SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
My daughter just gave me a set of rules for any contact with my grandsons since I'm not getting the stab. Outside visits for now with masks (under her supervision) Strict 10 day quarantine upon arrival where she lives before indoors visits, but only 7 with clean test. I'm very sadly out.

That's really messed up. I hope she realizes in time just how idiotic it is to separate her children from their grandfather like that. Does she also not realize that it barely even affects children?

My 4 year old son had a little bit of fever this weekend that lasted about 36 hours, they bounce back fast. By Sunday afternoon he was his regular crazy energetic self.

She's willing to risk sending him to full time pre school next month, which is deemed vital and worth it, but contact with his grandfather isn't vital.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
If she's concerned about you and wants you to be protected (misplaced as it might be) by being vaccinated before visiting and getting tested after visiting, that's one thing.

If she's thinking you're endangering her child and wants you vaccinated and tested before visiting, then sorry, she's not thinking critically.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12856 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
If she's concerned about you and wants you to be protected (misplaced as it might be) by being vaccinated before visiting and getting tested after visiting, that's one thing.

If she's thinking you're endangering her child and wants you vaccinated and tested before visiting, then sorry, she's not thinking critically.

He has some respiratory risk factor which is a game changer to her. I guess I should be happy she's unwilling to risk her kids health, but I feel like she's risk hypocritical sending him to pre school with many unknowns.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
she's risk hypocritical sending him to pre school with many unknowns.

Yes, that's the point of contention. You're probably even less risk - you may be more likely to present. Other sources may not present clearly and she may not even have visibility to them even if they did.

Depending on the prevalence in your relative areas and how much you both are continuing to go out in public, she may be more risk than you. Not that she can avoid her child but academically speaking.

Anyway, good luck to you. Hope it all gets worked out.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12856 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.kiro7.com/news/tre...DEVF4DA5SR57HW23HFY/

July 28, 2021 at 8:25 pm PDT
By Bob D'Angelo, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
OMAHA, Neb. — A man wearing a mask was shot in the neck with a BB gun at a supermarket in Nebraska on Tuesday, authorities said.

Phil Anson, a spokesperson for the Omaha Police Department, said the incident occurred at an Aldi grocery store in Omaha. The man wearing a mask was walking out of the store when he was confronted by a man who was maskless, the Omaha World-Herald reported.

According to Anson, the man without a mask spat on the other man, the newspaper reported.

The men began to scuffle, and the man without a mask pulled out a pistol-type BB gun and shot the other man, Anson said.

According to the victim, who asked not to be identified, he suffered injuries to his face and neck and had to remove a pellet from his shoulder, the World-Herald reported.

“I asked him why he would do that and he said, ‘You’re on the other team,’” the victim told the newspaper.

The unmasked man, who also was not identified, was arrested on suspicion of felony terroristic threats and misdemeanor assault, Anson said.

Emphasis mine.

Posts: 16002 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Leave it to the crazies to fuck up a good fake pandemic.

Posts: 108290 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
I believe Lefty is correct and have thought the same
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
It is not about the virus, if it were the Southern border would not be open and they would not be bussing illegals who were not tested all over the country.

It's entirely likely they are intentionally doing this to cause higher infection/hospitalization/death rates in southern Republican states to discredit their governors' refusal to enact vaccine or mask mandates or continued lockdowns. Don't ever underestimate the propensity of marxists to kill people to achieve political goals.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2023 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
as BD said, Florida is has moving moved on....
And yet, there's this. You don't think the Dem's are terrified of DeSantis... I'm not going to post the article because its pure garbage, but the link is here if you want to.

'Recall Ron DeSantis' Petition Hits 35,000 Target as Delta Variant Devastates Florida

Hmmmm, I live in Central Florida and have for the past half century, yet I see no bodies piling up on the sidewalks today, and the people at the local events I see seem to be getting along with their lives just fine.

Monday is my day off to run errands, that bit about unemployment...every single place I stopped at had a "We are hiring" sign.

Posts: 5811 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to think this is one more way to divide the country.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
A man wearing a mask was shot in the neck with a BB gun at a supermarket in Nebraska on Tuesday, authorities said.

Sounds exactly like something that Jussie Smollett would set up.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15783 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I vented about my daughter limiting contact with my grandsons due to me not getting the stab, many kind, sympathetic, caring and constructive posts followed. Thanks a bunch guys.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Good for her, I really hope the NYC health goons don’t try to shut her down over this. Imagine if EVERY business owner just said “Nope! Not doing that”, this would end before it even started:

A NYC restaurant manager goes renegade in the face of new vaccination-proof rules

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's hilariously ironic is I looked at the vaccine data for NYC, and the demographic with the lowest adult vaccination rate is...Blacks, at under 40%. So guess who will be segregated to outdoor spaces only while the larger vaccinated white population gets to enjoy the indoors? And of course there will be no pushback from the left wing media who serves at the pleasure of the Democratic party.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Good for her, I really hope the NYC health goons don’t try to shut her down over this. Imagine if EVERY business owner just said “Nope! Not doing that”, this would end before it even started:
I noted that earlier in this thread. Business owners both in New York and elsewhere have the solution available to them 'if' they will simply band together and muster up the courage to just say no. The government only has the power over us we consent to. Simply take back that consent.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jussie Smollet WOOF WOOF

Homeland Security: Former top Tennessee vaccine official paid for muzzle sent before firing

https://www.tennessean.com/sto...dit-card/8155357002/

Tennessee's former top vaccination official, who was fired in July, may have sent herself a dog muzzle, and there's no evidence it was intended to threaten her, a new state investigation found.

A new investigative report from the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security obtained by The Tennessean indicates the muzzle was paid for with Dr. Michelle Fiscus' own American Express credit card, a revelation sure to raise questions about her credibility.

"There is no evidence to indicate that the dog muzzle was intended to threaten Dr. Fiscus," Special Agent Mario Vigil wrote in a memo attached to the case that closed Monday.

In a Tweet on Monday afternoon, Fiscus denied sending the muzzle to herself and is waiting for more details on the investigation.

Fiscus in July reportedly received an anonymous package containing a muzzle days before was fired from the Tennessee Department of Health, her husband Brad Fiscus told The Tennessean at the time.

Michelle Fiscus was fired from her role as the state's top vaccination official in mid-July in a move she has claimed was politically motivated.

She received a box marked with Amazon branding containing the item at her office approximately a week before she was fired, Brad Fiscus said.

In the box was a black dog muzzle, he said. After opening the box, he said his wife called him and he urged her to reach out to the state Homeland Security agency to investigate the sender.

At that time, he told The Tennessean that Amazon refused to release details of the account holder without a subpoena.

Homeland Security began investigating "an incident" involving Michelle Fiscus and a muzzle, spokesperson Wes Moster confirmed in a July email.

The findings in the report were first reported by Axios Nashville.

Vigil found two Amazon accounts in Michelle Fiscus' name during his investigation, the report shows.

"The first account was the account that Dr. Fiscus allowed us to review during our interview with her. The second account was the account that the muzzle was purchased on," he wrote. "The AMEX card number on both accounts" belongs to Fiscus.

The muzzle was sent from an account created in March that only has Fiscus' health department office address connected to it.

The agent also investigated emails sent to Fiscus' official health department account but determined they did not constitute a threat.

Special agents opened the investigation July 7, the same day Fiscus reported receiving the package.

She told agents she at first thought it might have been a prank from a colleague but she and her supervisors became concerned after no one would confirm they had sent it, the report indicates.

The following day, Vigil reports an employee with Amazon Loss Prevention said it appeared the receiver was also the sender, but could not produce more information without a subpoena. Investigators accessed Fiscus' main Amazon account and reviewed her purchases, the report said. The list did not include the muzzle.

She told special agents neither she, her husband nor her daughter had ordered and sent the item.

Vigil then obtained subpoenas on July 21 from a Nashville judge to access more details from the Amazon account and from the phone service provider of the number linked to the new account that sent the muzzle.

In a Tweet Monday afternoon, Michelle Fiscus denied sending the muzzle to herself.

"No, I didn't send it to myself," Fiscus wrote.

A statement sent from Brad Fiscus by text, attributed to his wife, reiterated the denial.

The pair claims the new account was set up with a Washington state phone number and are waiting for more information from the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security on their findings.

All phone numbers have been redacted from the version of the report obtained by The Tennessean.

Gov. Bill Lee on Monday declined to comment on the report's findings.

"I knew that the Department of Safety was investigating, but I haven’t read the report," Lee said Monday afternoon. "It just came out."

In the weeks after her firing, Fiscus slammed the state in a 1,200-word statement after her firing and accused health department leaders of allowing politics to undermine the state’s coronavirus response. She says she was a scapegoat for Republican lawmakers who were displeased with efforts to vaccinate children.

Brad Fiscus recently announced he plans to step away from his role on the Williamson County School Board next month.

Posts: 12863 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
New Zealand to Australia, yo hold my beer.

New Zealand to enter nationwide lockdown after single coronavirus case found

New Zealand's government took drastic action Tuesday by putting the entire nation into a strict lockdown for at least three days after finding a single case of coronavirus infection in the community.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern invoked some of the stirring rhetoric she used early in the pandemic by urging the "team of 5 million" — New Zealand's population — to go hard and early in trying to eliminate the latest outbreak.

"We have seen what happens elsewhere if we fail to get on top of it," Ardern said. "We only get one chance."

She said Auckland, where the infected man lives, and Coromandel, where he had visited, would go into a full lockdown for seven days and the remainder of the country for three days while health experts tried to find the source of his infection.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the areas where the infected man lives and visited will enter a full lockdown for seven days while the rest of the country will lockdown for three days.

The developments prompted people to line up outside supermarkets to stock up on essential items and sparked a sharp drop in the value of the New Zealand dollar.

New Zealand had managed to stamp out the virus, and the last outbreak was in February. But Ardern had been warning that the contagiousness of the delta variant would likely require more drastic action than previous outbreaks.

New Zealand has also been slower than other developed nations to inoculate its population, leaving it vulnerable to outbreaks. Only 32% of people have had at least one shot and 18% are fully vaccinated.

And officials have been viewing a growing outbreak in nearby Sydney with alarm, saying they don't want to make the same mistakes by waiting too long to impose strict measures.

Health officials said genome testing would not verify until Wednesday whether the infected 58-year-old man had the delta variant, although they were working under the assumption he does.

Officials said they could not immediately find a connection between the man and the handful of people who have tested positive while isolating in quarantine after arriving from abroad. The border is seen as the most likely source of any outbreaks.

The move into the strictest lockdown underscored the vastly different approach New Zealand has taken to the virus than most other nations, which are attempting to suppress its spread rather than eliminate it entirely.

New Zealand has reported just 26 virus deaths since the pandemic began.

The lockdown takes effect from just before midnight Tuesday. It requires people to remain at home and avoid others. Most people can leave only to buy groceries or exercise. The nation's vaccination program had been accelerating but has been suspended for two days due to the outbreak.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20941 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
New Zealand to Australia, yo hold my beer.

I really don't get this at all. They've had 26 deaths total since this all began. 26! Yet they are committing economic suicide right in front of our eyes. Eek

That new Amazon LOTR series production was just moved from NZ to the UK because those idiots won't let anyone in to film:

Elijah Wood's Reaction To Lord Of The Rings TV Show Leaving New Zealand Is Simple But Says It All

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Article on Israel’s experiences with Covid vaccines.

https://www.sciencemag.org/new...oes-not-defeat-delta

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abbot & Costell's "Who's On First" updated version.

Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Yes.’
Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look. I’m not sick.
Bud: ‘Ok.’
Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
Bud: ‘That’s right.’
Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Certainly.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
Bud: ‘Absolutely not?’
Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
Bud: ‘I know.’
Lou: So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ….If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
Bud: ‘Correct.’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick!!’
Bud: ‘You can still get them sick.’
Lou: ‘So then masks don’t work!’
Bud: ‘Masks work quite well.’
Lou: ‘So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if I’m not sick and masks work?’
Bud: ‘Third base.’

Posts: 15945 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NIH Director Admits School Mask Mandates Are Not Based on Data of COVID-19’s Effect on Children

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...hildren_3952495.html

National Institutes of Health (NIH) director Francis Collins on Tuesday indicated that the push to make America’s youngest students wear masks at school is more due to concerns over potential school closures, rather than based on data of COVID-19’s impact on children’s health.

Collins weighed in on the debate over mask requirements in American schools during an interview with “The Hugh Hewitt Show.” When asked by host Hugh Hewitt about recent federal recommendations that children in kindergarten through 3rd grade should wear masks, Collins said that although young children getting COVID-19 is rare, unmasked students could cause COVID-19 outbreaks at schools, forcing their peers to return to remote learning.

“It is still pretty rare, but it is not zero, and we now have more than 400 kids that have died of this. So we have to think about that,” he said.

“If they’re unmasked in the classroom, you know what’s going to happen. There’s going to be an outbreak,” he continued. “And then what happens? The kids go back home again. That’s a bad outcome. So even if you’re not worried about their personal health, if you’re worried about the fact that we want them to stay in school, the masks may be an important way to achieve that.”

Hewitt, who was unimpressed with Collins’s use of the word “may,” notes that K–3 students are vulnerable to speech development problems that affect the rest of their lives if they can’t see people’s full faces. He then moved to ask whether there is data showing that kids in grade K-3 “are at greater risk of hospitalization or illness of serious sort from taking their mask off.”

“I wish we had that data,” Collins replied. “But Hugh, I don’t think you’re hearing me. It’s not just about that.”

“You’re worried about what goes on. But you just said there’s no data,” said Hewitt. “So you guys are guessing.”

Collins explained that the health officials are not guessing, once again pointing to recent reports about school districts closing classrooms because of COVID-19 cases. Hewitt, however, argued that school districts are overreacting to those cases since there is no data showing that the risk of suffering from severe COVID-19 symptoms outweighs that of developing speech deficits.

“You tell me, they closed because of the number of positive tests,” Hewitt said. “But was there real harm? Because if it’s the flu or a common cold in children, that was a bad decision and a panicky one.”

“I think we’ve created a concern about panic with outbreaks among children when the children do not demonstrate any significant [symptoms],” he added. “I don’t think you have any data showing that there’s a significant, greater risk of being sent home than lifelong learning deficits.”

“I don’t think we have the data on either side of it, Hugh,” replied Collins. “I think right now, we’re all trying to do the best we can.”

In its latest version of school reopening guidelines, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends “universal indoor masking” by students age 2 and older, staff, teachers, and visitors to K–12 schools, regardless of their vaccination status, citing the “circulating and highly contagious Delta variant.”

“The CDC really hates to have to make recommendations based on anecdotes,” Collins said. “But sometimes it’s what you’ve got at the time.”

Posts: 12863 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post