SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Trannyical

Posts: 1847 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39230 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://aatishb.com/covidtrend...rway&location=Sweden

Compares Sweden, Norway and Finland. Topic is new cases in the last week compared to total cases in each country.

https://aatishb.com/covidtrend...rway&location=Sweden

Compares reported deaths in the last week compared to total cases in each country.

Sweden doesn't look so good to me ... What makes folks think that Sweden is the place to be ?

Posts: 1295 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sweden doesn't look so good to me ... What makes folks think that Sweden is the place to be ?

Their growth rate is similar to the US (sub 2%), and they didn't kill their economy like we did, so is it really that bad?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Their growth rate is similar to the US (sub 2%), and they didn't kill their economy like we did, so is it really that bad?

Comparing Sweden and the US seems a bit like oranges and apples. If you compare Sweden to her neighbors.... Norway, Finland and Denmark look better but I readily admit that I don't know about their economies.
I'm a far cry from an expert.

Posts: 1295 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
NYC health head rejected NYPD mask plea: ‘I don’t give two rats’ asses about your cops’

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/...tter_impression=true

"The NYPD has recorded 5,490 cases of coronavirus among its 55,000 cops and civilian workers, with 41 deaths, according to figures released Wednesday evening."

This is 'New Yorkistan' so nothing suprising here except....WOW, 10% Infection Rate at the NYPD!

Is this due to increased testing (because they're 'on the front lines' and 'essential') identifying all these cases or are that many personnel actually getting sick?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
NYC health head rejected NYPD mask plea: ‘I don’t give two rats’ asses about your cops’

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/...tter_impression=true

"The NYPD has recorded 5,490 cases of coronavirus among its 55,000 cops and civilian workers, with 41 deaths, according to figures released Wednesday evening."

This is 'New Yorkistan' so nothing suprising here except....WOW, 10% Infection Rate at the NYPD!

Is this due to increased testing (because they're 'on the front lines' and 'essential') identifying all these cases or are that many personnel actually getting sick?

10% tested positive. They had/ have the virus.

That doesn't mean that they were "sick"...
Asymptotic.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8524 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm fascinated that many of you accept all these figures being fed to us. How can you believe anything you're being told about this fiasco? Do you actually trust these apparatchiks to tell you the truth? Do you believe what "officials" in New York are telling us? That whole freaking state is nothing but one big commie lie, with NYC being the filthy epicenter of it all. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I no longer consider New York state to be part of the United States. They are not us. They don't believe in or adhere to the Constitution of the United States. Everything there is a lie.

I turned on my TV today to find that my DVR had recorded an episode of the PBS program Nova, as it is set to do. "Decoding the COVID-19 virus" was the episode.

Nope

Didn't even take a look at it. I just hit 'delete'. While I am a longtime fan of Nova, I am not listening to any PBS propaganda on this particular subject. The program may have been filled with factual information, but I'll never know, because I don't trust anything I am being told about all of this, especially by leftist PBS.

That ship has sailed. I would advise all of you to approach any and every thing you're being told about this clown show with extreme skepticism. Operate under the very reasonable assumption that everything you're being told is either a lie calculated to advance a leftist agenda, or is just plain old incompetence, and the leftists have plenty of both flavors of that bullshit they're trying to force feed you.

Ten percent tested what for what? Ten percent, huh? Nice round number, so it won't hurt too badly when they shove it up their ass. They're just making shit up. No more lies.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The sheer volume of erroneous and conflicting information surrounding Covid 19 is absolutely staggering.

I keep hearing "we are making decisions based on facts, data, and science". How is that possible given the current state of the information/data available?

All I see are projection models based on tests with a less than 80% accuracy rate recorded using questionable methods and death statistics that are padded to draw Federal funds.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn’t want to quote Para’s entire post, but Mike Rowe said essentially the same thing on Dave Rubin’s podcast the other day in regards to trusting information and not believing someone just because they have “credentials”. He also made a good point about herd mentality, we locked down for the good of the herd, and now in order for people to feel comfortable going out it’s going to take a few “guinea pigs” so to speak, then more will come out, then more, etc.

I highly recommend Dave Rubin and Dan Crenshaw who has a podcast called Hold These Truths.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 688 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The sheer volume of erroneous and conflicting information surrounding Covid 19 is absolutely staggering.

I keep hearing "we are making decisions based on facts, data, and science". How is that possible given the current state of the information/data available?

All I see are projection models based on tests with a less than 80% accuracy rate recorded using questionable methods and death statistics that are padded to draw Federal funds.

There is no conclusions that can be made with the information at hand. My only conclusion is, this thing is going to kill people, it's unavoidable. It sucks, but once again unavoidable. The original reason for lockdowns was not to save lives from the virus, but to save lives from over burdening the healthcare system. Mission accomplished. Now what is the point of the lockdowns? They should be laser focused only on areas that have huge break outs and let the rest of us trudge on and hope for the best. We can't stay in our houses for the next decade hoping for a cure. How's Fauci's AIDS cure working out?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That ship has sailed. I would advise all of you to approach any and every thing you're being told about this clown show with extreme skepticism. Operate under the very reasonable assumption that everything you're being told is either a lie calculated to advance a leftist agenda, or is just plain old incompetence, and the leftists have plenty of both flavors of that bullshit they're trying to force feed you.

Ten percent tested what for what? Ten percent, huh? Nice round number, so it won't hurt too badly when they shove it up their ass. They're just making shit up. No more lies.

Great advice which I have followed since this mess started. The first few weeks I was too busy to pay attention and the little I did see was obviously a bunch of people shooting from the hip with bad predictions that have proven repeatedly to be wrong. I scan headlines at the most and realize that most of the headlines are complete BS as well. Very few reliable sources out there today - everyone is more interested in furthering their agenda, whatever it may be.

This video by the head of Barstool Sports that he released yesterday is one of the very few I have watched, and glad I did. It is spot on. When did 'flatten the curve' become 'stay locked down until a cure is found'?

Definitely worth a 3 minute investment. NSFW due to a little salty language.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, the ONLY reason I'm believing the numbers from the FDNY or the NYPD is because their unions are probably releasing them, and not the City. Those Departments HATE the Mayor and the Governor, and would release actual numbers just to make them look bad!

(Not that I'm a big fan of unions, but I'd trust the PBPA way before I'd ever trust NYC!)

I'd be willing to say ALL of these big cities (especially the Democratic ones!) are fudging the numbers. I was told by the Cook Co Medical Examiners office that it's $39,000 per COVID related death. I'm willing to bet that the $39K is nation wide.

So what would be the downside to marking down a death due to "Natural Causes" and checking the "COVID Related" box?
Unless it's a criminal investigation, I don't think the ME's office saves anything outside of paperwork when it comes to their investigations. Something like a blood sample, that later on would actually prove if the deceased had the virus. So why not just check the "COVID Related" box as much as you can?
(And this is going on in places where the deceased is probably going to vote for Biden in a few months)

So later on, if there is an investigation into government fraud; prove it. That one is going to be hard to do.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8524 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11415 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
A few words of wisdom from a close friend of mine.

"If someone expends a great deal of time and effort trying to convince you to see the truth in their viewpoint, the only one they are really trying to convince is themselves".

As an extension of that...
"If your argument or point is not of sufficient substance or validity, citing past achievements or your greatness does not improve the the perception of your claims"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fully agree with Para. It is all lies. It has become politicized and monetized. Even if you are generous enough to think that at the beginning of the outbreak, all the so called experts wanted to do the right thing and stop its spread, its abundantly clear that no one had any kind of a handle on how to deal with the virus.
It has been amazing to me how quickly people bought into the lies and now live them, and expect others to do the same.
The only hope I have is that when the dust settles, the tyrants and liars are held to account for their actions.
But but I dont hold much hope for that to happen.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats Decline to Put ‘Whistleblower’ Dr. Rick Bright Under Oath

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...k-bright-under-oath/

Democrats declined to require Dr. Rick Bright, the “whistleblower” who appeared before the House on Thursday, to testify under oath as he told a subcommittee that the Trump administration had not responded adequately to the coronavirus pandemic.

Bright, the former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), was reassigned last month to a position at the National Institutes of Health. He claimed he was a victim of retaliation for his opposition to President Donald Trump’s support for the use of hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and zinc to treat coronavirus patients.

However, plans to remove Bright were reportedly in the works before the coronavirus pandemic, as he was accused of “incompetence and insubordination.” Politico also reported that Bright had written in support of hydroxychloroquine.

Bright, who has failed to show up for work at his new job, immediately hired attorney Debra Katz, who represented Christine Blasey Ford in 2018 during Democrats’ effort to stop the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

At the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health hearing, Ranking Member Rep. Dr. Michael Burgess (R-TX) noted that this was only the first hearing the committee was holding on the pandemic, five months after it first began.

Rep. Greg Walden (R-OR) noted that Katz was seated at the table next to Dr. Bright with a microphone, calling the arrangement “extraordinarily unusual” for a government witness to be testifying along with a private attorney.

Rep. Larry Bucshon (R-IN) raised a parliamentary objection, noting that Dr. Bright was not testifying under oath. “[If] he’s … not under oath, if we get into whistleblower allegations, how can we be sure the witness is telling the truth under oath if they’re not under oath, and if they’re not under oath, then how can you talk about the whistleblower complaints in a fair and equitable manner?” he asked.

Committee chair Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA) declined to place Dr. Bright under oath before his testimony, but noted that “all witnesses know that it is illegal to lie to Congress.”

Dr. Bright’s opening statement consisted largely of criticisms and concerns about the Trump administration’s policy response to the pandemic. He praised experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci, a member of President Trump’s coronavirus task force.

Posts: 13075 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dr. Bright’s opening statement consisted largely of criticisms and concerns about the Trump administration’s policy response to the pandemic. He praised experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci, a member of President Trump’s coronavirus task force.

Dr. Fauci is a snake in the grass...

Fauci's Song and Dance

Dr. Anthony Fauci has never been muzzled by President Trump, as the lamestream media often charged, but maybe he should have been and should be still. Before his tour de farce before the Senate Health Committee, the shy, modest, and unassuming Dr. Fauci emailed a New York Times reporter with a preview of his testimony, an apocalypse now prediction if we don’t hang on to and follow his sage and expert advice:

Dr. Anthony Fauci emailed New York Times reporter Sheryl Gay Stolberg Monday night with a preview of his message for a Senate hearing on Tuesday in which he warns of “needless suffering and death” if the country opens “prematurely” from the COVID-19 Chinese coronavirus lockdowns…

Stolberg posted Fauci’s message to Twitter:

“The major message that I wish to convey to the Senate HLP committee tomorrow is the danger of trying to open the country prematurely. If we skip over the checkpoints in the guidelines to: ‘Open America Again,’ then we risk the danger of multiple outbreaks throughout the country. This will not only result in needless suffering and death, but would actually set us back on our quest to return to normal.”

Or we could just sit here and wait for a vaccine that may or may not come and may or may not work while our economy atrophies and people turn to drugs, alcohol, child abuse, domestic violence and even suicide as their nest eggs dreams, livelihoods evaporates. Many would argue, and I count myself among them, that Fauci’s consistently wrong advice using consistently wrong computer models has led to needless suffering and death.

Tucker Carlson on his Fox News show recently asked Dr. Marty Makary, professor of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University. what he thought of Fauci’s performance thus far and his assessment was not good:

He's a good laboratory virologist. But you know, in terms of preparing this country, he missed it…

For two months from January 15th when we had our first case confirmed walking around in the United States on U.S. oil until March 15th, with the country latching on to every word he says, he never once prepared this country with anything beyond simple hygiene and basic virology lessons.

He went on the media every day, on every show. Never once did we hear, let's get ready with more PPE. Let's build up our stockpiles. Let's stop nonessential travel. Let's get more swabs. Let's build up capacity with reagents and testing.

So, that was a big miss, and I don't know whether or not to blame him because we all make mistakes, or the entire country putting their faith and stock in one doctor.

Ouch. His pronouncements have been dangerously and consistently inaccurate, as when he asserted that the coronavirus was nothing to worry about and we should just get on with our lives. As The Hill reported on January 26::

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said Sunday the American public shouldn’t worry about the coronavirus outbreak in China.

“It’s a very, very low risk to the United States,” Fauci said during an interview with radio show host John Catsimatidis.

“But it’s something that we as public health officials need to take very seriously... It isn’t something the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about.”

Or how about his sage advice on masks and the now-you-need-them now-you-don’t flip-flop on CBS’ “60 Minutes” on March 8:

When it comes to preventing coronavirus, public health officials have been clear: Healthy people do not need to wear a face mask to protect themselves from COVID-19.

"There's no reason to be walking around with a mask," infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci told 60 Minutes.

While masks may block some droplets, Fauci said, they do not provide the level of protection people think they do. Wearing a mask may also have unintended consequences: People who wear masks tend to touch their face more often to adjust them, which can spread germs from their hands.

Coronavirus was nothing to worry about. There was no need to wear face masks. Fauci has been the Pied Piper of economic and medical misinformation. After he changed his mind and decided that we needed to shut down the world’s greatest and booming economy, he did so on the basis of bogus models.

First Fauci and Birx used the discredited Ferguson model to persuade Trump to lock down the economy. A New York Times reporter wrote on how apocalyptic nonsense from researcher Neil Ferguson and the Imperial College was used to dupe the White House Coronavirus Task Force and influence President Trump to accept Fauci’s draconian lockdown:

Sweeping new federal recommendations announced on Monday for Americans to sharply limit their activities appeared to draw on a dire scientific report warning that, without action by the government and individuals to slow the spread of coronavirus and suppress new cases, 2.2 million people in the United States could die.

To curb the epidemic, there would need to be drastic restrictions on work, school and social gatherings for periods of time until a vaccine was available, which could take 18 months, according to the report, compiled by British researchers…

…Asked at a news conference with President Trump about what had led to the change in thinking by a White House task force, Dr. Deborah Birx, one of the task force leaders, said new information had come from a model developed in Britain.

We are trapped in this suicidal national lockdown because Fauci relied on and believed a report from the same doofus who in 2005 predicted that as many as 200 million people would die from the bird flu and in 2009 that British deaths from the swine flu would number 500,000 annually. Deaths numbered 500.

Even Fauci must have realized the absurdities of such numbers, for he soon turned to another model from the University of Washington. But that model’s projections on cases and deaths changed enormously and frequently as new data came in, making accurate projections unreliable. Even Fauci noted:

“As we’re getting more data and seeing the positive of effect of mitigation, those numbers are going to be downgraded, as you’ve said,” Dr. Fauci said on Fox News. “I don’t know exactly what the numbers are going to be, but right now it looks like it’s going to be less than the original projection.”

In an article in the Washington Post quoting Dr. Fauci on computer models, he said

…there are too many variables at play in the pandemic to make the models reliable: “I’ve looked at all the models. I’ve spent a lot of time on the models. They don’t tell you anything. You can’t really rely upon models.”

Who elected Dr. Fauci President? Fauci keeps moving the goalposts. First COVID was not a threat. Then it was. We didn't need masks. Then we did. This is Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown. Now he tells us we have to wait for a vaccine for his permission to educate our children, worship our God, or visit our doctor?

Home of the brave and land of the free? Thanks to Fauci, we empty our jails so we have room for nail and hair salon owners wanting to feed their children. Fauci warns of needless suffering and death from a premature reopening of the economy he shut down. We are already miserable and dying.

We are dying from conditions not being treated because the hospitals and doctors are limited to so-called essential treatments and services. We are dying from suicide and depression and hopelessness in an atrophied economy. We are dying from vanished nest eggs, retirement plans, and dreams. We are dying from jobs that will never come back and businesses that will never reopen

We are dying in an economy whose upward curve your advice has flattened. You have destroyed the American dream almost singlehandedly and done what no foreign adversary ever could -- brought America to its knees.

Kentucky GOP Sen. Rand Paul rightly took Dr. Fauci apart for his apocalyptic Senate testimony:

“If we keep kids out of school for another year, what’s going to happen is the poor and underprivileged kids who don’t have a parent that’s able to teach them at home are not going to learn for a full year,” Paul said.

Paul rebuked Fauci, saying: “I don’t think you’re the end-all. I don’t think you’re the one person who gets to make a decision. We can listen to your advice, but there are people on the other side saying there’s not going to be a surge and that we can safely open the economy.”

I don’t think he’s the end-all either. To Dr. Fauci the U.S. is one big clinical trial and we are lab rats in his experiment. As America dies from bureaucratic asphyxiation, it's time we got a second opinion

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...e.html#ixzz6MROZALdA

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: They're just making shit up.

An interesting little video on this Twitter page in regards to media, politicians, and making shit up. Can't embed.

https://twitter.com/LikeTwolin.../1260157312146255872

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17155 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post