SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Speak up----Die!! RIP Brandy!
Sorry, just who is going to kill her?

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was the official cause of death?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
From CDC for the U.S.:

66 million people have received at least one dose of Covid19 vaccine

of those, 35 million have been fully vaccinated (two doses)

U.S. population over 18 y.o. = 258 million

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well, Covid killed my longstanding big extended family reunion that’s been held every 4th of July weekend since 1977...really what killed it is 95% of this extended family (my stepmother is one of 15 children and it’s all branched off that) are Democrats and still scared to death of this stupid virus. I’m reading a long email thread and the amount of fear and squabbling and sniping back and forth is amazing and sad to see. These freaking people all lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis, Vietnam and the Cold War not to mention all the wars on terrorism and they’re all too frightened to get together for one day a year and have a cookout. They cancelled 2020 and just cancelled 2021, and I think it’s over.

I’m out. Even if they eventually start having this again, I’m never going to this ever again. I have no more desire to be one of a few conservatives surrounded by 150 scared sheeple liberal idiots even for one day. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 34539 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean.

Our small village, population <200, started having a Memorial Day Parade in 1888 as a remembrance of the seven locals who died in the Civil War, and has grown into annual big county wide event. It's continued every year since then, even during WWI & WWII.......except last year. No word yet about this years parade.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Esteemed Expert on all things Covid, Dr Fauci is now saying 3' is an appropriate distance for social distancing. 12 months+ into this thing and these fools are still clueless.

Poster makers are going to love this, now they can print up a bunch that say 3', since the 6' ones are now obsolete.

Fauci says 3' social distancing could be the new guideline

Posts: 256 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyMCO:
Our Esteemed Expert on all things Covid, Dr Fauci is now saying 3' is an appropriate distance for social distancing. 12 months+ into this thing and these fools are still clueless.

Poster makers are going to love this, now they can print up a bunch that say 3', since the 6' ones are now obsolete.

Fauci says 3' social distancing could be the new guideline

To tell the truth, I didn't have a problem with the whole social distancing thing. It was the mask mandates that pissed me off.

So now the all knowing Dr says we're allowed to get 3' from each other, but last week he said wearing multiple masks was a good idea.

I wonder if anyone has kept track of all the things he's said that are contradictory or just make no sense at all.

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Social distancing is nearly impossible at any kind of public gathering. Sporting events, festivals, gun shows, you name it......people walk by and stand near each other when you are living normal everyday life. You might claim you are observing it when standing in a line or something but in reality you end up being in droplet range.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
the things he's said that are contradictory or just make no sense at all

The things that make no sense are just common sense!

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Some may have to admit that this WuFlu has been a great excuse to get out of some of those PIA gatherings. Just Saying - I've played that card a couple time so far.

Posts: 504 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Social distancing is nearly impossible at any kind of public gathering. Sporting events, festivals, gun shows, you name it......people walk by and stand near each other when you are living normal everyday life. You might claim you are observing it when standing in a line or something but in reality you end up being in droplet range.

It, the mask wearing...it's all Kabuki Theater.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fauci's new comment on 3 feet just tells me that baseball season is upon us and he is under pressure to put more fans in the stadiums.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting interview. Until it is nuked.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
To tell the truth, I didn't have a problem with the whole social distancing thing. It was the mask mandates that pissed me off.

So now the all knowing Dr says we're allowed to get 3' from each other, but last week he said wearing multiple masks was a good idea.

No. No rules, guidelines, whatever, without hard data. No more bullshit. No more masks, no more distancing. I sick of standing outside the store door while the store is 25% occupied and dumb fucks are just browsing around.

If you're sick, stay home. If you're afraid of getting sick. stay home. Let the fucking rest of us get on with living.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13087 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:

No. No rules, guidelines, whatever, without hard data. No more bullshit. No more masks, no more distancing. I sick of standing outside the store door while the store is 25% occupied and dumb fucks are just browsing around.

If you're sick, stay home. If you're afraid of getting sick. stay home. Let the fucking rest of us get on with living.

A year ago, I said the same thing. I was told I didn’t care if grandpa died. People were posting cute pictures and memes of people peeing to explain to the unwashed why we needed to wear masks and how masks worked.

They just couldn’t grasp your simple logic. “Trust me I’m married to a scientist” and all the other “experts” that 365 days later they are as wrong as they were then.

This thread memorializes those who bought into the hype. The ones that gladly gave your and their Rights up “if it only saves one life”.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37173 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Interesting interview. Until it is nuked.
Thank you. I watched it. I recommend that others watch it. If you just want just the meat of it, watch the fifteen minutes of this video which starts at about the ten minute mark.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the start of this thing, if all the "experts and "scientists" had come out publicly and said we don't know much about this virus, how it spreads, who is at most at risk and how we are going to treat people who have it, and then said we are working to learn what we need to do to stop it, I would have accepted it as a legitimate effort to control the virus. But instead, it became weaponized, politicized and propagandized (and to influence our political process) to the point of idiocy. Wear a mask while having sex! To be safe, wear a mask while walking to your table but once seated, unmask! You will be safe when you are seated! Close down small businesses but leave Wal-Mart open. Your grocery store bag boy is a hero! Roll Eyes But the most disappointing aspect of the "pandemic" is how fully our population embraced the manufactured panic. As if panic buying of paper towels was a virus deterrence. Or wearing a mask while alone in your car. For me, the take away when this finally burns out is the fact that a huge portion of the American populace bought wholesale into a unsubstantiated "crisis".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No. No rules, guidelines, whatever, without hard data. No more bullshit. No more masks, no more distancing.

I should've put a smiley face in there. I didn't mean that I was Ok with the rules. Only that I'd prefer that most people stay at least 6' away from me to begin with.

Thomas Sowell

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Perfectly stated. +1k

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Bill & Melinda Gates Giggle & Smirk Over 2nd Wave of Pandemic

Bill Gates saying to Trump not to investigate vaccine safety!

Starting at around the 2:10 mark, Mr. Gates says "we could reduce the world population by 10 or 15% if we do a really good job with Vaccines and healthcare" Can someone here explain what he means by this?

Bill Gates - Population Reduction with Vaccines.

For everyone who's sick of Covid and tired of this B.S.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post