SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Yet, despite their finding (masks not helping), they still advocate use of masks? Explain?
Simple. The sheep expect government to do something. The reality is, government couldn't do much of anything prior to distribution of these new vaccines to stop the spread of the virus (and the jury is still out on how effective these vaccines will really be in the wild). Soooooooo, Government being the pompous, self-important, asswipes they are, ginned up this mask BS as a response, and the media ran cover for them. As such, they are not going to back away from this mask mandate no matter what comes out. This was all just BS from the beginning and it continues to be BS today. But the sheep bleat contently as they mill through life with a rag across their pie hole waiting to get their vaccine shot that's estimated to be ~94% effective against a virus that's ~99.075% non-lethal to an overwhelming majority of the country. Welcome to 2021's version of Idiocrasy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
About 78% of people who have been hospitalized, needed a ventilator or died from Covid-19 have been overweight or obese, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a new study Monday.

That is hardly surprising.

About 78% of people are overweight or obese.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
About 78% of people who have been hospitalized, needed a ventilator or died from Covid-19 have been overweight or obese, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a new study Monday.
That is hardly surprising.

About 78% of people are overweight or obese.
That was the question that I asked, about four posts prior to yours. Looks like we're thinking along the same lines.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Israeli drug cured 29 of 30 moderate/serious COVID cases in days — hospital

https://www.timesofisrael.com/...ithin-days-hospital/

Medicine developed at Ichilov moderates immune response, helps prevent deadly cytokine storm, researchers say; 29 of 30 phase 1 trial patients left hospital within 3-5 days

A new coronavirus treatment being developed at Tel Aviv’s Ichilov Medical Center has successfully completed phase 1 trials and appears to have helped numerous moderate-to-serious cases of COVID-19 quickly recover from the disease, the hospital said Friday.

Hailing a “huge breakthrough,” the hospital said Prof. Nadir Arber’s EXO-CD24 substance had been administered to 30 patients whose conditions were moderate or worse, and all 30 recovered — 29 of them within three to five days.

The medicine fights the cytokine storm — a potentially lethal immune overreaction to the coronavirus infection that is believed to be responsible for much of the deaths associated with the disease.

It uses exosomes — tiny carrier sacs that shuttle materials between cells — to deliver a protein called CD24 to the lungs, which Arber has spent decades researching.

“This protein is located on the surface of cells and has a well known and important role in regulating the immune system,” said researcher Shiran Shapira of Arber’s lab.

The protein helps calm down the immune system and curb the storm.

“The preparation is inhaled once a day for a few minutes, for five days,” Arber said. “The preparation is directed straight to the heart of the storm — the lungs — so unlike other formulas… which selectively restrain a certain cytokine, or operate widely but cause many serious side effects, EXO-CD24 is administered locally, works broadly and without side effects.”

The medicine will now move on to further trial phases, but hospital officials were already hailing it as a possible game-changer in fighting serious COVID-19 illness.

Ichilov director Roni Gamzu, the former coronavirus czar, said the research “is advanced and sophisticated and may save coronavirus patients. The results of the phase 1 trial are excellent and give us all confidence in the method [Arber] has been researching in his lab for many years.”

He added: “I am proud that at Ichilov we are… possibly bringing a blue and white remedy to a terrible global pandemic.”

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
My wife currently has covid. She is obese (so am I). Her symptoms are like a mild cold with the exception of losing her sense of taste and smell.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
My wife currently has covid. She is obese (so am I). Her symptoms are like a mild cold with the exception of losing her sense of taste and smell.
Here's hoping she recovers quickly and without issues.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I heard the term LongHaulers for the first time. I have a once very active aunt who now cannot climb steps without losing her breath.

Long-haul Covid patients can experience 'waves of symptoms,' early research suggests

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I’m of the opinion that we will be seeing a lot of long term side effects of Covid that extend far beyond the illness itself. A co-worker and his wife got it back in October. She still has frequent intermittent loss of sense of smell and taste. Those that suffered lung damage may have issues for the rest of their lives. The frantic response to the outbreak by the Chinese for what in reality has a low fatality rate makes me believe they know the seriousness of long term ramifications.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
long term ramifications

What other virus causes these types of issues? Not only the ongoing problems, but the wide variety of them?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Ronin1069, is or was she a smoker? And or a regular drinker?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The loss of sense of smell / taste: what's happening here? I think I was losing my sense of smell / taste over the past several years (comments of late like - this dish is a little too salty or sweet or whatever when it tastes fine to me).

However, with the wuflu and this being one of the symptoms, I'm more aware of this.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

https://www.kusi.com/governor-...rmal-after-pandemic/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For God's sake Roll Eyes

Infinite jackassery. Stop talking, you idiot.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
California? Look to Florida for how to navigate this you idiots. You are crushing the future of your residents, especially your youth. Inept, self serving morons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5910 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesterday I heard the term LongHaulers for the first time. I have a once very active aunt who now cannot climb steps without losing her breath.

^^^^^^^^^^
The latest stat was 78 percent of COVID patients have a least one lingering symptom six months later. There are a number of patients here locally that will need medical oxygen for the rest of ther lives.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^^
I’m of the opinion that we will be seeing a lot of long term side effects of Covid that extend far beyond the illness itself. A co-worker and his wife got it back in October. She still has frequent intermittent loss of sense of smell and taste. Those that suffered lung damage may have issues for the rest of their lives. The frantic response to the outbreak by the Chinese for what in reality has a low fatality rate makes me believe they know the seriousness of long term ramifications.

First time I have heard of long haul but had been warned by our doctor after wife and I got it that long after we get past initial symptoms its not known what can come or go. We ended up exceptionally lucky in that we at the time still had some weight on and had a few co morbidities but beyond loss of taste and smell and sniffles we got past it. Sniffles within a few days but took a while for taste and smell to come back and some to us both seem off now - and have had times where its muted for lack of better words

Ultimately, I am left wondering with talk of viral load we could catch it worse later or a mutation compounds and it be worse since we had been exposed or will we be better off. Lots of unknown variables

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

https://www.kusi.com/governor-...rmal-after-pandemic/
Yep, and there you have it. This was never about a virus, it was all about control.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I posit that it’s not just control but wealth. Temporarily depressing the economy and flow of goods and services has made capital ripe for the taking at bargain prices by the pelosi family of dynasties.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Huh? I don't understand what this is saying but it doesn't sound good.

https://www.oann.com/report-bi...ined-americans-data/

Report: Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation Linked To Chinese Company Found To Have Mined Americans’ Data

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 9:14 AM PT – Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Bill Gates has reportedly been linked with a Chinese company U.S. officials are now calling a national security risk for nearly a decade. According to reports Monday, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has worked extensively with BGI Genomics since 2012, which was formerly known as the Beijing Genomics Institute.

Back in 2012, the billionaire’s foundation established a memorandum of understanding with the Chinese firm to “bring genomics research” to the global society. This occurred as U.S. Intelligence officials said the company used COVID-19 test kits supplied to the U.S. government to “collect, store and exploit bio-metric information.”

“They are the ultimate company that shows connectivity to both the communist state as well as the military apparatus,” stated Will Evanina, former director of the National Counterintelligence and Security Center. “Current estimates are that 80 percent of American adults have had all of their personally identifiable information stolen by the Communist Party of China.”

posted Hide Post
^^^
"Cloud" anyone.

Did anyone think that Microsoft, Google, et al wouldn't scan data that was sent to a server farm?

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post