SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
How about this… You do you. Whatever you’re comfortable with, you do. The problem comes in when others try to tell me or others what to do. Take care of and worry about yourself.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Holy Shit, you have to ask...Just put your 'big boy pants' on and make a decision! If you feel you're at risk, then take appropriate precautions/actions to protect yourself, but only YOU can make that determination.

FYI - COVID-19 is Super Contagious, NOT Super Deadly...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Defeat Delta Variant, Experts Recommend Doing All The Things That Didn't Work The First Time Big Grin

https://babylonbee.com/news/to...-work-the-first-time

U.S.—To defeat the massive, scary, definitely world-ending wave of COVID being driven by the delta variant of the deadly, frightening disease you should remain afraid of for the rest of your life, experts are recommending we try all the things that didn't work the first time.

From wearing masks and social distancing to locking everyone down and destroying the economy, experts are all suggesting that we just try the same things we did last time that didn't work at all.

"We are going to lock down, wear masks, and social distance, all of which didn't work, but hey. It's worth trying again," said Dr. Anthony Fauci in a television interview this morning. "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. That's what they taught us in science school. Look at my lab coat. It's white. Do you like it? It has pockets."

The television anchor then assured Dr. Fauci that his pockets were very nice.

"Thanks. I also have the heartbeat thingy. I like to breathe on it to warm it up. Makes me look official and doctory and whatnot."

At publishing time, experts had clarified that while we're going to be doing the same things that didn't work over and over again, we're going to be doing them harder this time.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Got diagnosed with Covid on Sunday after waking up with a low grade fever. Got vaccinated with Pfizer back in Jan. Basically felt like I had a hangover- body aches/headache, fever never got above 100.1- which some say isnt even a true fever. Dayquil took care of most of the symptoms. On monday mostly same symptoms, but only took Tylenol for the headache- nose and throat werent much of an issue but my taste buds did dull a bit. Woke up today- no fever, bit of a sinus type headache, so not too shabby.
So on one hand as a paramedic in LA County whos seen hundreds of Covid cases, Im thankful mine isnt that bad. My wife took both kids to get tested yesterday, they were sick a week ago but no fever so its possible they had it and gave it to me- who knows.
So yeah the vaccine doesnt stop you from contracting the virus, but I am getting along much better than most who didnt get it. Crossing my fingers Im over the worst of it.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
what should I do re masks in this close proximity with strangers?

You know what to do.

It’s the only way.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ugh one must wear two n95 masks under that mask as well.... Roll Eyes get with the program smudge!

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am getting along much better than most who didnt get it.

Are you? Considering that most who get this really don't have major symptoms.

One of my guys is a paramedic and they had vaccine material left over which was offered to his family. His oldest son contracted covid post vaccination from his girlfriend and her family. They all got it.

Boy was vaccinated. Girl was not. Identical mild symptoms.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
^^^^^ugh one must wear two n95 masks under that mask as well.... Roll Eyes get with the program smudge!

What, you don't see them? They're under there!

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
So yeah the vaccine doesn't stop you from contracting the virus, but I am getting along much better than most who didn't get it. Crossing my fingers I'm over the worst of it.

I hope you are over the worst of it too...
But how do you know your particular circumstances are any better or worse than if you had NOT had the Pfizer jab (approximately 6 months ago) back in January?
I don't think you can know either way. Perhaps you still would have had a mild case.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The television anchor then assured Dr. Fauci that his pockets were very nice.
I'm not ashamed to admit that this kinda choked me up.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
So yeah the vaccine doesn't stop you from contracting the virus, but I am getting along much better than most who didn't get it. Crossing my fingers I'm over the worst of it.

I hope you are over the worst of it too...
But how do you know your particular circumstances are any better or worse than if you had NOT had the Pfizer jab (approximately 6 months ago) back in January?
I don't think you can know either way. Perhaps you still would have had a mild case.

So I had these exact symptoms back in Feb of 2020, so now Im almost positive I had covid back then. I never get fevers and I havent had the flu in a very very long time. This started the same way: chills in middle of the night, woke up to fever and overall crappy feeling- went to work anyways and took dayquil. Not much sneezing or coughing unlike a flu. Fever stuck around 2 days, started to go away, come back the next night and then gone. I remember still being pretty tired the rest of the week.
This recent illness is very much like that but overall much milder. Its true I cant attribute it to the vaccine. Maybe my immune system already remembered it from Feb of 2020 and responded, maybe the MRNA ahit did the trick. Honestly I dont care, Im not in the hospital, my family is ok, and bourbon still tastes like bourbon.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I heard on the car AM radio that NFL is making unvaccinated players wear yellow wristbands
, and that some higher court ruled that private and .gov entities could require vaccinations. It's all coming together for the ruling class.

I've heard and read comments from some of the the more disturbed Americans that the unvaccinated are selfishly putting them, the compliant vaccinees at risk of illness and death, and that the unvaccinated deserve be isolated, to get sick and to die.

My first thought was, I think a few people (esp. GOP fuckworts) owe Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. an apology for her comments likening current events to how the Third Reich treated its Jewish citizens.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
What, you don't see them? They're under there!

Big Grin

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, sadly. This should get interesting the next few months.

https://profootballtalk.nbcspo...ow-for-unvaccinated/

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So the best option for NFL teams is to not put the yellow band on running backs, receivers or the quarterback, so that the vaccinated D players will stay away from them, boom instant touchdown!

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When has the Justice Department ever weighed in this quick?

Department of Justice Declares COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates Legal

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...8Z%2FN63aFuC0z4nENOk

Federal law doesn't prohibit public agencies, private business from requiring vaccines for employees

BY JACK PHILLIPS July 27, 2021 Updated: July 27,

The Department of Justice concluded in an opinion that federal law doesn’t prohibit public agencies and private businesses from requiring COVID-19 vaccines under the Food and Drug Administration’s emergency use authorization.

On July 26, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, California, and New York City said they would require some of their government workers to get the COVID-19 shot or be tested weekly. Veterans Affairs, with the move, became the first federal agency to mandate the vaccine.

The Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel on July 26 wrote (pdf) that because access to COVID-19 vaccines is more commonplace, “numerous educational institutions, employers, and other entities across the United States” have said they will require some individuals to be vaccinated against the virus as a condition of employment, participation, benefit, service, or relationship.

“For instance,” it wrote, “certain schools will require vaccination in order for students to attend class in person, and certain employers will require vaccination as a condition of employment.”

The opinion, which noted that some have questioned the legality of such mandates, concluded that federal law concerning the FDA’s emergency use authorizations (EUA) on COVID-19 vaccines made by Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson doesn’t “prohibit public or private entities from imposing vaccine requirements, even when the only vaccines available are those authorized under EUAs.”

With the Justice Department’s statement and the July 26 Veterans Affairs mandate, it appears to leave the door open for other federal agencies to make COVID-19 vaccines a requirement for employees.

Rutgers University became the first university to mandate them for both employees and students earlier this year. And last week, Carnegie Hall in Manhattan announced that it will require audience members, staff, and performers to provide proof of vaccination before entering the building.

The Justice Department’s opinion comes as messaging from mainstream media outlets, some government officials, and world leaders around vaccines has become increasingly forceful in recent days. Amid reports of an increase in “Delta” variant cases, authorities in France and Italy have recently introduced vaccine passport-type systems for entering private businesses, including restaurants, gyms, theaters, and more, a move that triggered widespread demonstrations across Europe over the weekend.

Responding to the vaccine opinion, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio told MSNBC: “Public sector entities need to move as quickly as possible. This DOJ decision is important. I think that will be helpful. We have got to put pressure on this situation.”

Throughout the pandemic, the federal government has implemented few COVID-19-related restrictions and namely has targeted travel and public transportation. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued guidance—not mandates—around mask-wearing.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki, who has given conflicting statements around whether the administration supports vaccine passports, told reporters during a briefing last week that the administration isn’t requiring officials to get vaccinated.

“No, we have not mandated it,” Psaki in response to a question about whether the White House has made COVID-19 shots mandatory. She appeared to say that the White House offered the vaccines to every employee.

Some Republican-led states, meanwhile, have passed laws that forbid the usage of vaccine passports in government agencies and offices. Florida went a step further in May after Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, signed a law that prohibits all private businesses from using vaccine passports in his state.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Beginning tomorrow, masks will be required to browse SIGforum. The Delta variant and all that.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^

I move for two masks, it just makes common sense that it likely would be more effective.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post

This ought to do it.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Beginning tomorrow, masks will be required to browse SIGforum. The Delta variant and all that.

Well played Sir. Saint Fauci can’t even top that.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post