SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
video at link

Pelosi speaking to a bunch of Napa Valley elites

notice who wears masks and who doesn't

https://twitter.com/i/status/1429469022542864387

hint:

Posts: 19678 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38897 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

notice who wears masks
The people who are eating are not wearing masks.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30970 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia update: Victoria

Sharing is caring, right?

It's Monday here, and a pleasant 2 weeks to be spent in isolation, after being in close contact with someone who has tested positive for the WuFlu, at a nearby and popular supermarket. Woolworths is similar to a Kroger. Food and produce.

In Victoria, as in other states, there is a health directive under State of Emergency services order, to 'check-in' using a QR code at all venues. That's how they track.

The QR code records time of entry, name and cell phone number for that venue. No other personally identifiable information is obtained, recorded or stored.

Late last night, from VicHealth, came this text message:

This is a message from the Victorian Department of Health.

You have been identified as a close contact of a person with confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) and may have been exposed on 16 August 2021 at Woolworths Millers Junction Altona North.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:

You must isolate immediately and seek testing as soon as possible.
If you are tested for COVID-19 and receive a negative result, you must continue your isolation until the end of the 14-day period. Symptoms may develop anytime between zero to 14 days after the exposure. The Department of Health will be in contact with you shortly to discuss this further and complete an interview.

If you attended the venue with anyone else and they have not received this message, they must also isolate immediately and contact the Department of Health on 1300 651 160.

If you would like more information, please call 1300 651 160 and dial 0 for an interpreter.

Pleased as punch, that I am. Add in to this mix, lockdown and a nightly curfew until end of the month.

"Show me papers" springs to mind ...

There is also some discussion by Those Who Know Better, to change the daily WuFlu reporting stats from positive cases (result from testing) to hospitalization stats.

This as a result as positive cases in New South Wales (NSW) continue to spiral up and beyond. 850 in last 24 hours I think? And 71 in the last 24 hours here in Victoria. Delta variant.

Hospital cases are beginning to rise.

Aus has 6 states and 2 territories.
Only one state - NSW - has gone for the no lockdown and herd immunity approach. Hasn't worked. Now they have some form of lockdown, and a push for vaccinations.

And (poor) vaccination rollout is another subject matter for another time ...
The sun is warm, the grass is green.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
One of my best friends in his mid 30’s got the damn virus. He was in absolutely fantastic shape and worked out 3-4 times a week. This virus kicked the absolute shit out of him. It’s been 2 weeks almost three weeks since he first got it and he recently told me he still can’t catch his breath and cannot play drums for very long without having to stop and catch his breath. His wife has asthma and has been doing even worse. Frown

F this virus. Mad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21175 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reports that full FDA approval of the Pfizer vaccine may come tomorrow. Now I will see if my employer that has strongly recommended vaccines but said it is an individual choice will start making mandates. I already got the Pfizer in March/April because I know it will be necessary for international travel and I need to be ready to go whenever politics allows.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surgeon General: COVID-19 Booster Shot Likely Needed for J&J Vaccine Recipients

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...hpcsC%2F8PIdTQ%3D%3D

U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy said on Aug. 22 that people who have received the Johnson & Johnson single-dose vaccine will likely need COVID-19 booster shots, after other federal health officials and he said days ago that those who got the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines would be recommended to get a third shot starting in September.

“We believe that J&J recipients will likely need a booster, but we are waiting on some data from the company about a second dose of J&J, so the FDA [Food and Drug Administration] can fully evaluate the safety and efficacy of that dose,” Murthy said in a CNN interview.

More data and studies are required, he said, noting when they’re completed, “we can present that to the FDA, and they can also review it for safety.”

“And so as soon as those studies are done, we’ll have more to recommend to J&J recipients about the timing of a booster and which shot they should get,” Murthy said.

When asked about whether it’s safe to administer a booster shot during a separate ABC News interview on Aug. 22, Murthy said that the J&J booster shot is contingent “on the FDA and the CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] Advisory Committee doing their full and independent evaluation.”

Neither agency has approved booster shots for the other vaccines, although the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) earlier this month said that third Pfizer and Moderna shots can be given to people with compromised immune systems.

About a week ago, Murthy was joined by CDC chief Dr. Rochelle Walensky, National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins, and Acting Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Janet Woodcock in saying that federal health agencies will push for booster doses on Sept. 20. Walenksy, during a press conference, cited three studies published by the CDC that show mRNA vaccines’ effectiveness in preventing COVID-19 dropped in July.

Some experts, including one of the developers of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, said that trying to work toward “herd immunity” isn’t possible with the virus, as it will constantly mutate and breach vaccine protection.

“I think [herd immunity] is a pretty distant prospect and we need to get used to the concept that this will become what we call an endemic disease rather than a pandemic disease,” Andrew Pollard, the director of the Oxford Vaccine Group, said on Aug. 10. “A disease that is with us all the time—probably transmits seasonally a bit like influenza where we see winter outbreaks.”

Posts: 12847 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

notice who wears masks
The people who are eating are not wearing masks.

NOBODY is eating in that picture!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9098 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
One of my best friends in his mid 30’s got the damn virus. He was in absolutely fantastic shape and worked out 3-4 times a week. This virus kicked the absolute shit out of him. It’s been 2 weeks almost three weeks since he first got it and he recently told me he still can’t catch his breath and cannot play drums for very long without having to stop and catch his breath. His wife has asthma and has been doing even worse. Frown

F this virus. Mad

Were they vaccinated? Did the take any therapeutics after contracting the virus?

Hope they fully recover quickly!

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
They were not vaccinated and are quite vocally against the covid vaccine. Once they got sick they did what I would call a full court press and took a ton of meds but this is a nasty bug.

Thank you TheNewbie, I am hoping the same thing. It’s very disheartening to talk to my friend about how much this virus kicked his ass and how he cannot do physical activity much at all currently. I’m praying quite a bit for them right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21175 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Keep praying. I will pray for them as well.
Do you know what their treatment regimen is/was?
I also have asthma. I have emailed my doctor about the availability of ivermectin as an early stage treatment should I contract Covid. Thus far I haven’t heard from him.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24304 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest Monoclonal Antibody infusion.

Posts: 17369 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When I was in high school, a friend of mine got monoclonal. OK, bad joke.

"The Monoclonal Wars"

It sings, doesn't it? Even now, Disney Corp is trademarking it

Posts: 108210 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Keep praying. I will pray for them as well.
Do you know what their treatment regimen is/was?
I also have asthma. I have emailed my doctor about the availability of ivermectin as an early stage treatment should I contract Covid. Thus far I haven’t heard from him.

I haven't had any luck with getting a doctor to prescribe Ivermectin, either. I have my veterinary grade ready. I could spare you a tube or two of the paste if you get desperate.

By the way, I sent you an email a week or so ago. I suspect you haven't gotten it. You might check your forum email address.

Posts: 2700 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Ha! I just searched Amals and found it.
I will email you tomorrow. Thx.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24304 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
As was stated by the Republican Party of KY, "This ruling is a victory for the separation of powers and the rule of law as enshrined in our Constitution." Cool

Beshear hates freedom.

Look for him to weasel his way around the law claiming “if it saves one life”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Australian Town Council Sparks Outrage After Killing Rescue Dogs To Prevent Covid Spread

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...prevent-covid-spread

Outrage was sparked after an Australian town council shot dead several rescue dogs in order to prevent volunteers from breaking quarantine to pick them up last week in the city of Cobar, NSW, according to the Sydney Morning Herald, citing the Office of Local Government.

"OLG has been informed that the council decided to take this course of action to protect its employees and community, including vulnerable Aboriginal populations, from the risk of COVID-19 transmission," said a spokesman for the government agency.

According to the report, the shelter volunteers had Covid-safe measures prepared to handle the dogs - one of which was a new mother.

"We are deeply distressed and completely appalled by this callous dog shooting and we totally reject the council’s unacceptable justifications that this killing was apparently undertaken as part of a COVID- safe plan," Animal Liberation regional campaign manager Lisa Ryan told the Herald.

NSW, Australia's most populous state, re-entered a strict lockdown two weeks ago, as officials deployed the military and threatened to go "door-to-door" to enforce mandatory COVID restrictions and tests on Australians, according to Victoria Premier, Daniel Andrews.

Posts: 12847 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Australian Town Council Sparks Outrage After Killing Rescue Dogs To Prevent Covid Spread
OK, now this is going to piss me off. Mad

Planet Earth needs to get a fucking grip

I hope these dogs are the straw that breaks the camel's back. These stupid assholes are killing innocent creatures over nothing, because they're scared of their own shadow.

The dogs aren't the animals in this story Mad

I'd take a fucking baseball bat to these jackasses. Mad This is just too much. Mindless ranting about masks is one thing, but killing dogs in your care is beyond words. The people who made that decision need to be paid back in full. I hope they get what they deserve.

Posts: 108210 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It would be fitting if the town council members had some medical emergency but no ambulance would go to them to avoid breaking quarantine.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12840 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Australia is a beautiful country. That said it’s government fucking sucks. Remove that nanny state government, sprinkle in a lot of freedom then bring back Holden and you’ve got the coolest place on earth. Oh almost forgot and the anti gun people would all have to be reprogrammed or deported to dumbfuckistan.

I’m not at all shocked the Aussie government would do that. The level to which that place wants to be a nanny state is bordering on totalitarian. I have never in my life seen so many FN dui checkpoints. I wonder if Germany had that many in the 30’s and 40’s?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~