SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
On one of last night's local "news" broadcasts...

Surprised local media would report this.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

I was kind of surprised, myself.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I guess there is hope for the world after all. Smile

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seamus
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What is surprising about this? I feel like I've been seeing numbers like that every night for a while.

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough."

-Mark Twain

Posts: 416 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seamus:
quote:
quote:

What is surprising about this?

That the "news" media is reporting how many of the infected are "vaccinated," while, at the same time, pushing the "vaccination" narrative.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seamus
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That the "news" media is reporting how many of the infected are "vaccinated," while, at the same time, pushing the "vaccination" narrative.

I don't think that's what they are saying with those bullet points. Those are the total percentage of vaccinated residents in Michigan. They report that every night.

https://www.michigan.gov/coron...214-547150--,00.html

-Mark Twain

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't think that's what they are saying with those bullet points. Those are the total percentage of vaccinated residents in Michigan. They report that every night.

In my area of the country, anything that goes against the pro vaccine narrative gets little/no coverage.

-- George Orwell

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

I read it the same way they did too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hmmm... Fair enough. You could be right.

They should clarify those bullet-points, then, because that sure is how it read to me.

posted Hide Post
What is the meaning of the asterisk after the 79 new deaths?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’ve been really reluctant and quite anti-Covid vaccine from the beginning with this but I’ve gone ahead and scheduled the J&J shot for Monday morning.

My 27 year old nephew dying from Covid this week really shook me and then the final straw was hearing from my good friend Friday night that a co-worker of his, age 48 and the same age as me, also with young children, caught it and died this week as well.

It’s the complete randomness of how this hits people that’s finally made me make up my own mind . Why is it my Dad age 76 got it recently and was fine but his 27 year old grandson is now a jar of ashes because of it? Frown

An update from me on this. After doing more research on the J&J shot and its issues with blood clots, Guillain Barre syndrome AND now something related to DVT, I decided this wasn't going to work for me. I have A-Fib from time to time (going on a CPAP has really seemed to tamp that way down though) and blood clots are one of the major concerns/issues with this condition.

I opted for the Moderna instead and got my first dose today at Costco and it was surprisingly busy at the vaccination station in the pharmacy and it seemed like mainly first timers like me.

It looks like some countries have actually dropped or banned the J&J Covid vaccine altogether now.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
To Anthony Faux-chi.....

Uhhh...no, you farce. I don't have to give up a DAMNED thing! I know of a document written on parchment that starts out "We the People" that gives me certain unalienable rights granted by God himself.
Oh contrare my friend, the exulted garden gnome has spoken and you will obey or pay. As Fauci also mentioned, we dirty unvaccinated serfs should also be prohibited from going to work or traveling, and Christmas is out until we bend a knee to high highness and his dictates.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seamus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
What is the meaning of the asterisk after the 79 new deaths?

I don't remember word for word how they phrase it, but that includes deaths added from vital record reviews.

-Mark Twain

posted Hide Post
I wondered when this happen.The need for a new vaccine. https://www.theepochtimes.com/...xt-year_4030976.html

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

issues with blood clots, Guillain Barre syndrome
About five or six years ago I was in my Primary Care Doc's office for routine visit, he asked whether I wanted a flu shot. I had been getting them annually at a walk-in Doc-In-A-Box, but one-stop shopping sounded like a good idea.

Six weeks later I wound up in hospital for over a week. Guillain Barré. IVIG transfusions. Still not 100% recovered.

Doc now has me on the no-fly list for most of the common vaccines -- flu, pneumonia, shingles, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^
It's harder and harder to justify taking the current jab... so, Change it up!:

CEO of COVID-19 Vaccine Maker Says Different Vaccine May Be Needed by Next Year

The head of BioNTech, which makes one of the most common COVID-19 vaccines in the world, said that new vaccines might be necessary by 2022 to combat the “next generation” of COVID-19 variants.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24119 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
‘It’s Going to Be Tough’: $700 Million Lost per Week as Lockdown Devastates Australia City
Melbourne is a "broken place"

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...my-hard_4030178.html

Victoria’s economy has lost over $700 million (US$508 million) per week since the start of the lockdown, with business and consumer confidence levels bottoming out.

This comes as Melbourne claims the world record for the longest locked down city in the world, overtaking Argentinian capital Buenos Aires for the number of days under government-mandated lockdown.

“We are going to get past this,” Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews told reporters on Oct. 3.

“We are going to end this lockdown and open up, and all that we will enjoy then will be a result of all that we have given.”

But the premier’s sentiments were not shared by the CEO of Australian Industry Group, Innes Willox, who said Victorians feared the sixth lockdown would not end after the three weeks promised by the premier.

“Melbourne is pretty much a broken place, and 246 days of lockdown would do that to you —that’s eight months of lockdown in 18 months,” Willox told Sky News Australia.

“The economic devastation is huge—its emotional devastation, it’s impacted our education, our economy, and Melbourne’s resilience—it’s been very tough and will continue to be tough.”

Former Victorian Premier Jeff Kennett also criticised the lockdowns saying the city’s longest lockdown title was “nothing to be proud of.”

“[T]here’s a massive loss of trust in the leadership of Victoria,” Kennett told the Herald Sun newspaper.

“What it represents is a great deal of inconvenience, hardship, loss of industry, businesses and major events,” he said.

According to the state government’s statistics, Victoria’s tourism economy experienced a significant decline of 50 percent, or a loss of $12.7 billion, in the year to June 2021 compared to the previous year.

Meanwhile, total visitors to and within Victoria decreased by 33 percent to 53.7 million from the year ending June 2020, compared to the previous year—representing a loss of 26.7 million visitors.

“Melbourne’s lost all of the attributes that made it strong, events-strong culture, the education sector was so important to Victoria,” Willox told the Today show.

“Events are really the core part of Melbourne,” he said.

“Those sorts of things that are really important to Melbourne’s status and sense of well-being, and we’ve lost two grand finals.”

On Sept. 30, the Victorian government and the federal treasurer announced a $2.27 billion support package for businesses most affected by restrictions as Victoria worked to increase the vaccination rate to cover 70 and 80 percent of the state population. A move that aligns with the national plan agreed to by the intergovernmental National Cabinet body comprised of the prime minister, along with the state and territory leaders.

“Our economy has bounced back strongly before once restrictions are eased and is well-positioned to do so again when lockdowns lift,” Federal Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said in a statement.

According to Victoria’s roadmap, Melbourne’s lockdown is due to end on Oct. 26 when 70 percent of residents are fully vaccinated—however only fully vaccinated Victorians will enjoy more freedom.

Victoria will also be able to keep up with the national plan’s 80 percent threshold only until Nov. 19, which is supposed to see more freedoms released.

“People are at their wit’s end. They want their kids back at school; they want businesses to reopen,” Frydenberg said.

“They are getting the jab in record numbers because they believe that’s the part of the compact they have with their governments—that when they get the jab, the restrictions will ease.”

Ernst and Young chief economist Jo Masters told News Corp in June that Australia’s vaccination drive was critical in limiting the economic impact from lockdowns.

“Locking down is a health decision but has an economic consequence (but) we know that not tackling the virus is a worse outcome,” Masters said.

Meanwhile, protesters took to the streets of Melbourne on Oct. 2 following an announcement by the Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews that vaccination would be mandated for “authorised workers.”

On Oct. 4, Victoria recorded 1,377 new cases, with 82 percent of Victorians over 16 having received their first vaccine dose and 52.1 percent being fully vaccinated with two doses.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's amazing to me how Australia completely destroyed their own economy ON PURPOSE all for what - 1,000 deaths?

How many people die every day there? It's got to be over 1,000, right? Just from old age, accidents, disease etc.

Absolutely amazing. Confused

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Truth. You know it when it slips right out.

https://gettr.com/post/pd2k136e23

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's amazing to me how Australia completely destroyed their own economy ON PURPOSE all for what - 1,000 deaths?

How many people die every day there? It's got to be over 1,000, right? Just from old age, accidents, disease etc.

Absolutely amazing. Confused
The most insane aspect of it is that they're chasing Covid zero with all their draconian measures, which virtually everyone on the planet knows is a fantasy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post