SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Recent days have seen a further downturn in the number of new cases announced by China’s National Health Commission, not that experts ever really trusted the data. Of the 19 new infections reported by the NHC early Tuesday, 17 were in Wuhan, while the remaining two were "imported" cases of the disease, or at least that would seem to fit with the new focus of the regime's propaganda: tightening restrictions on visitors from the US, Italy and other countries impacted by the virus, while complaining that the west hasn't shown China appropriate deference for its "sacrifice" in containing the outbreak...

"appropriate deference"? How about a big FUCK YOU China for starting this whole mess. When do you plan to export the next novel coronavirus our way?

Posts: 9124 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
rOgue, I believe Matt sold Drudgereport and is no longer affiliated with the site.

Wrong. He still owns it. Easily verified.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
rOgue, I believe Matt sold Drudgereport and is no longer affiliated with the site.

Wrong. He still owns it. Easily verified.

He had some sort of falling out and went from a pretty solid Trump guy to a crazy anti-Trumper in less than a year. Something Trump did or said to him must have pissed him off bad.

I used to check that site multiple times a day since 1999 or so. Now, I don't even bother, it's all garbage links now. Orange Man Bad, Sky is Falling. Fuck him.

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
COVID-19 Datapack images.

Link

Variety of sources but with some like this:

{image removed - it was HUGE}

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12515 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:
AS a person with cardio/diabetes/hypertension and in the 47 year old age bracket nursing a sniffle right now, I really wish I didn't see that chart.

Well, according to those who keep pointing out how many people die from other diseases and therefore we shouldn’t fret about or take precautions against COVID-19, you’re way ahead of most of us. You’re not just susceptible to dying from seasonal flu like everyone else, your other conditions supposedly mean that this one shouldn’t even be on your radar. Having hypertension and being at an age when my peers are dropping around me, I’m in a slightly similar situation: Ha, COVID-19, threaten someone else; I ain’t skeert of you! (As I understand how I’m supposed to think.)

That so-called “reasoning” isn’t how I’ve always assessed the total risk of multiple hazards in the past, and it seems quite bizarre to me. It is, however, so common these days that I’m beginning to wonder if I could be wrong about everyone else’s being out of step but me. Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47505 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Have you guys been looking at airfare prices to China? Now might be a good time to plan that trip to China. I think the prices will continue to drop for a bit but we’re getting close to killer deals territory on a trip to China.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21181 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you guys been looking at airfare prices to China? Now might be a good time to plan that trip to China. I think the prices will continue to drop for a bit but we’re getting close to killer deals territory on a trip to China.

Yeah, emphasis on "killer" Eek

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
COVID-19 Datapack images.

Link

Variety of sources but with some like this:

{image removed - it was HUGE}

Thanks for sharing that. Those infographics were pretty interesting/helpful.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I went to 100% cash in retirement accounts a few weeks ago Today I put back 20% of my cash position. Looking to add more if/when we get 5-10% lower yet. Got to scale in.

Posts: 3256 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3966 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:

quote:
Recent days have seen a further downturn in the number of new cases announced by China’s National Health Commission, not that experts ever really trusted the data. Of the 19 new infections reported by the NHC early Tuesday, 17 were in Wuhan, while the remaining two were "imported" cases of the disease, or at least that would seem to fit with the new focus of the regime's propaganda: tightening restrictions on visitors from the US, Italy and other countries impacted by the virus, while complaining that the west hasn't shown China appropriate deference for its "sacrifice" in containing the outbreak...

"appropriate deference"? How about a big FUCK YOU China for starting this whole mess. When do you plan to export the next novel coronavirus our way?

Some canned sunshine might be appropriate.

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Well, according to those who keep pointing out how many people die from other diseases and therefore we shouldn’t fret about or take precautions against COVID-19...

I don't recall seeing anyone here posting anything of the sort. In fact, I've seen multiple people say follow the same precautions you would take against getting the flu. You are normally a solid voice and source of reason, logic, and critical thinking. What happened?

Posts: 11216 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

Well, according to those who keep pointing out how many people die from other diseases and therefore we shouldn’t fret about or take precautions against COVID-19...

I don't recall seeing anyone here posting anything of the sort. In fact, I've seen multiple people say follow the same precautions you would take against getting the flu. You are normally a solid voice and source of reason, logic, and critical thinking. What happened?

Taking a stance pointing out how this has been so over-hyped by the msm and democrats (yes, we know - they are basically one and the same) does not mean we are encouraging people to "not take precautions."

AT THIS TIME, Covid is not nearly the EOTWAWKI scenario the media has made it out to be. Maybe next month, but not today.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21866 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Coronavirus Central Daily Podcast

wow

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12515 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:...

quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:...

Exactly^2

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44118 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

There has been some false equivalency made to COVID 19 and the yearly influenza. I felt it was always with good intentions and was pointed out that we as a nation underutilize the yearly vaccination. Follow the CDC guidance for your specific demographic and judge the risk to yourself accordingly.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is this going to be the new normal for a while? Frown

quote:

A group of passengers panicked when they saw a fellow traveler coughing and sneezing. It turns out he just had allergies, reports say.

NEWARK, NJ — A flight from Colorado bound for Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey was diverted last weekend when a small group of passengers panicked, mistaking a fellow traveler's allergies for coronavirus symptoms, reports say.

United Airlines flight 1562 was headed for Newark on Sunday when a passenger began to sneeze and cough. A handful of people sitting nearby became concerned that the person was infected by the novel coronavirus that's reportedly killed at least 27 people in the U.S., United Airlines officials told KUSA-TV.

When the passengers became "disruptive," the plane was forced to divert to Denver, where it landed without incident, CBS4 reported.

Airline officials told CBS4 that the passenger was suffering from allergy symptoms. They were evaluated on the plane and didn't show signs of a fever. That passenger was allowed to fly to Newark when the plane left about 30 minutes later, and the disruptive passengers were removed from the flight.

Nobody was arrested, 9news.com reported.

Link

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This article has a graph (second image) showing that the US Coronavirus trend line is the same as the (very bad) Italian trend line, although we’re eleven days behind.

https://mol.im/a/8095485

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9197 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Luca Brasi sleeps with the Petri dishes.

Posts: 108290 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
This article has a graph (second image) showing that the US Coronavirus trend line is the same as the (very bad) Italian trend line, although we’re eleven days behind.

Which means we have time to learn from the Italians and plan ahead.

We won't, of course, but we could.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post