SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Big Grin been a long day and my calc-fu has failed me...

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...assuming that you believe any of the figures presented to us, which I most certainly do not.

There is no truth to be found in any of what they tell us, except that there is no truth in it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that was the point I was trying to make - with a lot of sarcasm mixed in

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
and I think the death rate is less than 1% - perhaps someone can check my math - 1720/84092

Really, you can't do this your head? Take 84,092, shift the decimal two places to the left which gives you 840 or 1% of 84,092. Multiply 840 by 2, 1,600+80=1,680, or 2% of 84,092. 1,720 is more than 1,680 therefore the death rate is more than 2%, about 2.05% which is also easily figured out since 1,720-1,680=40 which is about 10% of 50% of 1% of 84,092, or .05%.

Posts: 10952 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no truth to be found in any of what they tell us, except that there is no truth in it.

Liar paradox: If the liar is indeed lying, then the liar is telling the truth, which means the liar just lied.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar_paradox

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder that ANY talk of a lockdown is purely political and anti-science.

The lockdown was specifically implemented to flatten the rate of infection to ensure medical resources were not overwhelmed. We have not approached having medical resources overwhelmed, in fact many in the medical profession lost their jobs or had their hours and income seriously reduced.

The lockdown did what it was supposed to do. Now we have to learn to live with this and continue our lives. Any lockdowns from this point on are purely political and intended to hurt the re-election of the president. There is no science to support locking down the economy again.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Goes along with the maxim that anything that happens in an election year is done due to the election.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
On my way driving up to Dallas this afternoon I listened to a clinical presentation on Covid-19 that was sponsored by my employer. The focus was clinical presentations of Covid-19 is various medical imaging modalities. The presenters were two nationally recognized Radiologist. There were various case presentations and discussions about varied disease presentation and progressions. This was a peer to peer educational event providing CME's to those watching so there was no political or administrative spin. Simply doctors sharing their experience of diagnosing various disease states caused by Covid-19.

Both presenters mentioned, somewhat casually, that the case numbers (people who have actually contracted Covid-19) is drastically under reported. Both discussed that the majority of people who presented to their hospitals with symptoms of Covid-19 were stable and were sent home to "ride it out" without being tested. They also discussed the likelyhood of a significant number of non symptomatic and mild cases that will never seek care.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
...and now Texas is requiring masks in any county with more than 20 cases.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All we can do is look forward to the day when all of this is over, and I would suggest that no one pipe up right now to say cynically that this will never be over, because you know what I mean.

It will be past the first of the year before this is even a possibility, but, eventually, the liars will give it up, the fools will follow, and the gullible will be last to let it go. Some time after that, perhaps next year, perhaps ten years from now, the truth will emerge eventually and the truth is that almost everything we did and were forced to do during this farce were the wrong things to do.

When that happens, I hope the fools and the gullible will be ashamed, and I hope the liars will be reviled for their crimes against us.

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Right you are Jefe.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

But this morning Lt Governor Dan Patrick said he ain’t listening to dr fauci anymore...it’s all over the news

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHZW4Lzlno

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Faucci is the perfect bureaucrat. As far as I can determine, he's never been right about anything. He's the wrongest cat who who ever lived.

You just don't want to know what I think should happen to him.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Faucci is the perfect bureaucrat. As far as I can determine, he's never been right about anything. He's the wrongest cat who who ever lived.

You just don't want to know what I think should happen to him.

Oh I can think of a few things....

I wish POTUS had fired this guy a while back, but I know he would have caught a ton of flak over it.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I can take the hysteria for a full year...it's asinine, nonsensical, and unsustainable.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As we get farther into this, more people are beginning to figure it out. We'll reach a point where people will begin to fail to comply with all these arbitrary and ever-changing rules. People want/need to go back to work and want/need their lives to come back to a semblance of normalcy. The sooner this happens, the better, but you can see that no matter what the people want or think, these disgusting asshole leftist governors, mayors and bureaucrats will continue at it.

What the United States needs right now is an outright rebellion by the populace. I don't mean the idiotic and hateful fringe groups trying to implement some twisted agenda; I mean the people like you and me- the law-abiding, working people who fuel this nation's economy. I'd love to see it. I'd love to see everyone everywhere just say "fuck you, I'm not jumping through your hoops any more." What are they going to do? Put 150 million of us in jail?

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I just HOPE Lt. Governor Patrick tells Lina Hidalgo to go have coitus with a goat. Walked into Academy this afternoon and was met at the door by a [nice] lady...
"Do you have your mask?"
"I don't even OWN a mask, ma'am".
Lady busily opens a drawer at her stand and pulls out a package. "It's now required".
[YUUUUUGE eyeroll] "Whatever...." [Grabbed mask and went inside.]

Made SURE to wear it incorrectly in an OBVIOUS manner. I'm an insolent, recalcitrant bastard.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

But this morning Lt Governor Dan Patrick said he ain’t listening to dr fauci anymore...it’s all over the news.
Same thing I've been saying and sharing with others for the past couple weeks. Fauci can go blow his opinions out his ass.

I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow and I expect that trip to be quite the cluster[blank].

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AZ Governor has shut down the Fitness Centers....where everyone wears a mask and there are sanitary wipes stations within reach.

No mention by the health experts if anyone got the virus at an AZ fitness center/gym.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
AZ Governor has shut down the Fitness Centers....where everyone wears a mask and there are sanitary wipes stations within reach.

No mention by the health experts if anyone got the virus at an AZ fitness center/gym.
Same thing I mentioned before. Show me the stats to support the position that gyms and bars are the entities contributing to the rise in positive tests. I have never been able to suggest to 'any' customer 'ever' a course of action without supporting my recommendation(s) with data. These GD elected morons are making this shit up as they go and no one in the 'media' is calling them on it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post