SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Prove it. Point by point, show us the data that unequivocally proves your assertions.

Which assertion? The one he made a month ago, the one yesterday, or the one today? I never realized "the science" changed so much so quickly.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Link

Houston Methodist Hospital Suspends Workers Over Vaccine Compliance

Houston Methodist Hospital has suspended almost 200 of its workers who are resisting a mandate to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

The hospital announced on Tuesday that 24,947 workers — more than 99% of its employees — were fully vaccinated against COVID, following the hospital's pathbreaking policy to require vaccination for people who work there.

"I couldn't be prouder of all of you as I know that, for some, this was a very difficult decision," said hospital president and CEO Marc Boom, MD, in a written statement. "I want to personally thank you for choosing to get vaccinated. You did the right thing. You protected our patients, your colleagues, your families, and our community."

The hospital said that as of this week, it had suspended 178 workers who had declined to comply with the requirement or who had not received an exemption or deferral.

"Of these employees, 27 have received one dose of vaccine, so I am hopeful they will get their second doses soon," Boom said.

The hospital said 285 of its employees received a medical or religious exemption and 332 were granted deferrals for pregnancy or other reasons.

The noncompliant full-time or part-time employees are suspended for 2 weeks without pay. They won't lose their jobs if they get their second dose of a vaccine or get the Johnson & Johnson one-dose shot.

"While we celebrate this remarkable accomplishment, I know that today may be difficult for some who are sad about losing a colleague who's decided to not get vaccinated. We only wish them well and thank them for their past service to our community, and we must respect the decision they made," Boom said in the statement.

A group of 117 people who work at the Houston health system has filed a lawsuit against the medical center, objecting to its policy.

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad day when idiots refer to vaccination status as an accomplishment. Although for some of them it may indeed be the most prolific achievement of their life.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Sad day when idiots refer to vaccination status as an accomplishment. Although for some of them it may indeed be the most prolific achievement of their life.

I'm surprised we haven't seen people tattoo the vax cards on themselves yet.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Texas attorney who filed the lawsuit, Jared Woodfill, is known to champion conservative causes. In March 2020, he challenged Harris County's stay-at-home order, charging that it violated religious liberty.

I applaud this Texas attorney! Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

How about pharma logos?
https://youtu.be/U77MA42hrHA

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
You protected our patients, your colleagues, your families, and our community."

His royal highness Fauci himself says that the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting Covid or spreading it so how in the fuck does this 'protect' anyone other than the person that got it?

Its akin to wearing a seatbelt and expecting it to somehow protect the other drivers on the road.

"We're following science" my ass.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sreding:
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
You protected our patients, your colleagues, your families, and our community."

His royal highness Fauci himself says that the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting Covid or spreading it so how in the fuck does this 'protect' anyone other than the person that got it?

Its akin to wearing a seatbelt and expecting it to somehow protect the other drivers on the road.

"We're following science" my ass.

His statement is disingenuous on many levels but especially for an MD who is running a large healthcare system. I'm willing to bet their system has "patient rights" posters displayed throughout their facilities along with mandatory training regarding those rights for their employees. They no doubt strictly stress the collaborative nature of the healthcare system/patient relationship with emphasis on the patient's autonomy with regard to accepting or rejecting treatment options recommended by the system.

Contrast that with the apparent inability of those employed by the system to opt out of a vaccine classified for emergency use.

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
How DARE we question His Holiness, Saint Fauci!

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I would put that asshat on the list of those in this world that need to die a horrible, painful, excruciating, long-term, agonizing death. Just sayin'...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
For those facing forced vaccination to keep your job or career consider this letter written by a US lawyer and explore it with your own legal counsel:

https://vivabarneslaw.locals.c...loyee-letter-example

Dear Boss,

Compelling any employee to take any current Covid-19 vaccine violates federal and state law.

First, federal law prohibits any mandate of the Covid-19 vaccines as unlicensed, emergency-use-authorization-only vaccines. Subsection bbb-3(e)(1)(A)(ii)(III) of section 360 of Title 21 of the United States Code, otherwise known as the Emergency Use Authorization section of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, demands that everyone give employees the "option to accept or refuse administration" of the Covid-19 vaccine. ( https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/21/360bbb-3 ) This right to refuse emergency, experimental vaccines, such as the Covid-19 vaccine, implements the internationally agreed legal requirement of Informed Consent established in the Nuremberg Code of 1947. ( http://www.cirp.org/library/ethics/nuremberg/ ). As the Nuremberg Code established, every person must "be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision" for any medical experimental drug, as the Covid-19 vaccine currently is. The Nuremberg Code prohibited even the military from requiring such experimental vaccines. (Doe #1 v. Rumsfeld, 297 F.Supp.2d 119 (D.D.C. 2003).

Secondly, demanding employees divulge their personal medical information invades their protected right to privacy, and discriminates against them based on their perceived medical status, in contravention of the Americans with Disabilities Act. (42 USC §12112(a).)

Third, conditioning continued employment upon participating in a medical experiment and demanding disclosure of private, personal medical information, may also create employer liability under other federal and state laws, including HIPAA, FMLA, and applicable state tort law principles, including torts prohibiting and proscribing invasions of privacy and battery. Indeed, any employer mandating a vaccine is liable to their employee for any adverse event suffered by that employee. ( https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/faqs#vaccine ). The CDC records reports of the adverse events already reported to date concerning the current Covid-19 vaccine.( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vaers.html )

With Regards,

Employee of the Year

------------

I am healthy, if it was me I would do everything in my power to avoid taking any of these vaccines. Reliable long-term safety data is at least a year away.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

You mean like this genius?

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

You mean like this genius?

What a tool !! Taking the term loser to new lows.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:
Third, conditioning continued employment upon participating in a medical experiment and demanding disclosure of private, personal medical information, may also create employer liability under other federal and state laws, including HIPAA, FMLA, and applicable state tort law principles, including torts prohibiting and proscribing invasions of privacy and battery. Indeed, any employer mandating a vaccine is liable to their employee for any adverse event suffered by that employee. ( https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/faqs#vaccine ). The CDC records reports of the adverse events already reported to date concerning the current Covid-19 vaccine.( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vaers.html )

The employer liability for adverse events may be somewhat covered and offset by health insurance, paid leave of absence and/or short/long term disability. What we really need are severe compulsory and punitive damages for each occurrence on the level that would really make a company think twice about a mandate. In addition, criminal charges should be filed with compulsory time served upon conviction. No plea bargains, no suspended sentences, no time off for good behavior.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12723 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

Update from behind the COVID lockdown lines, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

How are you doing there in dystopian Australia? They re-lock you down again yet?

When are you Aussies going to have enough of this madness?

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia update: Victoria

We are now out of that two week lockdown.
Some restrictions remain in place, #1 being masks required when outdoors.

The State is tracking 75 active cases (folks who tested positive) and 142 exposure sites. No hospitals/ICU were harmed in the process.

The 2 false positives that triggered the ridiculousness, changed to 'concerns for the Indian Delta variant are found'; devious distraction.

The MSM read more as bleating a rinse and repeat mantra. Creating concern where there is none.

Pubs and clubs, gyms, must stay closed for the time being. This is quickly killing off those industries in this state.

This a long weekend in Victoria - we acknowledge and celebrate a belated Queen's birthday. It is winter here, crappy weather forecasted.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:
For those facing forced vaccination to keep your job or career consider this letter written by a US lawyer and explore it with your own legal counsel:

https://vivabarneslaw.locals.c...loyee-letter-example

snip...

For the love of all that is holy, don't rely on ANYTHING in that letter. There is a lot of spectacularly bad advice in there.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Germany Starts Rolling out a Digital EU Vaccination Pass

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...m_campaign=ZeroHedge

Germany on Thursday started rolling out a digital vaccination pass that can be used across Europe as the continent gets ready for the key summer travel season.

The country’s health minister said starting this week vaccination centers, doctors’ practices, and pharmacies will gradually start giving out digital passes to fully vaccinated people. The CovPass will let users download proof of their coronavirus vaccination status onto a smartphone app, allowing them easy access to restaurants, museums, or other venues that require proof of immunization.

The vaccination passport should be available to everyone in Germany who is fully vaccinated by the end of this month, Health Minister Jens Spahn said.

“The goal is that this certificate can also be used in Helsinki, Amsterdam, or Mallorca,” Spahn told reporters in Berlin.

People who have already been fully vaccinated in recent weeks will either get a letter with a QR-code they can scan with their phones, or they can contact their doctors or pharmacies to retroactively get the digital pass.

“By doing so, we in the European Union are setting a cross-border standard that doesn’t exist elsewhere in the world yet,” he said, adding that the digital vaccination pass is an important step for the revival of international tourist travel.

The country’s disease control agency, the Robert Koch Institute, reported Thursday that 47 percent of the population, or about 39.1 million people, have been vaccinated at least once. Almost 24 percent, or 19.9 million people, are fully vaccinated.

On Wednesday, almost 1.3 million people received a vaccine jab, the second-highest daily number since the country started its vaccination campaign late last year.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Great, a 21st century 'Papers Please' program being rolled out in Germany 'that can be used all across Europe'....And NO sewing required! Anyone else see the irony here... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

“By doing so, we in the European Union are setting a cross-border standard that doesn’t exist elsewhere in the world yet,” he said,

I wouldn't be bragging about that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post