SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I do not wear a mask to protect others. But to protect myself. Period

I do not really know how necessary it is. But I will decide when it isn't.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19727 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I will decide

That's what it comes down to for me. I don't care who wears a mask and who doesn't so long as it is the individuals making the choice for themselves.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15855 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

please leave the premises, and don't come back if you have issue(s) with our policies.
Which fine dining establishment was that?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31419 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
My aunt sent me this link:

https://youtu.be/-fhGV1LxeKQ

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Funny bit I heard. “Fauci’s pitch was horrible on purpose. So no one would catch anything.”

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Excellent video, thanks for posting that, ersatzknarf. I watched V for Vendetta again a few months ago and thought to myself "Gee... I wonder...."

Posts: 17643 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Indiana's impending mask order is now suspended. Our AG stepped up and basically said the way it was gone about is unconstitutional. They have to put it before the legislative branch for discussion and a vote before anything of that nature can be implemented.

While I'm still of the opinion that the state shouldn't be enforcing what should be a personal choice, I am pleased that AG Hill had the stones to stand up and say, wait, the Governor does not have absolute authority, and if we're going to do this we need to do it the right way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...slative-session/amp/

Posts: 9223 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Indiana's impending mask order is now suspended. Our AG stepped up and basically said the way it was gone about is unconstitutional.
Who was that? Governor Googie, or Freckles the Clown or one of the other cutesy damn nlcknames people in the other 49 states haven't heard?

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Our governor is Eric Holcomb. He has been decently levelheaded about this thing, until last week when he tried to push the mask order through by executive order. I think he's feeling pressure from surrounding states and caved.

Curtis Hill, the Attorney General, is a former prosecutor from the county just north of me. He's a staunch conservative, but has had some legal troubles over allegations of sexual misconduct. He lost the primary in June, so he's presumably on the way out...but I say kudos to him for taking a stand on this.

ETA: As I understand it, the mask order us still being implemented, but it's no longer a misdemeanor for violating it. So it's basically strongly encouraged for individuals, but no criminal charges can be brought for violating it. I do believe businesses that don't follow it could face fines through the health department, though.

Posts: 9223 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Washington, D.C., Issues Quarantine Order — Except for Lawmakers

Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser ordered a 14-day quarantine for any resident of the District or other travelers arriving from a coronavirus hotspot. Lawmakers, however, aren’t included in the ban. (Otherwise, they may have to spend time with their constituents!

The order kicks in Monday, July 27 at 12:01 AM. But according to the press release announcing Her Honor’s mandate, “A list of ‘high-risk areas’ will be posted by the DC Department of Health on Monday, July 27, 2020, and will be updated every two weeks on coronavirus.dc.gov.”

So some travelers will have a hitch in their travels when they land in D.C. early next week. Though I bet the roster of affected states will mirror — or very closely resemble — New York’s naughty list.

Link

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Our governor is Eric Holcomb. He has been decently levelheaded about this thing, until last week when he tried to push the mask order through by executive order.
No offense intended. I'm just trying to make a point with members in general, about cutesy nicknames for state politicians.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
None taken! I should have probably been more detailed in my original post...it's easy to forget that most of us don't know anything about most state-level politicians from other states.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Curve flattening? What a joke.

Well, Dr. Fauci really flattened the curve last night... Big Grin

Dr. Anthony Fauci Throws Out First Pitch | Opening Day
He throws a baseball with about the same level of accuracy he comments on this bug with. He needs to go away.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Well, I became a casualty tonight of the mask craziness. Ordered curbside pickup from a local restaurant

Being close by, care to say which chain?
Tijuana Flats on Orange Avenue just south of downtown Orlando. And I forgot to mention in my other post that when the manager came out of the dining room into the outdoor area, his first comment for me was to move back and give him space. I was standing at least six feet from him when he issued this 'request'. Roll Eyes Bat shit crazy.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I do not wear a mask to protect others. But to protect myself. Period

I do not really know how necessary it is. But I will decide when it isn't.
The one thing I want to get across to you and others like you is, I don't care if you wear a mask or you don't, I have no intention of deriding your decision. I simply want the 'experts' to provide us all with a lot more substantive information proving their claim that masks work to stop the spread of the virus. Short of that, they're simply offering an unsupported 'opinion'. And ya know what they say about opinions. Wink

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

Link to referenced article...

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/arti...26/5/19-0994_article

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
The mask mandates have gotten out of hand here (Northeast Kansas). It has gotten to where I am either asked to leave or barred entry to most grocery stores.

Are there any legal movements currently underway to undo this silliness?

The mask requirement is discriminatory and I think there may be an argument based on parallels with arguments for the 1964 Civil Rights act. Basically, the argument being that there are limits on what level of discrimination critical services can apply to customers.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
The mask requirement is discriminatory and I think there may be an argument based on parallels with arguments for the 1964 Civil Rights act. Basically, the argument being that there are limits on what level of discrimination critical services can apply to customers.

Almost certainly. You should initiate this, and don’t forget the HIPAA!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12690 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Who is it discriminating against? People who don't like it? People who claim a medical condition are already permitted a waiver.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post