SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’ve stopped wearing masks regardless of signs or whether others are wearing them. If an employee asks me to wear one, I’ll conform since it’s still policy. But I just ignore others.

But despite policy and signs, employees are no longer asking me to wear a mask even though most people still do.

Policy stops in a few weeks I think.

I just spent the weekend in New Jersey. Everyone was masked inside EXCEPT me. No one said a word to me. To be fair though, I only went inside a Wawa and a liquor store. Still, make your default position that masking is NOT normal and proceed accordingly. You'll feel great. That's exactly what I told my family. Show a little courage. Really, it takes almost none anyway. The most someone will do is ask you to put on a mask or leave. Not exactly storming the beaches at Normandy, ya' know? Just a little courage. That's all I ask of people.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Michael Yeadon, Former Vice President and Chief Science Officer of Pfizer, Sounds the Alarm Bell on the Pandemic as Power-Grab Pretext

https://rumble.com/vg4inv-mich...planet-lockdown.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
In Maine, Der Fuhrer, Janet von Mills, has "relaxed" the COVID restrictions and echoed President Xiden saying you don't have to wear a mask if you've been vaccinated.

This puts me in an odd position. I haven't been vaccinated (and won't be), but I hate being a good little mouse and wearing the mask.

In absolute moral terms the solution is simple. Don't wear the mask as a default. If asked about vaccination, be truthful and put on a mask.

The temptation to lie and say I've been vaccinated is strong, but sure as hell they'd ask me for proof.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15492 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

In absolute moral terms the solution is simple. Don't wear the mask as a default. If asked about vaccination, be truthful and put on a mask.

The temptation to lie and say I've been vaccinated is strong, but sure as hell they'd ask me for proof.

I have absolutely zero moral qualms lieing to anyone who asks me about vaccinations in that situation. None.

And ask for proof? Yeah right. I'd grab my crotch and say here's my proof. The gall of something even asking me that. Seriously

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
If asked by them, ask them “Is it true that you have stopped beating your wife/husband/spouse/kids/whomever”.

NONE of their damn business.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2798 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you vaccinated? What a stupid question - nearly everyone has received "a" vaccination or two.

No need to feel guilty about saying "of course, who hasn't?"

Or you could be a wise guy and say "no blood clots and my heart is not inflammed, so apparently not". Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If asked, "Have you had a vaccination"? My response is, "Abso-fukking-lutely!!" They just don't need to know it was when I was 9 years old and in the 3rd grade. It's none of their gd business...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
If asked, "Have you had a vaccination"? My response is, "Abso-fukking-lutely!!" They just don't need to know it was when I was 9 years old and in the 3rd grade. It's none of their gd business...

That's my plan too.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
What is that if not an obvious and deliberate act of deception?
Just another step in the process of trying to push people to take a vaccine most don't need or want. But yes, it's pure deception and yet another reason why people in growing numbers don't trust the government, CDC, the medical community, or by extension, the media pushing this BS narrative.
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Also, I heard that the Pfizer vaccine makes your testicles and sack ever so slightly luminescent. It's very faint, but your nads will glow. You have to be in a really dark room to see it.
Cool! That means I wouldn't need a flashlight any more when I take the dogs for a walk at night. Razz

Damn mine already glowed before I got the shot. I thought it was normal.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8926 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
If asked about vaccination, be truthful and put on a mask.

Repeat after me, Paul: “I’m sorry, I do not discuss private health matters with strangers.”
No lying necessary.

Posts: 17625 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
In Maine, Der Fuhrer, Janet von Mills, has "relaxed" the COVID restrictions and echoed President Xiden saying you don't have to wear a mask if you've been vaccinated.

This puts me in an odd position. I haven't been vaccinated (and won't be), but I hate being a good little mouse and wearing the mask.

Repeat after me, “I’m in the control group”

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11460 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Shit…sigh Roll Eyes

My employer, a big defense contractor (no I don’t like to spell it out here) has just put out that IF you’re fully vaxxed for the WuFlu and IF you certify and provide proof to the HR system, you may remove your face diaper and cease social distancing.

But for the rest of us filthy serfs, if we cannot or choose not to be vaxxed with with Saint Fauci’s Holy Oil, we must continue to wear the muzzle of compliance and the bare-facers are to continue to shun us at a 6 foot distance. Mad

I’ve now been totally outed as someone who didn’t get the vaxx and if I lie and certify I did get it so I can lose the mask, we’ve been warned that suspects will be investigated and punished up to termination.

W
T
F

Posts: 34542 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Shit…sigh Roll Eyes

My employer, a big defense contractor (no I don’t like to spell it out here) has just put out that IF you’re fully vaxxed for the WuFlu and IF you certify and provide proof to the HR system, you may remove your face diaper and cease social distancing.

But for the rest of us filthy serfs, if we cannot or choose not to be vaxxed with with Saint Fauci’s Holy Oil, we must continue to wear the muzzle of compliance and the bare-facers are to continue to shun us at a 6 foot distance. Mad

I’ve now been totally outed as someone who didn’t get the vaxx and if I lie and certify I did get it so I can lose the mask, we’ve been warned that suspects will be investigated and punished up to termination.

W
T
F

Sounds like its approaching coercion, especially if co-workers begin harassing you or treating you differently. Ask an attorney what he/she thinks.

How would they investigate you? They cannot access your medical records - they can only ask you.

And look at the silver lining - maybe you'll get invited to fewer meetings. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Sounds like its approaching coercion

Oh it’s totally coercion going on here. They’ve been hounding us all for months now to get vaxxed, I’ve actually been “volunteered” to assist with 6 mass drive thru vaccination clinic events on our campus for employees and their spouses and still would not let them give it to me.

I guess I’ll be wearing a mask forever, going on 18 years with this company and I’m sure as shit not getting fired over some silly BS like telling them I’m vaxxed then they find out I’m not.

It’s all so damn discouraging, and it’s going to be a complete mess. Do they NOT realize they’ve just created a caste system there with two classes of employees? Confused

Posts: 34542 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
What’s the legitimacy of the Nuremberg Code against not getting vaccinated and being subject to disparate treatment?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Sounds like its approaching coercion

Oh it’s totally coercion going on here. They’ve been hounding us all for months now to get vaxxed, I’ve actually been “volunteered” to assist with 6 mass drive thru vaccination clinic events on our campus for employees and their spouses and still would not let them give it to me.

I guess I’ll be wearing a mask forever, going on 18 years with this company and I’m sure as shit not getting fired over some silly BS like telling them I’m vaxxed then they find out I’m not.

It’s all so damn discouraging, and it’s going to be a complete mess. Do they NOT realize they’ve just created a caste system there with two classes of employees? Confused

Oh yeah they do most certainly. Guessing those making these policies are not vaxxed either. You can bet that is the case.
You will comply it sounds like eventually.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19710 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
As mentioned in the "Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad?" thread re: Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)

TGA probe into Guillain-Barre Syndrome diagnoses in eight patients after AstraZeneca vaccine

The TGA has launched an investigation after eight Australians were diagnosed with a rare illness that can cause paralysis after having the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The medical regulatory agency has launched an investigation after eight cases of a rare illness that can leave patients paralysed were diagnosed in Australians after they had the AstraZeneca vaccine.

“A possible link between Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) and the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine remains under investigation in Australia and internationally,” the TGA said.

“As of 19 May 2021, we have received eight reports of GBS in patients vaccinated with the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.

“The TGA continues to monitor and investigate Australian adverse event reports for GBS.”

GBS is a rare immune system disorder that causes nerve inflammation and can result in severe pain, numbness, muscle weakness and difficulty walking.

The disorder often resolves within a few months, with more severe cases taking up to two years, and some people with the illness can experience paralysis.

Special blood treatments can help relieve symptoms and physiotherapy is needed during the recovery process.

The TGA’s COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report also revealed six new cases of blood clots and low blood platelets were likely to be linked to the vaccine.

“Three are newly reported confirmed cases – one in a 57-year-old woman from Victoria, one in a 53-year-old man from South Australia and the final case in an 18-year-old woman in Queensland,” the report said.

“Review of an earlier case in a 79-year-old Victorian man has now been confirmed as meeting the diagnostic criteria.

“Two other new cases, in an 87-year-old woman from South Australia and a 71-year-old woman from Victoria, were deemed probably related to the vaccine, but more clinical information is required for any confirmations to be made.”

The TGA maintains that reporting rates of blood clotting in Australia were “consistent with what is being seen internationally”.

Last week, the TGA suggested a “higher proportion of less severe cases may be being reported in Australia”.

“This may be due to high levels of awareness in the community and among the medical profession around TTS along with less strain on the healthcare system around COVID infections with much lower infection rates than internationally,” the organisation said.

SA chief public health officer Nicola Spurrier confirmed the case in the 53-year-old man and told reporters he was receiving treatment in intensive care.

The man had his first dose of the vaccine on May 4 and was admitted to hospital on May 18 with severe abdominal pain.

Professor Spurrier said the syndrome linked to the vaccine could occur between four to 20 days after getting the jab.

She advised people who received AstraZeneca to monitor for symptoms like severe headaches or abdominal pains.

Earlier this week it was revealed a trainee nurse had suffered blood clots after getting the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Ellie Peacock, 18, received her first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on March 31, a week before the government declared people younger than 50 would no longer be given the AstraZeneca jab due to blood clot concerns.

The trainee nurse worked with a team that was regularly exposed to potential COVID-19 positive patients, meaning she was given priority to roll up her sleeve.

More than two weeks after she received the vaccine, Ms Royal turned up at Brisbane Women’s Hospital emergency room with throbbing and tightness in her calf, which she said were “signs of clotting”.

She had an ultrasound which failed to identify any blood clots and was sent home.

The Queensland woman then started to experience regular and painful headaches which she continued to ignore until she experienced severe pain near her collar bone when breathing in.

Ms Peacock went back to hospital, got an x-ray and was told she had pneumonia. She was then sent home again.

A few days later her GP discovered that her oxygen levels had dropped by 90 per cent.

“After persisting for further testing, they finally found three blood clots in one lung,” she wrote on Instagram.

“This experience has been terrifying and overwhelming but I’m on the mend. Now to focus on my health for the next six months.”

So ... the issue of GBS is now being noticed.

Round and round on the merry go round ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Facebook Whistleblower Leaks Details of Users Being Ranked and Suppressed Based on “Vaccine Hesitancy” Algorithm

Project Veritas has revealed some explosive information provided by two Facebook whistleblowers. According to documents and testimony by the insiders, Facebook initiated a program to control the speech of users who were expressing “vaccine hesitancy”, or concerns about the COVID vaccine. Anyone who was concerned about the vaccine was given a “vaccine hesitancy ” score. Unbeknownst to the user, that score was then used to ban, remove or shadow-ban the content.

In essence any speech, sharing of information or comment discussion that is not in alignment with the pro-vaccine narrative is considered adverse to the interests of the Facebook platform. Those users are then targeted to suppress their voice.

https://theconservativetreehou...hesitancy-algorithm/

As if I needed another reason to stay off of Facebook.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Facebook Whistleblower Leaks Details of Users Being Ranked and Suppressed Based on “Vaccine Hesitancy” Algorithm

Not Surprising....

Posts: 24242 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Fuckerberg continues to be an enemy of the USA.

Posts: 53788 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post