SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you missed my point

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Even beyond that I can't begin to grasp why anyone would take the shot if they've already had the virus...

Some of us like to see the world, and the shots are going to be a requirement if they're not already.

Posts: 15934 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
you missed my point

Maybe spell your point out? I agree with Gustofer, pharma makes money making drugs.

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Difficult buying vitamin d3 - seems like almost none made in USA. Almost all are “manufactured for” or “distributed by” which largely has come to be code for made in prc. The irony of all these health good stores, vitamin stores and health nuts buying shit made in prc. Oh, and it seems like all the people who avoid gmo yet got the “vaccine” - haha they are now gmo themselves. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12826 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those horrible bastards!

Shame on them for making money doing what they do.

^^^^^^^^^^
Lots of people made money, not to mention those individuals receiving all kinds of money from the government. Insurance companies did well in large part because people postponted elective surgeries and did not go to the doctor.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Dunno about insurance but big pharma pisses me off. Conflicts of interest. And who makes ivermectin? They should be promoting its use and availability here.

Sure - as an industry let's promote new untested gene therapy instead of a cheap proven treatment. Pharma doesn’t believe in hippocratic oath?

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12826 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
There is a huge difference between Capitalism and Crony Capitalism.
The corruption associated with Big Pharma is well documented.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
If BLM really wanted to make a real difference, maybe they should fact check the allegations of the gates foundation and adverse reactions to experimentations of vaccines in Africa. India’s seems to have been subjected to similar experimentation. MSM is complicit?

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Even beyond that I can't begin to grasp why anyone would take the shot if they've already had the virus...

Some of us like to see the world, and the shots are going to be a requirement if they're not already.
I wish you safe journeys. I've been all over the world and given current events (Covid and other), don't care to ever go again. But that was not really my point. My point was after enduring exposure to Covid and fully recovering, one should have anti-bodies in their system and not need a vaccine to artificially create a condition where antibodies are produced.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Previously, SARS came and went. If covid is now manufactured, seems like a new variant will be released annually? Why not - this hugely benefits PRC, big pharma, leftist dictatorships, the extremely wealthy? What's to stop them now with the media supportive of their actions and squelching anything to the contrary?

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
We have already had the media moaning about different variants from different countries.

Posts: 10001 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Around here the schools, MSM and social media have got these young people SO BRAINWASHED that they are going to die a horrible death if they don't wear their face muzzle 24/7, you see them with them on everywhere.

What really saddens and scares me is you'll see a family walking along or maybe even grandparents with grandchildren walking outside in the fresh air and the older members DO NOT have their masks on but all the younger adults, teens and children DO.

I just don't get it. Confused

Posts: 34077 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Don't feel bad. It's not really possible to "get" or understand irrationality.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Thanks for the input guys!

I called to have my name put on the list for the J&J next Friday, I'm supposed to get confirmation within 48 hours so I will report back if the appt is made. If it doesn't go thru I'm pretty sure I can get the first of the Pfizer or Moderna shots pretty soon.

Reporting back in.

Got the J&J shot on Friday morning. Very well run site - parked, walked up, answered a few questions and had the shot within 5 minutes or so. Had to wait 15 minutes to see if there was any allergic reaction - massaged the upper arm where the injection went in per nurse's instruction.

No allergic reaction and absolutely no side effects. Upper arm was just a little sore to the touch on Saturday, but that was it. Was out working all day Saturday, slept great. Woke up Sunday fine and worked a bit around the farm and enjoyed Easter - again, no side effects at all.

Woke up this morning (Monday) and the little bit of arm soreness is even gone.

All in all a non-event, thankfully - and now I have my card (which is all I wanted), a sticker and a t-shirt.

Wife is funny - I texted her that I already had the shot and was waiting the mandatory 15 minutes and here was her response:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The J&J is more like a vaccine, correct? Whereas the other offerings are not really a vaccine but genetic modulators? That's what I thought I heard but not sure.

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Got my first Pfizer vaccine last week. The first one hit me hard like getting the flu, which should indicate that I had covid before as I expected. I was holding out and didn't want it at all, but I'm hoping having the stupid card will allow me to skip quarantine in Taiwan this summer to pick up my wife and kids.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7104 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Reporting back in.

Got the J&J shot on Friday morning. Very well run site - parked, walked up, answered a few questions and had the shot within 5 minutes or so. Had to wait 15 minutes to see if there was any allergic reaction - massaged the upper arm where the injection went in per nurse's instruction.

No allergic reaction and absolutely no side effects. Upper arm was just a little sore to the touch on Saturday, but that was it. Was out working all day Saturday, slept great. Woke up Sunday fine and worked a bit around the farm and enjoyed Easter - again, no side effects at all.

Woke up this morning (Monday) and the little bit of arm soreness is even gone.

All in all a non-event, thankfully - and now I have my card (which is all I wanted), a sticker and a t-shirt.

Wife is funny - I texted her that I already had the shot and was waiting the mandatory 15 minutes and here was her response:

The J&J is more like a vaccine, correct? Whereas the other offerings are not really a vaccine but genetic modulators? That's what I thought I heard but not sure.

Yes, it is a traditional vaccine. The one and only time I got a regular flu vaccine years ago I felt like trash for 3+ days - fever, chills, everything. I never got one after that and wasn't really looking forward to this, but wanted the one and done rather than the 2 spaced out since I had to get it.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh hell's bells, better get your vaccine. A double mutant strain! Roll Eyes

Couldn't help but remind me of this:

Is anyone seriously buying their bullshit anymore?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
What is 'double mutant' as I've never heard the term before?