SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
I got the Delta variant 10 days ago from a woman.
We're in the locker room here. Please, do elucidate. Smile
Had a young woman over to the house for some fun. Use your imagination. Bam, instant bed ridden the days after. Haven’t been “up close” with anyone else recently. Pretty crystal. She says she was vaccinated but probably asymptomatic Delta variant carrier. My fault, shouldn’t have let my guard down. It’s just been a minute.
Uh huh

Let me ask you, Prefontaine- would you say "I got COVID-19 from a man"? Forget the particular circumstances. You just know for a fact that you got it from a man. Would you have come in here and said that?

Let's try that out:

Prefontaine: "I got the Delta variant 10 days ago from a man."

Seems...odd, doesn't it? So, why would you tell us you got it from a woman?

As the lawyers among us advise from time to time, never ask a question to which you don't already know the answer, and I am adhering to that advice right now.

Posts: 108262 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Papers please....

https://www.oann.com/new-york-...te-starts-this-week/

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
I got the Delta variant 10 days ago from a woman.
We're in the locker room here. Please, do elucidate. Smile
Had a young woman over to the house for some fun. Use your imagination. Bam, instant bed ridden the days after. Haven’t been “up close” with anyone else recently. Pretty crystal. She says she was vaccinated but probably asymptomatic Delta variant carrier. My fault, shouldn’t have let my guard down. It’s just been a minute.
Uh huh

Let me ask you, Prefontaine- would you say "I got COVID-19 from a man"? Forget the particular circumstances. You just know for a fact that you got it from a man. Would you have come in here and said that?

Let's try that out:

Prefontaine: "I got the Delta variant 10 days ago from a man."

Seems...odd, doesn't it? So, why would you tell us you got it from a woman?

As the lawyers among us advise from time to time, never ask a question to which you don't already know the answer, and I am adhering to that advice right now.

First, dealing with scorched lungs, problems breathing, massive fatigue, thanks for the wonderful support of the community boss. Dealing with this virus, this is so welcomed.

Yes I would state the same. It would have been "I had friends over to the house and one of them must have had the Delta variant because the next day I was sick." So yeah I sure would. And I'd be busting my friends balls to quote the Italians.

I remember that thread and what was said and how you went ballistic on the subject matter. Is that thread this? I think not. Hypergamy continues as does misandry.

I didn't know I was on trial. I'll make a note of it though. On trial here forever.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12758 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
If you got sick the day after, you didn't get it from nailing her.

Incubation period

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
First, dealing with scorched lungs, problems breathing, massive fatigue, thanks for the wonderful support of the community boss. Dealing with this virus, this is so welcomed.
You're a victim You need sympathy, and you're not getting it. You must be at death's door, since your sarcasm is so weak. How do you manage to stay conscious long enough to post?

Better now?
quote:
Yes I would state the same. It would have been "I had friends over to the house and one of them must have had the Delta variant because the next day I was sick." So yeah I sure would.
No, you wouldn't and I know it and you know I know it. Funny how you re-worded it.
quote:
I remember that thread and what was said and how you went ballistic on the subject matter. Is that thread this? I think not. Hypergamy continues as does misandry.
What I remember is your MGTOW BS. I realize you're president-for-life of your local chapter of the He-Man Woman Hater's Club, so, it's important for you to let us know how women are evil, women cannot be trusted, women want only to use and then discard men, if you date women they might have you arrested for sexual assault, marriage is for saps and on and on.
quote:
I didn't know I was on trial. I'll make a note of it though. On trial here forever.
Uh uh. Don't cop out. That doesn't work with me, any more than your "I was sick but you don't show any sympathy" crap you started out with. You are responsible for your words here, so you can just save the "I'm being persecuted" shit. I don't hound you, so stop playing the victim. I did with you what I would do with any member who has a troublesome history in the forum with a particular subject.

You mentioned you got it from a woman for two reasons: it's another opportunity to blame women, who are- according to the things you've posted here- opportunistic succubi . A woman gave you the virus. Oh, evil, evil woman!!

Secondly, you posted that for adolescent bragging rights. Oh, you got laid. Congratulations. Tell us all about it, because no men in this forum ever get their dick wet.

You don't want me to ping you? Then don't post "I got COVID from a woman" when I know damn good and well you would not have posted "I got COVID from a man," if, for no other reason, it might imply something you don't want others here to infer.

I want you- and all posting members- to be authentic when you post, and no kind of smartass response to this is going to do you any good.

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Prefontaine:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RichardC:
I got the Delta variant

Prefontaine:

“Yes I would state the same. It would have been "I had friends over to the house and one of them must have had the Delta variant because the next day I was sick." So yeah I sure would. And I'd be busting my friends balls to quote the Italians”.

And how do you know it’s not from someone else? If it’s as easy to get as purported. Why blame anyone??

Posts: 4419 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
If you got sick the day after, you didn't get it from nailing her.
Incubation period

He's making a ridiculous assumption: It doesn't require close physical contact... it only takes breathing the same air. It could have been anyone he's been in the same room with. And you're right: if he was symptomatic the next day the time-line doesn't even work.
quote:
the incubation period for COVID-19 is thought to extend to 14 days..On average, symptoms show up in the newly infected person about 5 days after contact. Rarely, symptoms appear as soon as 2 days after exposure. One study reported that 97.5% of people who became infected and have symptoms will do so within 11.5 days of SARS-CoV-2 infection. In rare cases, symptoms can show up after 14 days.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24323 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34151 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/...UDT3v4nh%2B69A%3D%3D

Biden Admin Recommends COVID-19 Booster Shots, Will Start Wide Distribution on Sept. 20

Booster shots will only be offered to Americans fully vaccinated with Moderna, Pfizer shots

The United States will begin widely distributing COVID-19 booster shots next month and will recommend them for most Americans who received the vaccine, according to several top federal health officials.

A joint statement from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Rochelle Walensky, National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci, Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, and acting Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Janet Woodcock said people will need boosters starting eight months after they received their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine.

Those who got the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine will likely need boosters as well, they said, although more data is needed before making a formal recommendation. The J&J shot uses a more traditional adenovirus mechanism, whereas the Pfizer and Moderna shots use mRNA technology.

“The available data make very clear that protection against SARS-CoV-2 infection begins to decrease over time following the initial doses of vaccination, and in association with the dominance of the Delta variant, we are starting to see evidence of reduced protection against mild and moderate disease,” said the joint statement, referring to the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus that causes COVID-19.

Federal agencies, as a result, are now preparing to offer the booster doses starting on Sept. 20, they said, adding that individuals who were fully vaccinated will likely be eligible for the third shot, according to the statement. That includes some healthcare workers, nursing home residents, and other senior citizens.

“Based on our latest assessment, the current protection against severe disease, hospitalization, and death could diminish in the months ahead, especially among those who are at higher risk or were vaccinated during the earlier phases of the vaccination rollout,” said their joint statement. “For that reason, we conclude that a booster shot will be needed to maximize vaccine-induced protection and prolong its durability.”

Their announcement came after the White House COVID-19 press briefing on Wednesday, where health officials provided more information about the booster shots.

In the press briefing, Walensky said that the CDC analyzed data that suggested booster shots provided more protection against “severe disease, hospitalization, and death.” Walensky noted that a study found that Pfizer’s vaccine effectiveness against infection dropped over several months, with effectiveness dropping to about 53 percent in July. She said vaccines can protect against severe illness but acknowledged there is “increased risk” for death and severe illness “among those who were vaccinated early.”

Murthy and COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zeints said during the news conference that the plan to distribute booster shots is contingent on whether the FDA and CDC approve them for most Americans before Sept. 20. The CDC last week recommended booster doses for immunocompromised individuals.

The move to recommend booster shots is sure to spark criticism from the World Health Organisation (WHO), which recently called on wealthy nations like the United States to hold off on recommending third doses in lieu of providing vaccines to poorer nations with lower vaccination rates.

In July, WHO director Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus rebuked Pfizer and Moderna for focusing on developing and selling booster shots, arguing in a statement: “We’re making conscious choices right now not to protect those in most need.”

There has also been criticism that Pfizer and Moderna are pushing U.S. officials to quickly recommend boosters to make a profit. Both firms are predicted to reap billions and billions of dollars in revenue from the COVID-19 shots in the coming years.

The federal officials on Wednesday appeared to preempt WHO criticism, with Murthy suggesting it’s a false dichotomy to suggest that the United States cannot produce booster shots and distribute vaccine doses to poorer nations. “We clearly see our responsibility to both,” he said.

Earlier this year, more than a dozen influential scientists told Reuters that recommending booster shots so soon may imperil the public’s confidence in the vaccine. Some scientists, including a former CDC director, also expressed concern about statements made by Pfizer executives that COVID-19 booster shots will be needed every 12 months.

“It’s completely inappropriate to say that we’re likely to need an annual booster, because we have no idea what the likelihood of that is,” Dr. Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who now leads the global public health initiative Resolve to Save Lives, told the news agency, referring to the claim that Pfizer shots will be needed every 12 months.

Posts: 12857 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Booster shots will only be offered to Americans fully vaccinated with Moderna, Pfizer shots

The United States will begin widely distributing COVID-19 booster shots next month and will recommend them for most Americans who received the vaccine, according to several top federal health officials.

So I'm immune from the "booster shot"! Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24323 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
So its getting to the point that we need to get shots every three or four months, wear two masks, and isolate ourselves from all human contact.

Got it.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
So its getting to the point that we need to get shots every three or four months, wear two masks, and isolate ourselves from all human contact.

Got it.
Perhaps you have not read all of the comments in this thread.
May I refer you to Page 803 for additional guidance.
It is wise to read Parabellum’s posts, scroll pages and look for the Eagle.

“Don't french kiss the deer. Got it.” - Parabellum Aug. 15th 2021 9:09 PM

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
And don't get laid.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44109 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:

Got it.
Perhaps you have not read all of the comments in this thread.
May I refer you to Page 803 for additional guidance.
It is wise to read Parabellum’s posts, scroll pages and look for the Eagle.

“Don't french kiss the deer. Got it.” - Parabellum Aug. 15th 2021 9:09 PM

Your response is confusing. What guidance am I supposed to have gleaned from pg 803 as I was referring to the new CDC recommendations for a third "booster" shot in addition to the two/multiple mask and stay away from everybody stupidity also coming from the CDC (and Fauci).

As to the Eagle, I'm well aware of who Para is.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OcCurt, you're fine.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Confusing?
Don’t French kiss the deer.
i.e. when kissing a deer don’t stick your younger in the deers mouth.

See my post with link, two posts above Para’s on page 803.
Deer have been tested positive for COVID.

Your statement was to avoid contact with “humans”.
We must stay distant from deer as well.

This whole COVID rage is getting a bit humorous, that’s all.

Edited to add:
Sorry all.
I thought Para’s response on page 803 was funny, then tried to make a joke, which landed flat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
kimber, it was just a lame joke on my part. There's nothing to be interpreted.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

I want the booster shot 1st. It's the one that apparently does something. Or should I wait for the booster shot's booster shot?

Posts: 11212 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

I want the booster shot 1st. It's the one that apparently does something.

Move to Orlando, they area going to roll it out and you get a free entry into the concert ticket raffle....

Raffle winners will have the opportunity to receive a ticket to see Enrique Iglesias and Ricky Martin, J. Cole, Marc Anthony,  Jimmy Buffett and other concerts at the Amway Center as well as Orlando Magic and Solar Bears games at the Amway Center, Orlando City Soccer Club matches at Exploria Stadium, college football bowl games at Camping World Stadium and shows at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. 

It seems as if the county is going to restrict attendance in Orange County to the vaxxers only.

Posts: 23789 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Not only are masks on children a terrible idea from the standpoint of forcing them to rebreathe CO2...

I think it is pretty well established that cloth or paper masks are minimally (if at all) effective at stopping something the size of a virus particle. The SARS-COV-2 virus is comprised of approximately 200 million atoms. If a mask can't stop that, it sure as heck isn't stopping CO2 at the molecular level.

it’s messing up their ability to learn by observing each other’s facial expressions...

Not my field, but possibly

even causing mouth and face deformities by forcing mouth breathing

Dentofacial development is an integral part of orthodontic education and practice. It takes a lot more than mask wear and mouth breathing to alter the face or dentition

Posts: 8989 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post