health just changed the definition of Gain of Function on it's website after the new revelations that gain of function research was being conducted in China funded by the NIH.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...n-ending-experiments

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I just wonder if Mr. Pipe Smoker, upon submitting his initial post on 21-JAN 2020, would EVER have thought this issue would develop into the pure political shit-storm it has become.

What say you, sir?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's only been 22 months but it seems like many years ago since Pipesmokers post initiating this thread.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
My religious exemption was approved today. They’re paying for weekly testing starting December 9th

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
My religious exemption was approved today. They’re paying for weekly testing starting December 9th

Thanks for posting. That's the best news I've heard all day! Keep up the good fight!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^That's fantastic news Benny...VERY Good to hear! Smile

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I just wonder if Mr. Pipe Smoker, upon submitting his initial post on 21-JAN 2020, would EVER have thought this issue would develop into the pure political shit-storm it has become.

Seeing Pipe Smoker's username has long been a sign to me that it would be worthwhile to drop into a thread and see what's happening, and this whole thing has indeed become a (pleasantly) surprising shitstorm. But when it comes to generating unintended consequences by starting a thread I don't think anyone will ever top Milliron.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
AMEN, brother!! It was that KILLER letter you laid on ‘em! Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thank you, my friends! Keep fighting for what you believe in! I was pleasantly surprised, since I'm in liberal Oregon and the HQ for my company is in Andover, Massachusetts.

Tony.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Illinois Sheriffs Reject Mayor Lightfoot's Urgent Plea To Cover Police Shortage In Crime-Hit Chicago

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...e-shortage-crime-hit

As hundreds of Chicago police are being put on "no-pay leave" over their refusal to submit their personal Covid vaccination status with the city, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot appears to have fewer and fewer allies as she desperately tries to fill the gap of officer shortages due to the vax order. Area county sheriffs are refusing to send additional manpower that's she requesting to urgently cover the gaps, telling her that's it's a problem of the mayor's own making.

"Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot received a rude awakening after multiple sheriffs in nearby jurisdictions refused her request to fill the gap in police manpower after she threatened to fire 3,000 local officers for not complying with the city's COVID-19 vaccine mandate," The Washington Examiner reports on the latest developments. "DuPage County Sheriff James Mendrick and Kane County Sheriff Ron Hain said they've helped Lightfoot in the past, but her latest request is a self-inflicted wound that could have been avoided. They said they would only step in and help the Chicago Police Department if city officers were in distress or under duress."

Sheriff Hain had this to say, echoing recent criticisms of the Chicago police union which has cited terrible communication and heavy-handedness in place of requests for dialogue on the issue: "[The Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System] typically responds to emergency situations where there is no opportunity for planning," Hain said. "This situation to me is much different."

Despite sheriff's offices shutting the door on the mayor's request to cover Chicago PD officer shortages, police continue to reportedly be summoned to headquarters where they are given one last on the spot ultimatum: submit to last week's vaccine status order or be relieved from duty without pay.

So far the city says it's not yet going after street patrol officers, which is obviously on fears of a coming crime wave that will hit an already understaffed notoriously high-crime city.

BBC has complied recent statistics as the standoff over the vax mandate continues:

Chicago, a city of nearly three million people, has seen more than 1,600 sexual assaults, nearly 3,000 shootings and 649 murders this year - a 14% increase over last.

Just as violent crimes have risen, though, thousands of the city's police force may not show up to work.

...Nearly one-third of Chicago's almost 13,000-member police department have so far refused to register their vaccination status, putting them on track for dismissal. Twenty-one have been officially removed from active duty so far, but some officials have warned that the mandate could leave Chicago's police force dangerously depleted.

Adding fuel to the fire of the crisis, President Joe Biden during his CNN Town Hall remarks Thursday night continued pushing his view that emergency responders should be fired for defying local vaccine mandates.

The president even appeared to mock those rejecting vaccine mandates on the basis of "freedom"...

"I have the freedom to kill you with my COVID," Biden said, mocking what he sees as the attitude of mandate opponents. "No, I mean, come on, freedom."

Meanwhile the head of Chicago's largest police union, John Catanzara, is still urging officers to hold the line, despite a weekend gag order imposed on him by the city.

"It is the city's clear attempt to force officers to 'Chicken Little, the sky is falling' into compliance," he's recently urged the union's 11,000 members. "Do not fall for it. Hold the line."

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Area county sheriffs are refusing to send additional manpower that's she requesting to urgently cover the gaps, telling her that's it's a problem of the mayor's own making.
Oops! It appears Little Lori has crapped the bed big time and no one is going to come clean it up for her. She's painted herself into a corner with no way out and I'm loving it. Even Vlad is laughing at this ridiculous moron.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great news!

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Eat shit and die, Xi Jinping

China Is Pushing a New COVID Origin Theory: Maine Lobsters

In mid-September, Marcel Schliebs, a disinformation researcher at the University of Oxford who had been tracking messaging that Chinese diplomats and state media spread on Twitter for 18 months, spotted the emergence of a surprising coronavirus origin theory.

Zha Liyou, the Chinese consul general in Kolkata, India, tweeted an unfounded claim that COVID-19 could have been imported to China from the United States through a batch of Maine lobsters shipped to a seafood market in Wuhan in November 2019. It marks the latest in a series of theories that have been pushed by pro-China accounts since the start of the pandemic.

With some further digging, Schliebs uncovered a network of more than 550 Twitter accounts, which he shared with NBC News, spreading a nearly identical message, translated into multiple languages — including English, Spanish, French, Polish, Korean and even Latin — at similar times each day between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. China Standard Time.

Some of the accounts were “unsophisticated sock puppets” with “very few or zero followers,” Schliebs said, while others appeared to be accounts that were once authentic but had been hijacked and repurposed to spread disinformation.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you, my friends! Keep fighting for what you believe in! I was pleasantly surprised, since I'm in liberal Oregon and the HQ for my company is in Andover, Massachusetts.

I saw you posted the letter you wrote for your exemption last night, but have since removed it. Curious why?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“ Zha Liyou, the Chinese consul general in Kolkata, India, tweeted an unfounded claim that COVID-19 could have been imported to China from the United States through a batch of Maine lobsters shipped to a seafood market in Wuhan in November 2019”.

What utter horse shit. I’m nearly positive I got the wuflu in 11/19 before it was acknowledged to be in the wild on a work related trip to California. All the symptoms were there. I believe Covid was first spread at the military games in 10/19 in Wuhan as previously speculated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...ovid/?outputType=amp

Who do these assholes think they’re fooling? Does anyone doubt that these savages are the enemy of the entire world?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Who do these assholes think they’re fooling? Does anyone doubt that these savages are the enemy of the entire world?

No, no-it came from Europe

quote:
Coronavirus: Chinese officials say latest outbreak in Beijing 'is a European strain'

Officials claim the virus is from Europe but is a different, and older, strain to the one currently spreading in Europe.

..or was it from India?

quote:
Chinese scientists now claim coronavirus originated in India in summer 2019

Oh, from the U.S.A...

quote:
Was Coronavirus Developed in Fort Detrick Military Lab in US? Conspiracy Theory Surfaces After China's Claim

Pitch 'til you win, ChiComs Roll Eyes

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
"Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot received a rude awakening after multiple sheriffs in nearby jurisdictions refused her request to fill the gap in police manpower after she threatened to fire 3,000 local officers for not complying with the city's COVID-19 vaccine mandate,"

Don't you just love watching clueless leftists get their comeuppance?

Sadly, though, it will be those officers that remain on duty and the good, honest, hard-working people of Chicago that will pay for it Frown

Maybe, just maybe, Chicago voters will learn something from this? Don't laugh. Could happen. Hell, even Detroiters finally Got A Clue after the disaster that was Kwame Kilpatrick. They're still electing Democrats, but at least Duggan is a competent Democrat that isn't as far off in never-never land as the likes of Leftfoot.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am sure there are still plenty of Daleys in the area.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for a video on this story I read a week or so ago and I finally found it. This is a very interesting take on how one group dealt with Covid, a group many people would look upon as inferior to the rest of society given how they choose to live their lives. But did they get this right while the rest of the US listened to the BS 'experts'? I'm inclined to believe they just might have.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post